Royal Tots Program

tbrownharr

Hi CC. Hoping someone can clarify the babysitting services available on Oasis and/or offer suggestions. I will be traveling with grandchildren aged 13mo and 2 1/2 years old. I understand they have 45 min free sessions when attended by an adult however seem to get conflicting information re: babysitting in nursery (for a fee) and times. Thanks in advance to any assistance and suggestions provided 😀

As soon as you board go to their open house to sign up usually it's from 1:00pm-3:45pm the first day.

There you will be able to sign up for day/night/times you want...additional times will be allocated based on how many tots onboard that sign up. Times will vary but usually they are open from 9:00am to midnight...The staff in the nursery will give you all the info for your specific itinerary. The fee is $6.00 per child till 5:00pm and then $8.00 per child after that until midnight. 

Remember to get you loaner bag of toys to use in your cabin while onboard.

We have used the RB&T Nursery for our grandchildren and it's an amazing option with a wonderful professional staff. 

Enjoy traveling with your little's...we always do.

Edited by Ashland

53 minutes ago, tbrownharr said:

Thank you Ashland. I appreciate your feedback. Look forward to having the Grands with me. 😁

You're very welcome...We love cruising with our whole extended family and try to take them all at least once a year with us.

• 1 month later...

I have a follow up question! We are taking our kids on their first cruise, and our youngest is 2, so he will be in the Royal Tots room. We will probably only use the nursery during dinner once or twice (although if it goes well, maybe thrice, haha!), and I’m just curious how the kids’ dinners go. Do they show you a room service menu or something? Or a list of foods in the buffet that night that you can choose from? Thankfully he is NOT picky, so I’m sure he will eat whatever I pick out, just curious about how that part works. My older son has a shellfish allergy, which I will talk to the Staff about, but we are going to do the My Family Time dining, so he shouldn’t be eating in Adventure Ocean, anyway. I plan on stopping by the kids area first thing when we board! 😊

12 hours ago, klmxt4 said:

I have a follow up question! We are taking our kids on their first cruise, and our youngest is 2, so he will be in the Royal Tots room. We will probably only use the nursery during dinner once or twice (although if it goes well, maybe thrice, haha!), and I’m just curious how the kids’ dinners go. Do they show you a room service menu or something? Or a list of foods in the buffet that night that you can choose from? Thankfully he is NOT picky, so I’m sure he will eat whatever I pick out, just curious about how that part works. My older son has a shellfish allergy, which I will talk to the Staff about, but we are going to do the My Family Time dining, so he shouldn’t be eating in Adventure Ocean, anyway. I plan on stopping by the kids area first thing when we board! 😊

For the nursery, depends on the ship/kid counts. Some ships (usually the busy ones who will def have kids for dinner) have a different order pre-put in every day usually including, chicken, mashed potatoes, veggies, fries, pizza, pasta, salad, yogurt, cookies, and then things that change every day like chicken tenders, hot dogs, quesadillas, and they'll ask what you want from that. 

Other ships (the quieter ones who may or may not get kids for dinner) will ask what you want/ give you a few options and order it once your kids there. 

The food comes from room service because it has to be on a time control plan, meaning it can only be out for a certain time and then it cannot be served to kids (another reason why they ask for pre packaged snacks and formula to not be ready mixed), so also check with the nursery as to when the food will be there as that can vary a little ship to ship too...

9 hours ago, GarlicBread said:

For the nursery, depends on the ship/kid counts. Some ships (usually the busy ones who will def have kids for dinner) have a different order pre-put in every day usually including, chicken, mashed potatoes, veggies, fries, pizza, pasta, salad, yogurt, cookies, and then things that change every day like chicken tenders, hot dogs, quesadillas, and they'll ask what you want from that. 

Other ships (the quieter ones who may or may not get kids for dinner) will ask what you want/ give you a few options and order it once your kids there. 

The food comes from room service because it has to be on a time control plan, meaning it can only be out for a certain time and then it cannot be served to kids (another reason why they ask for pre packaged snacks and formula to not be ready mixed), so also check with the nursery as to when the food will be there as that can vary a little ship to ship too...

Thank you! That's helpful! I'm really curious to see how busy this nursery will be--it's a larger ship (Navigator), but it's in May before schools are out, so maybe less families. We will find out shortly!

Thanks for the info--we are very excited! 😁

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 8:32 PM, ldubs said:

My kids are all grown and out on their own.  Nonetheless, this is really good to know about this.  It is nice to see that this service is available for parents.  Thx.   

Agreed, as my oldest heads down the aisle late summer I expect I may need to know this info in the next 5 or so years!

On 4/7/2019 at 12:56 PM, klmxt4 said:

The nursery has a variety of things to choose from.  The typical chicken fingers, fries, pizza, fruit, veggies, yogurt, mashed potatoes, etc.  

AO only has cheese or pepperoni pizza and fries.  There is no other option.  This is on every ship we have been on and we have been on over half the fleet, so sadly the AO crowd gets a much more limited menu that the nursery and toddlers.  They go to the Windjammer as a group and eat there.  Kids dinner is on pretty much every night but the first on the Oasis class ships,  and is about the half the time or a little more on the smaller ships.  It varies from ship to ship and based on itinerary.  They once told me it is on formal nights and port days,  but I have found that info to be incorrect.  They always have it on formal night.

1 hour ago, rimmit said:

The nursery has a variety of things to choose from.  The typical chicken fingers, fries, pizza, fruit, veggies, yogurt, mashed potatoes, etc.  

AO only has cheese or pepperoni pizza and fries.  There is no other option.  This is on every ship we have been on and we have been on over half the fleet, so sadly the AO crowd gets a much more limited menu that the nursery and toddlers.  They go to the Windjammer as a group and eat there.  Kids dinner is on pretty much every night but the first on the Oasis class ships,  and is about the half the time or a little more on the smaller ships.  It varies from ship to ship and based on itinerary.  They once told me it is on formal nights and port days,  but I have found that info to be incorrect.  They always have it on formal night.

Port days if all aboard comes after kids dinner time (5pm). Mainly because if parents are off the ship, what are you going to do with the kids checked into AO when they close at 5. All aboard 5 or earlier, then there may of may not be kids dinner (at least all the ships I've been on)...

46 minutes ago, GarlicBread said:

Port days if all aboard comes after kids dinner time (5pm). Mainly because if parents are off the ship, what are you going to do with the kids checked into AO when they close at 5. All aboard 5 or earlier, then there may of may not be kids dinner (at least all the ships I've been on)…

I don't know if it's a new feature or not, but we were told about a program called My Family Time Dining. This is for if you're eating in the main dining room. You have to have a 5:30 dining time, and basically they rush the kids' food out first so they can eat, and then once they're done (I think around 6:00?), the AO staff (not the nursery), will meet the kids at the dining room entrance and take them up to AO to play while you finish the rest of your meal. We are traveling with friends and their kids, so all but our 2 year old can do this, and we're all happy with the idea! Hopefully it works smoothly!

6 minutes ago, klmxt4 said:

I don't know if it's a new feature or not, but we were told about a program called My Family Time Dining. This is for if you're eating in the main dining room. You have to have a 5:30 dining time, and basically they rush the kids' food out first so they can eat, and then once they're done (I think around 6:00?), the AO staff (not the nursery), will meet the kids at the dining room entrance and take them up to AO to play while you finish the rest of your meal. We are traveling with friends and their kids, so all but our 2 year old can do this, and we're all happy with the idea! Hopefully it works smoothly!

Yes.  They have been doing this for at least the last 8 years or so.   For a sailing with a 6:00pm main dinner you meet them at about 6:40-6:50 at the entrance and drop your kids off there.  Just make sure you tell your waiter so they can bring the food quicke

On 4/8/2019 at 8:10 AM, ShillyShally said:

Agreed, as my oldest heads down the aisle late summer I expect I may need to know this info in the next 5 or so years!

Congrats!  Our daughter's wedding happened two weeks ago.  

2 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Congrats!  Our daughter's wedding happened two weeks ago.  

Thank you! Congrats to you too!

I'm hoping once it's over the feeling of constantly hemorrhaging money ends too right? 🙂  That we may have money again soon for vacations 🙂

16 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Thank you! Congrats to you too!

I'm hoping once it's over the feeling of constantly hemorrhaging money ends too right? 🙂  That we may have money again soon for vacations 🙂

You know, I didn't have a big role in the set up other than showing up and doing as I was told.  I have to admit the planning is a heck of a lot of work.  And the $$ always seems incredible.  Who would think flowers, photographers, videographers, make-up/hair would add up like that!  This is our third child married.  You would think I would be used to it.   In reality, Mrs Ldubs does a good job "insulating" me from details I'm better off not knowing.  Haha

3 minutes ago, ldubs said:

You know, I didn't have a big role in the set up other than showing up and doing as I was told.  I have to admit the planning is a heck of a lot of work.  And the $$ always seems incredible.  Who would think flowers, photographers, videographers, make-up/hair would add up like that!  This is our third child married.  You would think I would be used to it.   In reality, Mrs Ldubs does a good job "insulating" me from details I'm better off not knowing.  Haha

LOL, this is 1 of 3 to get married.  Thankfully, at this point, the younger 2 are less likely to want pomp and circumstance if/when they head down the aisle!  But since younger 2 are not on their own completely I'm on the hook for their attire and transport too.

Thankfully though the must haves are starting to turn into "eh, if we do we do" as it gets closer and they realize regular life doesn't stop so you can plan away 🙂

• 3 months later...

Hours can vary widely.  The oasis class ships are open pretty much continuously, while the Grandeur is only open in the AM and the evening.   On port days it is open whenever you need it to be if you are going on an excursion.

8 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Hi,

Do the nursery hours vary from ship to ship? Also, what are the hours during port days? I am particularly interested in Serenade when she returns to Florida this fall. Any info is greatly appreciated.

This thread is helpful as I have been trying to hunt down this info. We are on brilliance this winter with my (will be) 2 and 4 year old. We booked ai independent scuba excursion and I'm hoping to leave the kids on AO and royal tots and I have been trying to find out if it will be open. 

The nursery and adventure ocean are open the entire time the ship is in port If the nursery is not open yet, when you need to leave for your excursion, you can request it to open.

18 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Hi,

Do the nursery hours vary from ship to ship? Also, what are the hours during port days? I am particularly interested in Serenade when she returns to Florida this fall. Any info is greatly appreciated.

For smaller ships, nursery is often only open on a port day if there is a booking, otherwise its open play all day and no one is scheduled to work there.

Some ships will only let you book for a port day if you have an excursion through RC. 

Bigger ships that have a separate space for their open play will be open all day and you can pre book or just walk in of there is space. 

So, I meant to post here again right after our trip, but it’s been a couple of months. We used Royal Babies and Tots on the Navigator of the Seas in May and had a great experience! Our 2 year old was being very clingy, and so we only really used them one night, but they were great! The first night onboard we stopped by and checked out a big bag of toys. We got to look through a catalog and my son could point to the toy bag he wanted! Too cute! (Just make sure you don’t lose or break them, because they have some crazy steep replacement fees!) The first night we attempted to use the nursery, my son wouldn’t settle down, and they called the deck phone they gave me to see if we wanted to pick him up. I gave them some suggestions and they tried them, but eventually I ended up picking him up. They were very patient and kind and didn’t even charge us for that night, despite him being in the nursery about an hour. The second try went better and he settled down. They gave us a list of food options for him, and there were plenty of foods he likes. It was all basic “kid” foods, from the regular Windjammer menu.

Also, I like their booking system—I was worried they wouldn’t have the openings we wanted, but they were able to book all the time slots we wanted. (We had another evening booked, but ended up canceling midday because we stayed on CocoCay literally until the last minute possible! 😂)

8 minutes ago, klmxt4 said:

So, I meant to post here again right after our trip, but it’s been a couple of months. We used Royal Babies and Tots on the Navigator of the Seas in May and had a great experience! Our 2 year old was being very clingy, and so we only really used them one night, but they were great! The first night onboard we stopped by and checked out a big bag of toys. We got to look through a catalog and my son could point to the toy bag he wanted! Too cute! (Just make sure you don’t lose or break them, because they have some crazy steep replacement fees!) The first night we attempted to use the nursery, my son wouldn’t settle down, and they called the deck phone they gave me to see if we wanted to pick him up. I gave them some suggestions and they tried them, but eventually I ended up picking him up. They were very patient and kind and didn’t even charge us for that night, despite him being in the nursery about an hour. The second try went better and he settled down. They gave us a list of food options for him, and there were plenty of foods he likes. It was all basic “kid” foods, from the regular Windjammer menu.

Also, I like their booking system—I was worried they wouldn’t have the openings we wanted, but they were able to book all the time slots we wanted. (We had another evening booked, but ended up canceling midday because we stayed on CocoCay literally until the last minute possible! 😂)

Thanks so much for sharing this info! We are also going on the Navigator with our 2 year old in September so I’ve been trying to read everything I can to help plan. Do you remember if there were times during the day available to bring them to the nursery? We aren’t planning on getting off the ship in Nassau and it might be nice to have an hour or two to just relax by the pool kid-free 🙂

Also, how does it work for bringing them there at night and bedtime? Do they put them in something to sleep or what are the sleeping arrangements like? I can’t imagine my daughter sleeping anywhere that’s not dark and with her sound machine lol Thanks for your help! 

51 minutes ago, NewlyMrs.Kilday said:

Thanks so much for sharing this info! We are also going on the Navigator with our 2 year old in September so I’ve been trying to read everything I can to help plan. Do you remember if there were times during the day available to bring them to the nursery? We aren’t planning on getting off the ship in Nassau and it might be nice to have an hour or two to just relax by the pool kid-free 🙂

Also, how does it work for bringing them there at night and bedtime? Do they put them in something to sleep or what are the sleeping arrangements like? I can’t imagine my daughter sleeping anywhere that’s not dark and with her sound machine lol Thanks for your help! 

I believe there are hours all throughout the day, but I don’t remember what time they open, and we only used them during dinner time... sorry! As far as bedtime, you just pack anything she would need (jammies, toothbrush,  blanket, etc), and they have a little crib area. I would imagine they darken the room at some point. We picked our son up before bedtime, so he never got to sleep there, but I know a lot of other people did, so they probably have a good routine for it (sound machines or music maybe).

I hope it goes well! We LOVED the Navigator!