To Cruzan and back

CoasterJoe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 11:40 AM, CoasterJoe said:

What is the best way to get to the cruzan distillery and back to the port? Are there "island tours" offered at the port that will take you there and some other places?

We hired a taxi driver to take 4 of us to the Cruzan Distillery and then to Leatherback Brewery.  Cost us $30 pp and he stayed with us for the duration (about 3.5 hours).  Worked out well as it poured most of the day that we were in port.  

• 3 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:21 AM, MandiesPharm said:

We hired a taxi driver to take 4 of us to the Cruzan Distillery and then to Leatherback Brewery.  Cost us $30 pp and he stayed with us for the duration (about 3.5 hours).  Worked out well as it poured most of the day that we were in port.  

Hello Mandies,   looking to do something similar  and go to Leatherback Brewing Company.  Just have a few questions, as we usually stick to the Ship tours,  #1 are all the taxi's from a reputable company ?   Did you pay the whole cost up front or do like a half at the start and half at the end ?  

On 7/14/2019 at 9:49 PM, Scottd501 said:

Hello Mandies,   looking to do something similar  and go to Leatherback Brewing Company.  Just have a few questions, as we usually stick to the Ship tours,  #1 are all the taxi's from a reputable company ?   Did you pay the whole cost up front or do like a half at the start and half at the end ?  

I think we paid him up front.  The taxis are sanctioned (I think that’s what I want to say) and run by the government I think.   When you leave the ship there is an area where you say you need a taxi and they get you into one. Our guy was very nice.  Stuck with us all day.  We did find it was significantly cheaper to do it this way than via an excursion through the ship.  

• Thanks 1