First Carnival Cruise in 24 years - I have questions

RobinCruiser

Sorry for another one of these posts, but the new CC is driving me crazy and not very user friendly for searching. 😀

I've booked two cabins on the Carnival Magic for Nov 17. Can anyone tell me when the ships get decorated for Christmas? I was hoping it would be around then. 

I've heard the ship is looking somewhat tired. Does anyone know when it's scheduled for a refurb? Just wondering if it will get some upgrades before we sail. 

Does Carnival still do a chocolate buffet? Or a midnight buffet?

Is the adult only area part of the spa area or independent. And is it still a clothing optional/or topless area?

And lastly, are there formal nights on a 6 night cruise? And are they very formal? 

Thanks! I think that's it for now, going to try to find some more Magic reviews to read through. 

Robin

There is an adult only area called Serenity but it is not nude/topless.

There are late night eats at the buffet (a soup, a couple sandwiches) but no midnight buffet. There is a chocolate buffet during the day usually on the last sea day.

Formal nights are now called “elegant” and  while some people get very formal, many are less so. Carnival basically defines it as no jeans, no shorts. Lobster is served on the first elegant night.

I don’t know anything about the ship so that’s all i’ve got. Enjoy!

I think the ship will be decorated for Christmas by Nov 17th.

Not sure on a refurb of the Magic. Have never sailed her.

They did a late night buffet on my last cruise, but not sure on a 6 day.

I am pretty sure Magic has a serenity area (adults only), not exclusive to spa guests. I think clothing is also required.  It is a nice quiet area on an upper deck with loungers, non smoking, & even though not always enforced-- is supposed to be adults only.

You should have at least one "cruise elegant" night on a 6 night cruise.  It isn't nearly as formal as it used to be.  You will see very few formal gowns/tuxes, if any.  They do bring out the tablecloths on those nights though.  On "cruise casual" nights they have done away with tablecloths.

Hope this helps.

Ship will be decorated for Christmas month  not in November . Magic is not run down in the least.

Carnival does chocolate extravaganza  not what it use to be but none the less it's around lunch time near the buffet area.

There is no Adult area any longer other than serenity  , topless is prohibited aboard . Elegant night for a 6 night cruise as it's now called and there not very formal at all.

Edited by BoDidly

We were on the Magic last July. We didn't notice it being run down and loved the ship's layout. We would cruise her again in a heartbeat.

The Serenity area is completely separate from the Cloud 9 Spa. It is adults only, but it is definitely not topless.

Instead of the big midnight buffets they used to do, there are other food options available for late night. Pizza is available 24/7, as is ice cream. Various other offerings are available late-night on the Lido deck.

12 hours ago, TheJayCat said:

I was on the Imagination this past Thanksgiving. As we were getting off of the ship on 11/25/19 they were putting up the Christmas decorations.

Thanks! Yes, I forgot about your Thanksgiving.. I'm Canadian, ours is in October.