How Many FTTF's Left Available?

Butterbean1000

37 minutes ago, roundrockhorn said:

I've never seen it. I have been looking for one to open up for my cruise in April, but still have had zero luck. 

I don't know what ship in April you are sailing, but I have been stalking FTTF for months and I got it finally for my April cruise at 250AM EST.  It was sold out again by 6AM.  I had been checking 10-15x's per day, but last night my doggy had an upset tummy and had me up all night and I happened to check it.  Keep checking, they do come available!

39 minutes ago, mama_2_boys said:

I didn't realize they sold out so far in advance. I was going to book it for our October cruise and it's already sold out.

The FTTF is now open on Nov and Dec cruises and for the several years I've been out here on CC I've always seen that it sells out really fast. I just got mine yesterday for my Nov cruise and I'm ecstatic!

1 hour ago, schazzy said:

IIRC, there should be line where I marked in red in the picture below that says "Departure Times" and clicking or hovering over that it should say something like "more than 10" or "less than 10"

Capture.jpg

That's it!  Thank you!  Just FYI, there are only 4 left for the Oct 26,2019 sailing on the Breeze.

41 minutes ago, tonpim06 said:

I don't know what ship in April you are sailing, but I have been stalking FTTF for months and I got it finally for my April cruise at 250AM EST.  It was sold out again by 6AM.  I had been checking 10-15x's per day, but last night my doggy had an upset tummy and had me up all night and I happened to check it.  Keep checking, they do come available!

Keep checking.  They usually reopen it a few weeks before the sailing.  They wait to see how many Plats and Dias are sailing before they reopen it.   A good time to start stalking it is right after the deadline for final payment at 3 months.  We would check several times a day.  We were always able to snag one.  This time, we booked so far in advance that we were able to get one as soon as they opened.

35 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Keep checking.  They usually reopen it a few weeks before the sailing.  They wait to see how many Plats and Dias are sailing before they reopen it.   A good time to start stalking it is right after the deadline for final payment at 3 months.  We would check several times a day.  We were always able to snag one.  This time, we booked so far in advance that we were able to get one as soon as they opened.

April 20th out of Galveston, on the Freedom. Paid it off on Feb. 1st and have been checking at random times every day. I wonder if that's why I'm suddenly waking up in the middle of the night? My spidey-sense is trying to tell me to go get online in the middle of the night, to check for FTTF availability?? LOL!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mama_2_boys said:

I didn't realize they sold out so far in advance. I was going to book it for our October cruise and it's already sold out.

We thought the same thing...but then I talked to a friend who said that his cruise had it marked as sold out but that way later they went in to look at excursions again and it had become available again. We're going on a cruise for Spring Break and FTTF was sold out when I went to get it, but recently I got back online, and low and behold, there it was, available, so I bought immediately, lol.

On 2/13/2019 at 2:24 PM, mama_2_boys said:

They sell out the day they are listed because people share when they are released with their roll calls. 

On 2/13/2019 at 2:24 PM, mama_2_boys said:

On 2/13/2019 at 4:58 PM, DallasGurl said:

We thought the same thing...but then I talked to a friend who said that his cruise had it marked as sold out but that way later they went in to look at excursions again and it had become available again. We're going on a cruise for Spring Break and FTTF was sold out when I went to get it, but recently I got back online, and low and behold, there it was, available, so I bought immediately, lol.

Carnival releases a certain number of FTTFs whenever they think they have a good handle on how many D&Ps are going to cruise with them (because they get priority over FTTF), anywhere from a year out to sometimes only 6 or 8 months out.  As things get closer to sail time, some people cancel their FTTF (for various reasons, like going D/P, or knowing they will arrive later anyway, or to save $$), and Carnival can eventually make a more accurate count of total of D&Ps and current FTTFs, and maybe release some more.

Kind of like how the night before or the day of a sold-out concert some additional seats free up near the stage for a concert, because the crew is done setting up and they have some extra room.

• Like 1