Pompeii Sightseeing Shuttle?

Cruising-along

Just emailed Pompei Sightseeing.   Rome is our final port.  We are looking for one way transport to Pompei but are having challenges because we will have our luggage with us (2 suitcases total).   Hopefully we will be able to find a company that's willing to drop us off in Pompei with our luggage.

I know the train is an option - but would really prefer to be picked up at the port and taken directly to Pompei.    We will then take the train to Sorrento and our hotel in the afternoon after exploring the site.  From what I've read - there is a place to pay for luggage storage at Pompei.

Wish me luck - I have looked at private transportation but it's too expensive.  I'll take the train if I can't find a shuttle or bus of some kind.   Open to suggestions.   

10 hours ago, Cb2534 said:

Rome is our final port.  We are looking for one way transport to Pompei but are having challenges because we will have our luggage with us (2 suitcases total).   

You are not going to find scheduled service from Civitavecchia (the port for Rome) to Pompei, which is more than 300 km (about 200 miles) away.  Your only realistic options are private transfer (car service), rental car, or train.  A taxi would be prohibitively expensive as you'd pay double the metered fare for an out of town trip.

The train would require the shuttle bus from the ship to the port exit, followed by either a one mile walk to the train station or a 2 euro bus ride, then a train to Naples (all but one train each morning will require a change of trains at Termini) and a change at Naples to the local Circumvesuviana train to Pompei.  There is luggage storage at the Circumvesvuiana Pompei Scavi station.

10 hours ago, Cb2534 said:

Just emailed Pompei Sightseeing.   Rome is our final port.  We are looking for one way transport to Pompei but are having challenges because we will have our luggage with us (2 suitcases total).   Hopefully we will be able to find a company that's willing to drop us off in Pompei with our luggage.

I know the train is an option - but would really prefer to be picked up at the port and taken directly to Pompei.    We will then take the train to Sorrento and our hotel in the afternoon after exploring the site.  From what I've read - there is a place to pay for luggage storage at Pompei.

Wish me luck - I have looked at private transportation but it's too expensive.  I'll take the train if I can't find a shuttle or bus of some kind.   Open to suggestions.   

We were surprised at how easy the train transfers were.

We caught the train from Rome to the port. They left every 20 mins and had large luggage compartments.

The trains in Italy are so easy...In July we travelled from Milan to Florence and then down to Venice and it was very easy and quick to do. I'd definitely go down that route...with a bit of planning, it should be quite easy