Cruise points (Royal Caribbean)

kgkong52

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

You may have slipped through  however that is the policy...

No, it is NOT.

Many people cruise with and without their linked partner.    And I have NEVER heard of unlinking by not cruising together.

Please show where this is any part of the terms and conditions of the program.

The points go to the person cruising, the level goes up based on the highest point total.   

12 hours ago, dkjretired said:

I explained it, your experience is otherwise, others have not had the same experience. 

You did NOT explain it, nor did you show us the policy that you claim exists.  I've been around Cruise Critic for a good long time, and I've NEVER seen anyone claim to get unlinked like you're claiming.

If I'm Diamond with 90 points and get married, my spouse would be at Diamond by linking our accounts together.  If we go on a week-long cruise together, and then I'm at 97 points and the spouse is at 7 points, and we are both Diamond through linking.

If I go on another week-long cruise without my spouse, my spouse would still be Diamond.  My points would go up to 104 (or 111 if I was solo) and my spouse's points would still be 7, but we would still both be Diamond because we would both still be linked.  

I think (?) what you may be trying to say is that my spouse's points wouldn't go up when I cruise by myself, but nobody is saying that it would.  We would remain linked until one of us told RCI to unlink us.  

If in the future I divorced the spouse in my example, and if the spouse was still at 7 points, they would not advance to Diamond Plus level until they earned 168 more points on their own to get to 175 points on their own merits -- the spouse doesn't get access to my POINT count, only to my LEVEL of membership.  

If you really think that going on a cruise without your spouse negates them being your linked spouse, you're completely off base.  But if you are really trying to say that going on a cruise without your spouse doesn't increase their number of points, that's correct -- but that would mean you're arguing about something that nobody here ever mentioned, because nobody is saying that a spouse gets points when you cruise -- only that they get access to your membership level.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

You did NOT explain it, nor did you show us the policy that you claim exists.  I've been around Cruise Critic for a good long time, and I've NEVER seen anyone claim to get unlinked like you're claiming.

If I'm Diamond with 90 points and get married, my spouse would be at Diamond by linking our accounts together.  If we go on a week-long cruise together, and then I'm at 97 points and the spouse is at 7 points, and we are both Diamond through linking.

If I go on another week-long cruise without my spouse, my spouse would still be Diamond.  My points would go up to 104 (or 111 if I was solo) and my spouse's points would still be 7, but we would still both be Diamond because we would both still be linked.  

I think (?) what you may be trying to say is that my spouse's points wouldn't go up when I cruise by myself, but nobody is saying that it would.  We would remain linked until one of us told RCI to unlink us.  

If in the future I divorced the spouse in my example, and if the spouse was still at 7 points, they would not advance to Diamond Plus level until they earned 168 more points on their own to get to 175 points on their own merits -- the spouse doesn't get access to my POINT count, only to my LEVEL of membership.  

If you really think that going on a cruise without your spouse negates them being your linked spouse, you're completely off base.  But if you are really trying to say that going on a cruise without your spouse doesn't increase their number of points, that's correct -- but that would mean you're arguing about something that nobody here ever mentioned, because nobody is saying that a spouse gets points when you cruise -- only that they get access to your membership level.

I am not off base, lets turn it around, you ask me to show you where it is written down.  It  is not written but then neither are many of the comments on this thread that you take for gospel.  They are just internal policy and what I mentioned is one of them.  Again, I base it on comments on the various board which have confirmed it.  My last comment on this. 

10 hours ago, dkjretired said:

I am not off base, lets turn it around, you ask me to show you where it is written down.  It  is not written but then neither are many of the comments on this thread that you take for gospel.  They are just internal policy and what I mentioned is one of them.  Again, I base it on comments on the various board which have confirmed it.  My last comment on this. 

Point to some of those comments that you say support your statement.

No one else here has seen OR EXPERIENCED this.