Live(ish) Millie HK to Singapore

Alushar

3 hours ago, Toronto Guy said:

Thank you so much again for taking the time to share the pics.  So what is your verdict on the refresh?  Thumbs up or down? 

Thumbs up without hesitation. It all feels fresh. The Ocean View, MDR and Rendevous are great. The room feels lighter and fresher and has much more storage it feels. 

As always there are a few things I’d have done different and a couple that are downright stupid but they are fairly minor 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Day 4 Taiwan

Early start as we had a trip booked so we had breakfast in the MDR. Very civilised and good food I had French omelette and Sharon eggs Benedict. 

Then off to the theatre to wait fir the bus bus and then off to Taipei. Our guide was Monica who was very enthusiastic, very disorganised, quite informative on current socio economic trends but a bit of a restricted view of Taiwan’s history. 

First stop wAs Taipei 101 a tower once tallest in the world, used to have the fastest elevator. There was a lot of standing around before we got to the viewing level floor89 which provided views of the urban sprawl. I wouldn’t want to land on a couple of the helipads though!

After a long unexplained wait we were late off to the next stop Lungshan Temple which was packed as it was the last day of the Chinese New Year. 

The usual stop for a shopping experience then half hen half an hour late back to the ship. We take ship tours when we don’t know the area as we have some mobility issues. This tour wasn’t great really and we may have to have a rethink in our strategy. 

Back to the ship for a couple of hours before heading out for the Pingxi Lantern Festival. We knew what we were getting into here a long drive, a walk, a massive crowd and a lot of standing however in the end it was all worth it. The sight of hundreds probably thousands of lanterns in the night sky was one of those moments that makes travelling worth while. 

Back to the boat we grabbed a late drink in Cellar Masters where a strong duo was playing. Wow just wow. These two girls, Sea Breeze were talented and beautiful and the violinist has the voice of an angel. I only hope they can’t cook lol

I'll finish on one of those moments. Sitting in the bus coming back from Taipei we had just discussed our fur baby back home as our sitter had sent a pick. I glanced over and there at the lights was a Bichon Frise on a scooter , in goggles, with an elderly Taiwanese couple. Day made! 

Sea day tomorrow 

FDD016D6-2684-459A-958C-6965D2D1D5E5.jpeg

B6BE94EC-955F-4938-8612-1C95492977EA.jpeg

BDB27FB1-3858-4249-9997-A7389177D71C.jpeg

A79871E9-623D-4135-B8FC-37B4D63F16D6.jpeg

50CF36D5-A498-4BA3-AA75-A078C76EE114.jpeg

110EA138-F405-4C6E-91C8-D9ADA9517191.jpeg

81862075-6865-4E0B-88F6-3CF41DE6E774.jpeg

40C86827-CBAA-4545-AEB0-A09215BBDAF6.jpeg

F377B731-CC89-424F-B9F2-F1D0B2138720.jpeg

F60B5AFB-C99C-4DE3-B81F-197D8D7791AC.jpeg

4D45CC62-1529-4CE2-B13B-96BE95AC0EF4.jpeg

• Like 4

On 2/16/2019 at 10:13 PM, Alushar said:

Rest day today and in Solarium though it’s overcast. Managed by fluke to find the Sauna which is still in the men’s changing room. I don’t know if it’s smaller etc 

I want to thank you so much for posting this. Looks like Celebrity did right by the renovations. Smaller than the original but I'm fine with that. Locker room looks great and looks to be about the size of S-Class locker rooms. I'm very curious as to what the reconfigured fitness room is like!

Thanks for all your hard work and wonderful pictures.    One quick question.    Do they still have a small table in the Retreat adjacent to the bard next to the rounded windows.   It is our favorite place to hang out in MC.

We're on the March 2 cruise right after you: Singapore to Hong Kong. We're even more excited after seeing your great info and pics! We haven't been following The Revolution and had no idea the ship would be looking so great. Thanks so much for sharing!

On 2/17/2019 at 8:42 PM, Want2Cruise 701 said:

I think as time goes on changes will occur in the future when the realization and feedback comes in on a number of issues.  Unfortunately it won't happen for cruisers booked on the sailings after the drydock.   

They took out the canopy above the balcony for the S1's 6145 and 6146 attached to the Penthouse.  No shade or privacy and we're booked in one March 30.  

And we're booked in the other.

On the other Millie Revolution thread someone posted that those cabins never had an awning, only the sister ships.

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for all your hard work and wonderful pictures.    One quick question.    Do they still have a small table in the Retreat adjacent to the bard next to the rounded windows.   It is our favorite place to hang out in MC.

Jim the round windows have gone I’m afraid and the table also. The who area has been redone. I’m sure you’ll find a new favourite spot!

868A2D6D-DCE6-4CEB-B4F8-81832B6A603E.jpeg

106A130B-0A94-4583-8EBA-44D1D3900BFD.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, printingchick said:

Adding my thanks and also asking about Qsine. Any idea whether it will remain the old style menu, convert to Le Petit Chef, or some combination of the two? 

Going to Qsine tomorrow night will check then 

• Like 2

Day 5 A Sea day 

Come to Asia it’ll be warm and sunny they said. We woke up to fog, zero visibility and it was cold so it was a stay in and do little day. We could have been in the English Channel, ok it was a little warmer!139303FD-2099-4E0C-B396-3F8645B56351.thumb.jpeg.aa6f2ffa028a132e0bcdb22aa58617bb.jpeg

After breakfast we wandered into a lecture about the Life of Bhudda which was very well presented. A lot of these lectures are worthwhile if you have time. 

We had lunch in the MDR which became fairly full but it was good to see it in daylight. A limited menu we both had the skewers to start then spag Bol and a hamburger nicely done. Followed by an afternoon of reading etc. 

A $10 Sale was going on and it was like a plague of locusts descended to us it was interesting to see the same items on sale that we bought 3 cruises ago lol. 

Late afternoon a pleasant coffee coffee in Cafe Bacio listening  to the string duo Sea Breeze. Very nice way to spend time. 

After we decided to have something stronger and wandered into Cellar Masters which is quite a nice area if a bit dark. Shortly after arriving Sea Breeze arrived for a session and I was accused by Sharon of stalking lol! Again an enjoyable hour. 

Dinner was nice with Beef carpacio (actually nicer than the one I had in Tuscan) and Cajun drum fish for me and Crab Cake and Short Ribs for Sharon. The Maitre ds and Chefs were doing the rounds tonight. When it was our turn we gave glowing praise but I did mention the Sommelier hadn’t been prevalent often. Big mistake. Few minutes later appears Jelena who was constantly at my side and talked me into a Wine Tasting tomorrow lol!

On leaving the MDR we went to Rendevous Bar and caught the only act we hadn’t seen an argentinian quartet. Again they were very good the around ship musicians this trip have been fab. 

After this it was up to the Cosmos for the Wedding Game Show. Packed house and lots of appilciants so names drawn out of a hat. I’m glad to say the English couple who were stage acting managed to fluff their lines and the couple married 50 years and together 59 rightly won. 

Nightcap at Cafe Bacio and to bed. 

2ABA0A05-0623-40D9-855D-73B3706C9374.jpeg

067A5295-E354-4942-916F-C07D1AFFE2B4.jpeg

AAA5E011-4106-4BE9-B350-4F88EA4C735C.jpeg

1E265B64-0ADC-418B-A4E0-61FFE987030A.jpeg

8 hours ago, Alushar said:

Jim the round windows have gone I’m afraid and the table also. The who area has been redone. I’m sure you’ll find a new favourite spot!

Thank you so much.   Disappointed but I'm sure we will find a new favorite spot.   We always enjoyed sitting there and chatting with the bartender.

• Like 1

Day 6 A sea day!

It’s warm and there is sun did I say it’s warm and there’s sun!

Clocks went back an hour so it was an easy get up for breakfast in the MDR which was highly enjoyable. 

Then it was up to deck 10 and a sunbed, outside 😱 The front rows had already been taken but I needed some shade anyway so we were able to get some quite near the bar. Most of the beds seemed occupied which hadn’t been the case in the Solarium where people seemed to reserve and not return. 

We has lunch at the Mast Grill, cheeseburgers by which time the Ents team had arrived to start a game of Scategories. 

The previous night I’d backed myself into signing up for wine tasting. It appeared I wasn’t the only one probably a combination of cold wet sea days meant that the event was over subscribed with probably 60 people attending they initially run out of glasses and notes. 

This was a around round the world event so 6 stations were set out with a red and a white representing Argentina, USA, Italy, France, Australia and South Africa. Each station manned by a Sommelier who explained the wines. They provided a decent quality cheese board to each person. 

I managed to sample 9 of the wines not finding one to beat my favourite Malbec and they weren’t giving small portions so a strategic retreat was needed or I’d have been no good for the rest of the day. The Italian Pinot Gregorio was the best white for me. 

An afternoon nap was needed after!

Dinner that evening was in the Tuscan Grill (not Qsine as I’d thought) so we grabbed a quick drink in Cellar Masters first. This bar hasn’t been refurbed and is quite dark with a gentleman’s club look. It’s probably the quietest bar and the bar staff are very pleasant. 

Dinner was lovely the food great and the seevice superb. Tuscan was not very full when we arrived but filled nicely through the meal. I had the meatballs to start followed by the Burretta and a ribeye Sharon the calamari, Burretta and ribeye. With my new found wine expertise I ordered ...... my usual malbec lol. 

Afterwasrfs back to Cellar Masters we only intended a quick stop but Ethan turned up to play and was great so we stopped for his session. Down in the Martini Bar the DJ had whipped up a good dance session. 

A quick stop at cafe Bacio and Bed 

04685E5B-F4CD-4FF0-8505-ABB0A2C6E57E.jpeg

627B1E2B-131E-4310-9313-AAE39A45662E.jpeg

22317575-D2C5-46AD-BA2C-E4672517F9EB.jpeg

E5DCCEA7-BA4C-4F40-B637-3A1959F38D0E.jpeg

480BC0E0-031C-488B-A8B5-2265EB82474A.jpeg

C7FC5198-2CC3-47D1-BA99-9D235FAA60D2.jpeg

A4819C68-19D8-4352-BB2E-D721260AA1D2.jpeg

049F3FD1-CB6B-42EB-8752-8660025605FF.jpeg

647DC0D5-2E61-4622-A5AC-E08D962D3661.jpeg

D26BE4D5-056D-443A-B9C5-918F8EC0FF2E.jpeg

1E8177BE-77F6-4F3D-BC95-20EA0055E155.jpeg