Shorts not allowed anywhere except the buffet ?

We will go back to our rooms and switch in to nicer clothes.  Dresses for the girls, polos/khakis for the boys    Afterward we may switch back depending on what we are doing     I like to dress up because it makes it more of an experience vs going out to Chili’s.    However, I don’t really care what others wear as lIng as they aren’t loud and obnoxious 

10 hours ago, vinob said:
  • IMO (no doubt someone will put me right), I think that on cruises in the European region you will find lots of people in long pants and dresses in the evening due to cooler climate, however, can totally understand that on Caribbean cruises people want to wear shorts etc on an evening due to humidity, and yes I know MDR and restaurants are air-conditioned but there are lots of the evening activities take place on deck, so shorts make sense. I know the few times we have been to the Caribbean and the sunshine state of Florida we have been greatly affected by the humidity.

Took 4 12 nite Mediterranean cruises sail out of Barcelona, and the dress mode is as liberal as in the Carib.

I'm not sure which is most annoying--dress code thread or the one on gratuities.

Biker, where are you with the dead horse.:classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, RG306 said:

My hubby also got turned away from breakfast in the dining room for a sleeveless tee. It was actually annoying considering the other dress code violations that were allowed all week long. 

Lol- I just realized that I wore a tank top to lunch 4 times on my symphony cruise last week... all in the specialty restaurants... didn’t even think about a dress code for lunch!

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Lol- I just realized that I wore a tank top to lunch 4 times on my symphony cruise last week... all in the specialty restaurants... didn’t even think about a dress code for lunch!

And last week on the Symphony, wore shorts at lunch in Jamie's and Chops for dinner

Not a big deal.

We actually enjoy suiting up / putting on the pretty dress for dinner and the show. Feels like date night every night.

We are Xennials so it is not a generational thing that I am aware of.

Not sure I ever remember seeing people in shorts at dinner and don't think it would annoy us, we dress up for us.

Will see how it goes our next cruise as this time we are going big table. Might be super interesting to show up dressed up and being the odd couple at the table.

1 hour ago, Lowyfer said:

We actually enjoy suiting up / putting on the pretty dress for dinner and the show. Feels like date night every night.

We are Xennials so it is not a generational thing that I am aware of.

Not sure I ever remember seeing people in shorts at dinner and don't think it would annoy us, we dress up for us.

Will see how it goes our next cruise as this time we are going big table. Might be super interesting to show up dressed up and being the odd couple at the table.

You will be, if you really get fancy every night.  Try not to overdo it and wear a hat and white gloves--the old fashioned way.:classic_biggrin:   At least you are not putting down those Pax that do not follow the suggested code.

11 hours ago, Fishkillbill said:

I do know when Celebrity Summit has their "clothing optional" cruises every year, there are restrictions at dinner.

Do tell....when are these cruises?     Our first Celebrity cruise will be on Summit next February.

10 minutes ago, hallux said:

Not public ones anyway.  Seems they may charter and allow it during the charter though...

Yikes! I've got three Celebrity Summit cruises booked. I just told my wife we may be saving money on airline baggage fees. :classic_blush: There is a thread on the Celebrity forum about people wearing lanyards on cruises. Makes a lot more sense now. :classic_wink:  

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Celebrity doesn't have clothing optional cruises. 

Not only are they clothing optional they also have theme rooms. Use your imagination. No need to hang an upside down pineapple on those charters as  swinging is already implied.

Edited by Iamcruzin

8 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Do you have hairy armpits? Nothing worse than armpit hair in the food.....well, maybe one thing worse 😩