Epic Interrupted

Briji04

Hello,

I am currently on  the Epic. We are having mechanical problems and will not make our scheduled stops. Instead we are going to San Juan. That’s all we have been told at the moment. They will assess the situation and let us know. Just wanted to post in case anyone was following someone on board. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Briji04 said:

Everyone we’ve talked to seems perfectly happy to be going to San Juan. We’ve got food, booze and working toilets. Sail on.... 

Great attitudes will help make this bearable, and , Personally, I like San Juan. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to learn about this ... please post update as you could, OP.   If you can, please post your speed & heading, ETA to Old San Juan, a snapshot from ship's navigational channel would help, if it's active & updated. 

Ship was heading toward BVI (arriving tomorrow) on East Carib route ... not seeing recent AIS tracking data (was position, 46+ hours ago on a 122 deg heading at 17 knots)   When the Jewel/Gem class ship ran into issues with propulsion/steering, it headed for San Juan for inspection, parts & repairs, etc. President's Week coming up & probably a sold-out sailing or close to one ... yike !!  On the "bright" side, other systems on the ship still functioning and tug boats not needed for a tow to nearest facility, let's hope it's an easy & simple fix, and they got the spare parts on order (not always & sometimes, need to wait for it to be flown in)  Fingers crossed for everyone onboard. 

• Like 1

We are boarding Sat. for Western Caribbean on the Epic  (if she is back on time)

If there is trouble does anyone know where she would head for repairs on a Western Caribbean itinerary? 

I love San Juan but would be the wrong way😱

We were on the Jade the week following their propulsion issues where the previous week was cancelled and they flew passengers home.  Our cruise stayed in Miami for two days while the finished the repairs and then proceeded on course.  We were nervous and even while at sea wondered from time to time if everything would be ok but it was.

Good luck to you and I hope you get to continue on your journey soon.  

4 hours ago, Briji04 said:

Hello,

I am currently on  the Epic. We are having mechanical problems and will not make our scheduled stops. Instead we are going to San Juan. That’s all we have been told at the moment. They will assess the situation and let us know. Just wanted to post in case anyone was following someone on board. 

Did you hear the latest announcement?

The Atrium Bar was too noisy to hear it all. All I heard was arriving in San Juan at 5pm tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

What a bummer. We are supposed to depart Februray 23rd. Keep us posted 

I'm set to go on there as well, it's funny at work this afternoon the attitude was "it's only 12 days away, it's so close", now the attitude is "they have 12 days, unless the engines are completely irreparable it should be fine"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruz3r4life said:

I'm set to go on there as well, it's funny at work this afternoon the attitude was "it's only 12 days away, it's so close", now the attitude is "they have 12 days, unless the engines are completely irreparable it should be fine"

Fingers crossed for all of us.

We are supposed to dock at 5pm tomorrow and leave at 6pm on the 13th.

More to follow once we hear more.