AA business class seating

TSUmom

We have booked Business class for our flight from DFW to FCO.  We will be flying on a 772 which from what I can tell is a 777-200 with just business, premium economy and economy.

My question is which seats are couple friendly?  It appears that every other row faces backwards.  Right now we are booked in 3 and 4A because we would like a window.  Will it be possible to see and speak to each other without getting out of our seats?  I know this is probably a silly question to some but I do like to talk to my husband while travelling.  He might enjoy the fact that I can't.  Thank you for any input.

28 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

Thank you - A window seat on an overnight flight is probably not needed.  

It isn't. But frankly, being next to someone on an overnight flight usually isn't needed either. I have done both and it didn't really matter...if my wife and I are watching TV/movies with our headphones on and then trying to sleep, being next to each other doesn't make too much of a difference. Looking out the window coming down over the Med in to Italy is a nice view usually, so having a window seat could be nice.

15 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

It isn't. But frankly, being next to someone on an overnight flight usually isn't needed either. I have done both and it didn't really matter...if my wife and I are watching TV/movies with our headphones on and then trying to sleep, being next to each other doesn't make too much of a difference. Looking out the window coming down over the Med in to Italy is a nice view usually, so having a window seat could be nice.

We have decided to just stay where we are.  I like the idea of looking out the window when landing and as you stated overnight we won't be talking much anyway.  My DH actually smiled at the idea of my not being able to "chat" during the flight. 

1 hour ago, TSUmom said:

We have decided to just stay where we are.  I like the idea of looking out the window when landing and as you stated overnight we won't be talking much anyway.  My DH actually smiled at the idea of my not being able to "chat" during the flight. 

You'll be together the whole trip, one 8-10 hour flight won't make a difference 🙂

2 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

You'll be together the whole trip, one 8-10 hour flight won't make a difference 🙂

And as each of you inevitably gets up to use the lavatory or stretch your legs, you can stop at the other's seat for a moment if you think of something you want to ask or say to each other.

15 minutes ago, waterbug123 said:

And as each of you inevitably gets up to use the lavatory or stretch your legs, you can stop at the other's seat for a moment if you think of something you want to ask or say to each other.

You know what I really enjoy? Airlines that have the first class suites where you can dine together. It's a perfect solution - you each get your own private suite, but you can have a meal together at a table should you want. Obviously, a difference between F and J (and even then, it's fairly rare in F)...but it's such a great solution.