20/20 and 2 perks sale!

39august

Does the $20 deposit not apply to suites? I did a courtesy hold for a Sky Suite on a cruise that had the promotion and it wants a $200 deposit.

Edit: To answer my own question, no this promotion does not apply to suites.

Edited by BenV42
Stopped being lazy

We booked on Feb 8th. Our cabin was $100 per person cheaper and came with Premium beverage, pre-paid grats, $300 OBC and unlimited WIFI for 2. In addition our TA threw in an additional $500 OBC and applied our POSTTHANKU from Celebrity. We did have to pay the full deposit, but we have to pay for the cruise at some point anyway! I think the best thing to do with Celebrity pricing promotions is follow a cruise that you're interested in taking and jump when the pricing/perks combo is most appealing to you....and then follow up frequently for price drops.

On 2/14/2019 at 12:24 PM, Luvcrusn said:

We booked on Feb 8th. Our cabin was $100 per person cheaper and came with Premium beverage, pre-paid grats, $300 OBC and unlimited WIFI for 2. In addition our TA threw in an additional $500 OBC and applied our POSTTHANKU from Celebrity. We did have to pay the full deposit, but we have to pay for the cruise at some point anyway! I think the best thing to do with Celebrity pricing promotions is follow a cruise that you're interested in taking and jump when the pricing/perks combo is most appealing to you....and then follow up frequently for price drops.

I booked the Edge for Dec 2019 with a TA and overall I think I got a deal.  We got go best perks(included 300 OBC)  +  300 OBC from TA + 100 OBC from Celebrity for MLK + 150 future cruise credit + 50 loyalty OBC from TA.   The E3 cabin was total of 3400 with 900 OBC.  It's the most I've gotten in OBC so I was happy.  Then a week later the TA sweetened their deal to offer an additional 500 cash card.  I know when you take advantage of new deals you book everything at prevailing rates.  Most of my cruises have been directly with cruise line so rebooking before final payment is always very easy.   It was more difficult with my TA.  When I looked at it all the prices were same and only thing I would lose is the extra 100 OBC from Celebrity for MLK but this would be worth it since I'd get the extra 500 TA cash card.  But in the end with TA it was not worth it because they charge 50 pp penalty to cancel and rebook. And they said I'd lose my 150 future on board credit which didn't make sense.  And there was something else I lost which I can't remember but in end it was not worth it.   I just felt like once the TA gets my business they are not interested in giving me a better deal if it becomes available.  But by going with TA I got group rate for the cabin and an extra 350 OBC.    I will have to see if I can find a better TA that still offers great perks and group rates but is also easier to deal with when better deals come along before final payment.

Keep shopping for TA's taylortime05. Although mine does charge a cancellation fee, the have often upgraded by cabin category (Concierge to Aqua) or issued credits for price drop before final payment as well as given value added perks and OBC. It pays to shop and ask questions. Sadly we can't discuss names here, but we've gotten some good tips from friendly Cruise Critic members at Connections Parties on board.