Experience with Island Buddy?

lorielucks

Hello, 

I was wondering if anyone had any recent experience using Island Buddy Jeep Tours in St. Thomas.  Another company, Sunfari, was recommended to me, but they are booked up for our date.  It looks like Island Buddy may offer a similar tour.  Has anyone used them?  Do you recommend them?

TIA

Lorie

On 2/10/2019 at 8:18 PM, lorielucks said:

Hello, 

I was wondering if anyone had any recent experience using Island Buddy Jeep Tours in St. Thomas.  Another company, Sunfari, was recommended to me, but they are booked up for our date.  It looks like Island Buddy may offer a similar tour.  Has anyone used them?  Do you recommend them?

TIA

Lorie

I just booked with them for March 2019. Will update :)  there are some videos on YouTube and the reviews on TripAdvisor are great

On 2/13/2019 at 12:17 PM, MermaidSRQ said:

I just booked with them for March 2019. Will update 🙂 there are some videos on YouTube and the reviews on TripAdvisor are great

I did see some of those videos!  It looks great, but I always wonder if it is as great in real life (maybe I'm a skeptic).  I would love the hear about your experience when you get back.  Have a fantastic trip!

13 hours ago, lorielucks said:

I did see some of those videos!  It looks great, but I always wonder if it is as great in real life (maybe I'm a skeptic).  I would love the hear about your experience when you get back.  Have a fantastic trip!

Will do :) I will say that thru Trip Advisor it said they were booked but when I went to their website the date I needed was available and they got back to me same day in response to my questions. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2019 at 12:17 PM, MermaidSRQ said:

I just booked with them for March 2019. Will update 🙂 there are some videos on YouTube and the reviews on TripAdvisor are great

Hey MermaidSRQ,

How was your trip?  I hope you had a great time!  I was wondering how things went with your Island Buddy tour?  If you have time, I would love to hear about your impressions.

Thanks in advance!

Lorie

40 minutes ago, lorielucks said:

Hey MermaidSRQ,

How was your trip?  I hope you had a great time!  I was wondering how things went with your Island Buddy tour?  If you have time, I would love to hear about your impressions.

Thanks in advance!

Lorie

Hi Lorie,

Island Buddies was absolutely fantastic!! We had a wonderful time.  Duncan was our driver and he was amazing. The beach they took us to was spectacular. We also did an easy hike which was really cool.  We let them know what we were interested in and they delivered. They know the schedules of the larger tours and were able to get us to some typically crowded spots at times they weren't too crowded. Absolutely top notch, professional experience from initial inquiry until they dropped us back off at port on time.  We will definitely book with them again.

Have a great trip :)

st thomas location off.jpg

Edited by MermaidSRQ
needed to turn off location info on photo
  • Thanks 1

The secluded beach I posted does require going off-road - 4-wheel drive absolutely required. It does get bumpy so if someone in your party has an aversion or injury to a very bumpy Jeep experience, let them know. I'm not sure if the secluded beaches are accessible without the authentic Jeep adventure :)  When we go again, going to ask to stop somewhere and pick-up a picnic lunch for the beach. Have a great trip!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...