Epic Interrupted

Briji04

1 minute ago, dsmichael127 said:

Getting tugged in to Nassau again this morning..  Not making me feel any better...

Yep... Just watching that on webcam.

Either there is a problem with propulsion or thrusters, or they simply don't trust the driver :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

I was on the previous cruise.  It was just starting to go around.  Not surprised.  That ship is dirty.  I never saw anyone wiping the handrails, elevators, etc. 

So because you didn't see it, it didn't happen?  Was the ship actually dirty, or did your lack of seeing cleaning/wiping going on mean that you "think" it was dirty.  All of your comments slam the Epic, so I'm hesitant to trust this latest comment.

2 hours ago, Balsam12 said:

Yep... Just watching that on webcam.

Either there is a problem with propulsion or thrusters, or they simply don't trust the driver :classic_biggrin:

I am on the ship now, and we had to be towed by a tug when we left PC.  They hooked a line to the stern and pull us back a few hundred feet so the ship could spin around.  I was watching with a group in the spa deck and several commented that they have been on this ship before and never saw that happen.  Could it be reverse thrust is not working?  Do we need a new tranny? 

I didn't see the docking in Nassau, but it seem like it took a lot longer than normal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dad son team said:

I am on the ship now, and we had to be towed by a tug when we left PC.  They hooked a line to the stern and pull us back a few hundred feet so the ship could spin around.  I was watching with a group in the spa deck and several commented that they have been on this ship before and never saw that happen.  Could it be reverse thrust is not working?  Do we need a new tranny? 

I didn't see the docking in Nassau, but it seem like it took a lot longer than normal.

I was watching as well. I agree slower than usual docking but I just thought they were being cautious and because of using two tugs one on the stern and one of the starboard side. Epic did not make a full turn in the basin there.  Some captures I took this morning off the https://www.portnassauwebcam.com

20190220_74745.jpg

20190220_75434.jpg

20190220_75949.jpg

20190220_80044.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mike_DeA said:

So because you didn't see it, it didn't happen?  Was the ship actually dirty, or did your lack of seeing cleaning/wiping going on mean that you "think" it was dirty.  All of your comments slam the Epic, so I'm hesitant to trust this latest comment.

I was on the 2/9-2/16 cruise. The ship was spotless in every public area we were in and the staff couldn’t have been more friendly And communicative. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Mike_DeA said:

Yes. It's pretty normal to see that on other lines. I call them as I see them. 

2 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

Counterpoint: I was on the Epic in late January, and absolutely saw those things.  My wife and I both felt like the Epic was extraordinarily clean.  

There are a lot of reasons one might dislike the Epic (it wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't avoid it either), but the level of cleanliness I saw certainly wouldn't be one.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

No, you called them as you DIDN"T see them, in this case.  Since others have chimed in that they did see a clean ship, I have to determine that your conclusion was an anomaly.

Edited by Mike_DeA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Phaedrus78 said:

Counterpoint: I was on the Epic in late January, and absolutely saw those things.  My wife and I both felt like the Epic was extraordinarily clean.  

There are a lot of reasons one might dislike the Epic (it wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't avoid it either), but the level of cleanliness I saw certainly wouldn't be one.  

My cabin handle, the head board, bathroom. All dirty. Ground in dirt on walls.  We obviously had different experiences. 

Screenshot_20190220-111939_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190220-112048_Gallery.jpg

20190123_151020.jpg

20190123_151113.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

My cabin handle, the head board, bathroom. All dirty. Ground in dirt on walls.  We obviously had different experiences. 

20190123_151020.jpg

20190123_151113.jpg

The dead equine is begging for relief at this point.  You seem to be the only one that wants to keep beating it.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

Apparently so.  It looks like you had a crappy room steward.  That's unfortunate.

I'm not sure how that translates to the overall state of the public areas on the ship, but enjoy your vendetta.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

I was on the previous cruise.  It was just starting to go around.  Not surprised.  That ship is dirty.  I never saw anyone wiping the handrails, elevators, etc. 

Give it up man. You’ve already made all these complaints in your review thread. No need to debate them again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

The dead equine is begging for relief at this point.  You seem to be the only one that wants to keep beating it.  

2 minutes ago, Phaedrus78 said:

Apparently so.  It looks like you had a crappy room steward.  That's unfortunate.

I'm not sure how that translates to the overall state of the public areas on the ship, but enjoy your vendetta.

Funny. People call the guy out and basically accuse him of lying. He provides some proof through pics and gets ripped for that. This site is a trip man.

• Thanks 1

Just now, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Am I the only one who noticed that the card in the slot is not a regular passenger card?

It doesn't matter.  All you need is something to depress the switch so the lights come on, that's not a mag or RFID reader..

4 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Am I the only one who noticed that the card in the slot is not a regular passenger card?

I never put my passenger card in there...i put an old business card in there and leave it there for the week....Nothing unusual about that.  I think probably 90+% of the cruisers do that. You actually use your Sailaway card?  THAT is what is unusual...Lol

• Like 3

Just now, Cruising Chuck said:

I never put my passenger card in there...i put an old business card in there and leave it there for the week....Nothing unusual about that.  I think probably 90+% of the cruisers do that. You actually use your Sailaway card?  THAT is what is unusual...Lol

Hah.  I honestly didn't know it worked with anything else.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

20190123_151020.jpg

20190123_151113.jpg

You are using and illegal card to power your cabin lights, AC etc.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Hah.  I honestly didn't know it worked with anything else.

I just use an old hotel card...most anything will work...I must say, those pics don't see all that outrageous to me, I assume he pointed them out to him room steward.  He has certainly taken this thread off the rails with his vendetta.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

I am currently In Nassau on the Anthem of the Seas. The Epic is docked next to us. I watched the Epic sail in using tugs. FWIW the Enchantment of the Seas also used tugs. The Anthem and Norwegian Sky did not. I took a look at the dent. It is nothing worse than a small push in dent you would have on your car. I will take a picture and try to post later. Finally regarding the Escape, they will not be able to dock until the 1st ship leaves, most likely Mariner of the Seas. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hallux said:

It doesn't matter.  All you need is something to depress the switch so the lights come on, that's not a mag or RFID reader..

On NCL, pretty much any card will work. On some newer ships with RFID, any RFID card will work such as a work ID. You can usually get a dummy card from a staff member (steward, concierge, etc.) in any case.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

8 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

That was leftover from the  previous occupants, too. Thanks for noticing. 

I had a plain white one like that in my cabin on the Jewel in November, I thought the cabin steward had left it there, I thought he would take it back on day 2 but it was there all week.

• Like 1