UBP perk for 1st in cabin, soda package for 2nd?

JustAllie

Hi all - 

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before, but my search efforts came up empty. 

Some friends of mine have booked a cabin with the "Take all 6" perk.  One person would like to take the full beverage package perk, but the 2nd person feels safer downgrading to the soda package and maybe buying a few alcoholic drinks here and there.  But the 2nd person doesn't want to be tempted by the full package.  

Is this something that can be arranged with NCL?  Do they need a doctor's note or something for the 2nd person to decline the alcohol package?  

Assuming the second person is over 21, the rule says that they both have to have the same package. My thought is if you get a MD note they might allow the second person to get the soda package, but what if they flag that person's card and they can't purchase alcohol at all? Tough decision. I would call NCL and discuss it with them.

13 minutes ago, erdoran said:

Person 2 can get soda even with the UBP, they are not required to get booze...

Person 2 may be trying to avoid paying the service charge on the full package and would rather pay the service charge on the soda program. Less money for NCL leads me to believe that it will not happen....

39 minutes ago, JustAllie said:

Thanks for the input!  It does sound like a discussion with NCL is in order.  I think I'll have to go through our travel agent, since NCL never wants to talk to us directly. Ah well.  

It's not that NCL doesn't want to talk to you directly...... your TA is the one who owns the reservation thus is the one who has the authority to talk to NCL on your behalf. 

If you pretend you don't have a reservation and are just inquiring about a promo then NCL will talk to you all day long. 

I had a similar question as my husband is a recovering alcoholic and we did not want to pay the fee for the UBP just for soda  as he obviously does not drink. I drink very lightly but enjoy so during the cruise. My TA said that I would have to talk with Norwegian about it and I thought to myself good luck, so he will buy some sodas and I will get a couple of drinks, no way will it add up to the fees for me. Plus I get sparkling wine for plat, for a suite and wine at Cagneys perk all to myself, lol