I can't wait! First cruise ever & I'm going solo.

cheezfrys

Hi everybody.  First I'd like to say this site has been SO helpful in planning my first ever cruise.  I'll be sailing on Carnival Sensation in May 2019.  I've seen lots of comments about it being an older ship with dated decor.  Lemme tell you...... I don't care.  The best part of booking a smaller (and older) ship is that I have nothing to compare it to, so ignorance is bliss in this case.  I've watched videos, read countless tips/stories, and I am so very excited.

First I was worried about dining since I am solo, but it seems like it won't be an issue and I've also learned one will not be lonely if they are open to meeting people.  No question from me, I just wanted to say hello after lurking for two months.

• Like 1

I haven't cruised on the Sensation but I have cruised on the Fantasy.  It was old but pretty well maintained and clean.

With the attitude you seem to have, you should have a great time.  I usually don't speak first to others but even I find people to talk to on cruises.

Hope you have a blast.

Sensation was my first cruise too!  And I travel solo also.

Here is my review,  I told you where you will find the adult area...  In my first review, I said I would probably not do Carnival again.. I have changed my mind,  I have been on a 2nd carnival and have 2 more booked.   

• 1 month later...

Hi cheezfrys - our (my hubs & me) first cruise was on the Sensation back in 2015.  We had so much fun, and knew that we wanted to keep cruising.  Since we had nothing else to compare it to, despite all of the research I did prior to the cruise (on Cruise Critic, and other sites online), we went into the cruise with completely unbiased and fresh eyes.  While the decor was definitely dated, that didn't matter one bit to us.  We were on VACATION!  We did as much and as little as we wanted, and truly made it our vacation.  There really is something for everyone, and you'll have no problem meeting other people.  Definitely join the roll call for your cruise so that you can start conversing with others beforehand.

We've been on one other cruise since then (on the Miracle), and we're booked on another cruise this May on the Sensation.  When we booked it, we were looking at dates & ports, and didn't see which ship until after.  We're sailing May 30th.  When are you sailing?

Hi,  You will have a great time on your cruise!  As for dinner dining,Carnival does a very good job of putting singles together at a table for fixed dining.  If there are enough singles,there might be a younger singles table and an older table.  Have fun!  Kendra

On 2/12/2019 at 12:08 AM, cheezfrys said:

First I was worried about dining since I am solo, but it seems like it won't be an issue and I've also learned one will not be lonely if they are open to meeting people.  

And the best place for a solo cruiser to meet new people is by sitting at the bar.  If you choose to patronize one particular lounge, you may find the some of the same people do as well--becomes even easier to start a conversation with a "familiar face".  Also, the bartenders will come to recognize you and most of them are very interesting men and women with whom to talk.

You will have a great cruise, I have no doubt!

On 3/14/2019 at 6:58 PM, CFhoneybee said:

Hi cheezfrys - our (my hubs & me) first cruise was on the Sensation back in 2015.  We had so much fun, and knew that we wanted to keep cruising.  Since we had nothing else to compare it to, despite all of the research I did prior to the cruise (on Cruise Critic, and other sites online), we went into the cruise with completely unbiased and fresh eyes.  While the decor was definitely dated, that didn't matter one bit to us.  We were on VACATION!  We did as much and as little as we wanted, and truly made it our vacation.  There really is something for everyone, and you'll have no problem meeting other people.  Definitely join the roll call for your cruise so that you can start conversing with others beforehand.

We've been on one other cruise since then (on the Miracle), and we're booked on another cruise this May on the Sensation.  When we booked it, we were looking at dates & ports, and didn't see which ship until after.  We're sailing May 30th.  When are you sailing?

I'm sailing 5/2-5/6 to Key West and Cozumel.