Live(ish) Millie HK to Singapore

Alushar

Day -3

At Heathrow in lounge making our way to Hong Kong for a couple of hotel days before boarding the refurbished Millie and so looking forward to it. 

Our first time on M class having sailed Eclipse and Silhoutte previously so won’t be able to identify changes but can’t wait to try her out.

First time in that part part of the world but long been in the dreams. The reason for going is a fascination since the age of 9 (50yrs ago!!!) with the jewellery box that Sharon was given for her birthday from uncle Gerard- he brought it back from his trip to Hong Kong (I think it was his first trip there as he was 21) - it’s a little battered but has been with her throughout all her nurses homes and still sits by our bed today - the ballerina is missing but it still plays every time it is opened so here we come today finally on our way to see it for ourselves! Alun

8D831104-9E0B-40A9-98E9-A486A33F0A21.jpeg

559562E8-EB00-4306-8A67-383960C5EA23.jpeg

47F7D1AA-04C0-4F93-94D0-2CE40F428762.jpeg

B9171262-9206-49C5-AF60-78FF62C7CCDD.jpeg

Edited by Alushar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, effinaround said:

Excellent! Looking forward to this as I have my eye on the Millie transpacific at end of April. Not sure if I'll be able to do it, but at least I can dream!

that cruise is on special at the moment and is only $2754 NZ.... shame wife & I don't have the finances otherwise we'd do it

but we are on Millennium in March 2021 Hong Kong to Tokyo

Day -2

Arrived in Hong Kong after the bumpiest 12 hour flight, or actually any flight I’ve ever taken. This made any sleep virtually impossible so most people getting off the plane looked as shattered as we felt. 

Everythng else went smoothly with a driver waiting and a smooth ride to The Langham. The Langham have been superb our bags were whisked away and we were welcomed 4 times before we reached the doors!

We had tea in the beautiful foyer coffee shop before quick recce of the room which we were very happy with including the Valentines gift of a bottle of wine. 

We wandered out as we had an appointment at the world famous Sams Tailors on Nathan Road. Again the fault if Uncle Gerard who has used Sams on his visits. A quick but thorough measurement was made but unfortunately staff holidays for the Chinese New Year meant the 24 hour suit was not available. They will however post it once made after a second fitting tomorrow. 

Hong Kong was busy colourful and vibrant but we were the walking dead by now so it’s off for some food then bed  before a full days sightseeing tomorrow. 

623D3755-FF18-4216-99E4-16567EB9033A.jpeg

1C9F88F0-0FAD-4CAC-90B3-DAC7989E3CF2.jpeg

282F17A7-1ED8-449A-9F95-23FDDFF8E2AD.jpeg

FCA0F484-3EF0-4346-8EB1-B4E1FD03C584.jpeg

C631451F-6D08-467B-8B71-B09EF650C0F1.jpeg

F7A66E54-9E0E-4AEE-8546-F146444B6FAE.jpeg

268F2500-A8FD-403D-AD58-5055AC4BF18A.jpeg

CFE13079-EF47-4EA2-A42E-F96A76F8508E.jpeg

F6722D47-56B8-4274-9760-6AE0C1178699.jpeg

Edited by Alushar

Following. Booked on the Summit post-Revolution so figure will be similar. Will be in SS next to PH. Expecting a teeny cabin and large, fancy bathroom compared to the corner aft Solstice class S1 that I'm used to now. Have sailed Millennium class but only in RS and PH -- DH spoiled me -- that's not in my solo budget now. Looking forward to Millennium class again. Loved Millie, Connie and Summit. 

Looks like you'll be posting lots of pictures. Woo hoo! 🥂

Hope you touch lucky with the right tailor and fitting at Sam's - first time was great, second time nothing fitted very well unfortunately.  Good price and good materials though.  I was very impressed with James Chen at the Mandarin Oriental, not cheap for a Super 120 suit but a lot cheaper than what you would pay in the UK .  Staying at the hotel made it very easy to go for several fittings.  Can't understand why but despite fluctuations in my weight 15 years on that suit still fits, looks and feels great.

Eighteen years ago I had two custom tailored made suits made in Bangkok.  They were timeless and I wore them to every important meeting and work event until I retired three ago.  When I gave away all my "work attire" I did not have the heart to let them go. I swear they look as good as they day I bought them.

My business now requires, at the best,  jeans and sweatshirt but who know ??? They are waiting in the wings 🙂.

ENJOY !!!!

19 hours ago, Alushar said:

A quick but thorough measurement was made but unfortunately staff holidays for the Chinese New Year meant the 24 hour suit was not available. They will however post it once made after a second fitting tomorrow. 

I hope you don’t need your new suit for your cruise!!

21 hours ago, DYKWIA said:

Hope you touch lucky with the right tailor and fitting at Sam's - first time was great, second time nothing fitted very well unfortunately.  Good price and good materials though.  I was very impressed with James Chen at the Mandarin Oriental, not cheap for a Super 120 suit but a lot cheaper than what you would pay in the UK .  Staying at the hotel made it very easy to go for several fittings.  Can't understand why but despite fluctuations in my weight 15 years on that suit still fits, looks and feels great.

Fingers crossed a bit concerned not there for final try on but they have been very professional so far