Carnival Legend sailing into cyclone Oma

We are booked for this Saturday 16th aboard the Legend , I have just discovered that tropical cyclone "Oma" is right over Vanuatu and then set to slam into New Caledonia, and then hang around the area for about ten days, the Legend will be sailing right into this damn cyclone, so I am very seriously considering cancelling our cruise , I've sailed in 6 metre seas and was very unwell , who knows what this damn cyclone will throw up.

We are booked on Sea Princess for Sunday Feb 24 departing Brisbane for New Zealand.
I'm a bit concerned but there is a lot of $$$ tied up in ship and public relations so I'm sure they will take steps to avoid too much nastiness. Its taken us 5 years to save for this trip so I hope the cyclone "bugs off"

On 2/17/2019 at 4:44 PM, HK Crazee said:

We are booked on Sea Princess for Sunday Feb 24 departing Brisbane for New Zealand.
I'm a bit concerned but there is a lot of $$$ tied up in ship and public relations so I'm sure they will take steps to avoid too much nastiness. Its taken us 5 years to save for this trip so I hope the cyclone "bugs off"

Just make sure you have motion sick meds,you’ll be fine.

We were on the Sea until 14 th this month,,,The cruise director Matt was fantastic as were the rest of the entertainment crew,

Enjoy.

Cheers Carole 

We were on the Royal Legend of the Seas 2 years ago yesterday. Cyclone Winston hit Vanuatu did an unheard of uturn and went back and hit it again. We were advised of the cyclone when we left and told they were keeping an eye on it. We made it to noumea ok. Photo at start of day the 3 of us smiling and bright sunny skies. At the end of the day dark skies and me lookig fake scared. As we left i was like mmm were going pretty fast. Yep. We were running away from the cyclone.  Captain announced Mystery island the next day was cancelled as it was under water. And Pt  Vila the day after as well as it had been hit and about to be again. We went  further north to champagne bay. Showed us a map on the screens of where the cyclone was compared to us and we were heading to this tiny patch that "shouldn't" be effected. 

Heaps of people on the cruise were complaining. I'm got a bit snarky with a few and was like umm hello we are avoiding a cyclone. I prefer not to die on holiday. As soon as I got internet I googled the cyclone only to find out that 44 people did die on the islands.

So yeah it's not an ideal situation but they do their best to keep you safe and hey it could be worse