Best activities to do in Cozumel with 14 year old?

Soapgirl76

We will be taking our first cruise in November 2019 and our 14 year old son will be with us.  I've looked over every possible excursion (well, those listed on CCL site) and just can't decide what would be fun with a 14-year old. We've showed him the different excursions and his responses wass "whatever you want to do." Not much help!!! 

I would love to hear from those who have been to Cozumel with teenagers.  What activities did you find they really liked?  We will be doing the stingray/snorkeling thing in Grand Cayman so I don't believe we will be looking for something that is heavy on snorkeling.  Many thanks!! 

1 hour ago, Soapgirl76 said:

We will be taking our first cruise in November 2019 and our 14 year old son will be with us.  I've looked over every possible excursion (well, those listed on CCL site) and just can't decide what would be fun with a 14-year old. We've showed him the different excursions and his responses wass "whatever you want to do." Not much help!!! 

I would love to hear from those who have been to Cozumel with teenagers.  What activities did you find they really liked?  We will be doing the stingray/snorkeling thing in Grand Cayman so I don't believe we will be looking for something that is heavy on snorkeling.  Many thanks!! 

Beach clubs popular with teenagers Playa Mia, Mr Sanchos or Paradise Beach if he likes inflatables, or water sports, or just a general pool. 

• Like 1

Skip the cruise line excursions.  It is easy to taxi to the beach of you choice, or book a snorkel tour, etc.  

What are you looking for?  Swimming with dolphins?  Snorkeling?  Beach with water toys?  Mayan ruins?

With our teens we have done beach clubs on our own (playa uvas, paradise beach etc.). Inexpensive and relaxing and you can find all kinds of advice on here of how to do it.

With shore excursioneer we did a catamaran snorkel tour that they loved.

My recommendation though is one we did with Carnival (because you have to go to the mainland and they guarantee you get back to the ship) that is now called "Blue Hole and natural pool exploration with lunch". Ferry to the mainland, bus ride to the tour area then you hike thru the forest to 4 different cenotes to swim and explore. There is one you can high dive into, one with a zip line, one with a cave and a large one you canoe across. After that you have an amazing traditional meal prepared by a local family. It's got a little bit of everything and is one of the best excursions we have ever done.

Since this is your first cruise, I think you will be surprised how quickly he makes friends on the ship.  He will probably be open to any excursion/activities at that point.  Go ahead and book something and see how it goes on the cruise.  You have until the day before each port to change any ship excursion, if that happens to fit better or he meets people on the ship doing something he suddenly wants to do with you.  

• 2 weeks later...

My friend might be joining us on our cruise that stops here.  She will have her 15 year old daughter.  Good to know she might like Mr Sanchos 🙂. This will be the daughter’s first “big vacation” out of state (MN).

Edited by vacationlover_mn

My then 15 year old ordered a virgin drink when in Mexico. The bartender asked why she did not want the rum; she replied that she was only 15. He replied "Are you driving anywhere?"

one drink will not kill them, but keeping you eyes open is advisable. :classic_wink: