Greyhound bus

sullyd

Travelling in the reverse direction, we had ended our cruise, Montreal to Boston about 6 years ago, but here is our experience...….

The bus from South Station to Montreal's bus station ( located above the subway

station ), took 7-8 hours.

Considering the low cost, no hassles about airport lineups, and that you are transported directly to downtown Montreal with its great selection of  hotels is a  viable option to aircraft travel.

Enjoy your travels !   

2 hours ago, sullyd said:

Has anyone taken a greyhound hound bus from Boston to Montreal,for cruise to Boston on Zaandam? 

I researched it once, and decided it take more out of me than a flight from Boston to Montreal. Even subtracting getting to Boston in the first place, it still left too many hours on a very long ride.
Just as easily I headed to Logan, had a very short---and comfortable!---flight, and was in Montreal and in my hotel before I knew it.

MUCH easier on the old body.

In 2016, we took a cruise from Montreal to Boston, and then a Greyhound bus from Boston back to Montreal. The bus ride was comfortable and relaxing. It was never full. My wife and I seated separately, and we never had any other passengers sharing the seat with us. When we cross the Vermont-Quebec border, there were about 10 passengers, and half of them were from the HAL cruise. My wife and I decided if we were to do the Montreal to Boston cruise again, we will take the bus back to Montreal again.

Alternate option - should you be averse to air travel, you can Mass Pike to a connection to Amtrak's Adirondack in Hudson or Albany NY and take the train up.  You end up right downtown at Gare Centrale beneath the beautifully updated Fairmont Queen Elizabeth. 

Sked detail here:  https://www.amtrak.com/content/dam/projects/dotcom/english/public/documents/timetables/Adirondack-Schedule-090418.pdf

Scott. 

• Like 1

The bus between Boston and Montreal is NOT full of "unsavory" characters as one poster implied. It is actually quite an upscale bus with wifi, comfortable seats, and usually very personable drivers.  I have not taken it all the way from Boston, but rather from Burlington, VT, where it stops on its way, and back from Montreal. My daughter has taken it also.  It's a long haul on the bus, but then again, quite pleasant, and a beautiful drive up through Vermont!! For the price, I think it could be a wonderful option.  I do it when I want to fly out of Montreal airport, and would not hesitate to take the bus for a cruise out of Montreal as well. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 1:22 PM, sullyd said:

Thanks for all the info , we are going with a one way rental . 

We did a similar post cruise one way rental, Quebec City to NYC. The drive wasn’t  bad at all. We drove home and returned the car the next morning all for one day rental. Hey, you may even want to see if someone wants to split the cost with you.