Lunch options on Nieuw Statendam

qoap24

Hi Everyone,

This will be my first cruise with HAL in June on NS. I know that on embarkation that the MDR and Lido are open for lunch. I am wondering what will be my lunch options for the other days on the cruise. Will the MDR be open for lunch every day or just on sea days? Are there any speciality restaurants that will be open for lunch and if so, do you know how much they will cost?

Thank you.

You're going to have a great time on the NS!   Yes, the Lido and MDR will be open on embarkation day for lunch.  In addition, the Dive In should be open as well. It is located by the Lido pool in the midsection of that deck.  The Dive In serves burgers, hot dogs and french fries.   The MDR may be open on sea days.  I looked through past programs and saw it wasn't open on all sea days.  That may be due to Mariner luncheons or some type of special programming.

The Pinnacle Grill ($10) is generally open on sea days.   You can make reservations once on board the ship.  The Grand Dutch Cafe, deck 3, will be open during lunch.  There is no charge for food, but there is for drinks.  The New York Deli, deck 10 overlooking the midship pool, is open for lunch and there is no charge.  They have a good selection of pizzas made to order in addition to sandwiches and salads.  

I hope this helps!

31 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Pinnacle Grill may be open on non-port days.  Other Specialty Restaurants do not serve lunch.  Free lunch options will be Dutch Cafe, Dive In, NY Deli & Pizza, and Exploratins Cafe (small sandwiches).

The Grilled Ham and Edam Cheese Sandwich at the Grand Dutch Cafe is delicious.  The Dutch Pea Soup is a winner as well.  The desserts all look wonderful and my tummy never had room to try one.

The variety of sandwich options at the NY Deli surprised me and all that I chose were well prepared.  The one pizza that I ordered was delicious as well.  A salad is also available with a delicious Panna Cotta with berries for dessert.  No cost beverages are available there with a bar for adult beverages or sodas are steps away. 

I think, if one does not dine in the MDR for the Embarkation Lunch, the NY Deli would be a very good option to avoid the crowds that likely will patronize the Lido Restaurant after boarding.    

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

The Grilled Ham and Edam Cheese Sandwich at the Grand Dutch Cafe is delicious.  The Dutch Pea Soup is a winner as well.  The desserts all look wonderful and my tummy never had room to try one.

The variety of sandwich options at the NY Deli surprised me and all that I chose were well prepared.  The one pizza that I ordered was delicious as well.  A salad is also available with a delicious Panna Cotta with berries for dessert.  No cost beverages are available there with a bar for adult beverages or sodas are steps away. 

I think, if one does not dine in the MDR for the Embarkation Lunch, the NY Deli would be a very good option to avoid the crowds that likely will patronize the Lido Restaurant after boarding.    

FWIW the NY Del also serves breakfast bagels with lox for breakfast.

On 2/13/2019 at 5:45 PM, rkacruiser said:

This is exactly what we did on our cruise to Alaska a couple of years ago and plan to do again in March. We checked in early, walked the whole ship to get familiar with it, and then got pizza from the NY Deli and drinks from the adjacent bar and sat on the back deck with much of it to ourselves. For us, it's a great way to start a cruise.