Cruise Critic Community
CruiseFamilyx1215

Carnival WiFi and Apple Watch

If I get a WiFi plan from Carnival, can I sync my Apple Watch activity this way?  Each WiFi plan has limitations (social media, news, travel sites, etc.) on what will actually work on their WiFi and I would hate to pay for one and then all of my steps and workouts wouldn't transfer over!  Does this make sense?

Apple Watch syncs with iPhone using Bluetooth, not WiFi. If you have a watch with cellular service it will get it's data from your mobile phone provider without an iPhone. As far as I know all your workout data links with the phone, so even WiFi is not needed at all for the phone. I would not want to use any kind of cellular for data service on a cruise ship as it is so expensive. I always turn off cellular data service on the phone at sea and rely only on WiFi. On my last cruise, I got the usual sort of ships's WiFi service on my phone, and my Apple Watch was getting all the usual data and information from the phone with no problems. 

Simply put the watch in airplane mode if it’s a cellular connected watch and pair it up via Bluetooth. No biggie