Water temperature

Hi. I just joined after reading great ideas from you. We are traveling on the Sovereign in a couple weeks-our fourth cruise, second on Royal Caribbean. I understand the ocean temperature is around 73. Is that too cold to "enjoy" snorkeling? Also, we are C&A members but did not revceive any coupons. Should I call or are they in the stateroom? Thanks

We have just returned from the Radiance Western Itinerary on Jan 8. The water was cool but you got used to it quickly.

You will have your coupons delivered to your stateroom when you are on board.

Granny, I don;t know where you hail from but ocean temp of 73 is quite warm for the ocean. Here in NJ the shore beaches are jammed and the waves filled when the temp gets above 68 in mid July. The same temp (73) in a pool would be close to unswimmable. Don't ask me why. I just know that 73 in a pool is quite cold but balmy in the ocean.

One thing you have not mentioned, which really goes into the equation is air temperature and wind. I think if the water is 73 and the air temp is 80 with a good breeze you may be a bit uncomfortable.

Thanks for the info. I live in the midwest & only venture to the ocean during warm weather. From what I read, the temperatures in Nassau are 75-83 then. With my previous luck, Nassau will have its first snow storm while we are there. I am goingt o be brave & go snorkeling with the Stingray.

Are you also going to Grand Cayman?

We were there the first week of January and the water temp was around 80 degrees. it was perfect. We've been to GC in April and January, and this January the water was warmer than the April trip.

Archived