Pricing is now available?

tomservo

I can see the pricing for their upcoming itineraries now. Here’s what they are starting at for each cabin class (price is per cabin, double occupancy, taxes/fees excluded)

Havana After Dark, 4 night

Inside: 1450

OV: 1600

Terrace: 2000

Rockstar Suites: 2800

Mega Rockstar Suites: 6700

All in all not too shabby. Now I just have to find someone to watch my kids (not happening). 

5 minutes ago, AdoraBelle said:

Prices are for two people, not one.

Yes - $3,350 for an inside cabin, 4 day cruise. That's almost the cost of a 7-day balcony on other cruise lines. And this is almost exactly half for our Yacht Club, 11 day on MSC early next year. 

Message received - rich people only, which is a perfectly valid business model. I just can't justify it. A 4-day cruise is over in an instant.

Edited by Kmkub

10 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

Yes - $3,350 for an inside cabin, 4 day cruise. That's almost the cost of a 7-day balcony on other cruise lines. And this is almost exactly half for our Yacht Club, 11 day on MSC early next year. 

Message received - rich people only, which is a perfectly valid business model. I just can't justify it. A 4-day cruise is over in an instant.

The prices are for two people. Not one.

$1450 for an inside cabin, 4 day cruise; gratuities, wifi, all dining, and coffee/tea/soda included, but not taxes & port fees. For two people. $1450 TOTAL.

Edited by AdoraBelle
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AdoraBelle said:

The prices are for two people. not one.

$1450 for an inside cabin, 4day cruise; gratuities, wifi, all dining, and coffee/tea/soda included, but not taxes & port fees. For two people. TOTAL.

I understand, I'm not an idiot. We are paying just over $6K for a Yacht Club, balcony cabin for an 11-day, for TWO people, and that includes spa pass for the entire cruise and ALL beverages, including liquor, and including our in cabin mini-bar. And where are you seeing $1450? I'm showing $3,350 for TWO people on an inside. That's close to what we pay for TWO people on a 7-day with a balcony.

I just saw the price for their largest suite. LMAO - almost $5,000/day PP. Very nice suite  - and the balcony is larger than the cabin, but damn.

3 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

I understand, I'm not an idiot. We are paying just over $6K for a Yacht Club, balcony cabin for an 11-day, for TWO people, and that includes spa pass for the entire cruise and ALL beverages, including liquor, and including our in cabin mini-bar. And where are you seeing $1450?

https://www.virginvoyages.com/book/voyage-planner/choose-a-cabin?cabins=1&currencyCode=USD&durations=&fromDate=2020-08-01&isCabinAccessible=false&metaType=&packageCode=4NOH&sailors=2&shipCode=SC&toDate=2020-10-22&voyageId=SC2009094NOH

Ah, I was looking at the 5-day... my apologies. Still incredibly expensive for an inside.

The Insider

Sailor 1$1,500
Sailor 2$1,500
TipsIncluded
Taxes and fees$350
Cabin total$3,350

Here's an inside 4-day on Princess. - Half the price.

SUMMARY:

Guest 1
$279.00
Guest 2
$279.00
Cruise Total
$558.00
Transfers
Vacation Protection
Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses§
$168.02
Total Price (USD)
$726.02

The dates also matter. It sounds like you're comparing either off-season prices (like your MSC cruise) to the first couple of months of a totally new cruise line that opens during high vacation season. The prices fall a lot after summer of 2020, and not many sailings have even been released yet. 

I'm sure that 4-day Princess cruise is also one of their older ships and doesn't include things like wifi, grats, sodas, specialty dining, etc. So it's not really apples to apples.

In any case ... choice is good, and the market will sort it out in any case. 🙂

• Like 1

Looking at comparable cruises with similar itineraries and similar times of the year it does look expensive.

Even when factoring in wi-fi and gratuities.

They look like they are aiming at the types who would have paid stupid money to go to Fyre festival, so I can see them doing well even at that pricing.

27 minutes ago, AdoraBelle said:

The dates also matter. It sounds like you're comparing either off-season prices (like your MSC cruise) to the first couple of months of a totally new cruise line that opens during high vacation season.  

First point, yes, it's a new cruise line. I'll remain hopeful that these prices will come down after the newness wears off.

As to MSC, we are going in high season for the Caribbean; January. Crazy good prices for the "suite life."

Agree that choice is good! I'm looking forward to the reviews, as I am curious to see if these ridiculous prices prove worth it.

2 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

The dates also matter. It sounds like you're comparing either off-season prices (like your MSC cruise) to the first couple of months of a totally new cruise line that opens during high vacation season. The prices fall a lot after summer of 2020, and not many sailings have even been released yet. 

I'm sure that 4-day Princess cruise is also one of their older ships and doesn't include things like wifi, grats, sodas, specialty dining, etc. So it's not really apples to apples.

I agree about choice. I'm excited about this ship because it's different than a lot of the offerings out there. And price is relevant. I'm happy choosing an off-season trip on VV at a higher price because I want to experience this particular ship, and Cuba has been on my must-do list for a long time. For others, a longer cruise to different destinations at a comparable/lower price fits their needs better. I'm not quite sure why some posters (not the poster you're answering above) seem almost hostile about people choosing to spend their money on this particular line. But I'm new here, so I could be misreading the vibe.

Edited by crazycatlady11
  • Like 1

Crazy.......I agree with you.     People should not be allowed to book and cruise on VV due to the craziness of the differences between VV and other cruises!!!  :classic_biggrin:    

I have to believe Mr Branson is in this to make some money.    He has hired people who know the business and know exactly what the average person pays for.    They know the statistics of what 20somethings buy and do on a cruise, and every age group going up.    I would expect there to be a lot of differences.   I dont expect a daily schedule advertising every Diamonds Intl .    I don't read them anyway.    just think about the number of employees and printing paper saved by just eliminating this one little cruise ritual.   And buying so called "art" on a ship......c'mon!   Just think about what the space on a cruise ship can be used for once you rid of this extra usage of space.    Maybe more cabins......maybe more passenger revenue.

And I am very excited about booking a cruise with VV once the Nov 2020 schedule is out.   I am even thinking about doing a B2B, Dominican and then Havana

dave

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kmkub said:

Ah, I was looking at the 5-day... my apologies. Still incredibly expensive for an inside.

The Insider

Sailor 1$1,500
Sailor 2$1,500
TipsIncluded
Taxes and fees$350
Cabin total$3,350

Here's an inside 4-day on Princess. - Half the price.

SUMMARY:

Guest 1
$279.00
Guest 2
$279.00
Cruise Total
$558.00
Transfers
Vacation Protection
Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses§
$168.02
Total Price (USD)
$726.02

$3,350 for Virgin 4 day and $726 for Princess 5 day, and you call that half price, fuzzy math.  We booked a Virgin Suite for 4 days and it was about $4,000.  I question your Virgin inside price.

5 hours ago, SC_GAY_Cruiser said:

Crazy.......I agree with you.     People should not be allowed to book and cruise on VV due to the craziness of the differences between VV and other cruises!!!  :classic_biggrin:    

I have to believe Mr Branson is in this to make some money.    He has hired people who know the business and know exactly what the average person pays for.    They know the statistics of what 20somethings buy and do on a cruise, and every age group going up.    I would expect there to be a lot of differences.   I dont expect a daily schedule advertising every Diamonds Intl .    I don't read them anyway.    just think about the number of employees and printing paper saved by just eliminating this one little cruise ritual.   And buying so called "art" on a ship......c'mon!   Just think about what the space on a cruise ship can be used for once you rid of this extra usage of space.    Maybe more cabins......maybe more passenger revenue.

And I am very excited about booking a cruise with VV once the Nov 2020 schedule is out.   I am even thinking about doing a B2B, Dominican and then Havana

dave

I'm super excited too. Booked a Havana four-night for September 2020. Hoping we'll love it enough to rebook on board. Would love to do a longer cruise if they add one down the line.

The weird vitriol thing surprised me. I would never book Cunard, even though I know I would love the classic ships. I just don't want forced formality on vacation. But I wouldn't go on the Cunard board and make disparaging comments about the line or those who book it because they have different priorities for their vacation. 

I've never done a back-to-back but would love to!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Oville said:

$3,350 for Virgin 4 day and $726 for Princess 5 day, and you call that half price, fuzzy math.  We booked a Virgin Suite for 4 days and it was about $4,000.  I question your Virgin inside price.

They took the first cruise in the list when filtered by inside cabin.

https://www.virginvoyages.com/book/voyage-planner/summary?cabinType=IN&cabins=1&currencyCode=USD&durations=&fromDate=2020-04-01&isCabinAccessible=false&metaType=INSIDER&packageCode=5NOH&sailors=2&shipCode=SC&toDate=2020-10-22&voyageId=SC2005035NOH

The second in the list (https://www.virginvoyages.com/book/voyage-planner/summary?cabinType=IN&cabins=1&currencyCode=USD&durations=&fromDate=2020-04-01&isCabinAccessible=false&metaType=INSIDER&packageCode=5NCM&sailors=2&shipCode=SC&toDate=2020-10-22&voyageId=SC2005085NCM) is a good one to compare as the itinerary has lots of comparable cruises with other lines at a similar time of the year.

$2,700 + taxes. For the same price with NCL on the same week, also departing from Miami, visiting Costa Maya and NCL's Harvest Caye you can get a Balcony or Mini Suite and take free wifi, speciality dining, unlimited open bar, $50 shore excursion credit, 3rd and 4th guest free.

• 3 weeks later...

If you have ever flown Virgin Atlantic Upper Class and visited their LHR Clubhouse you would know the experience is completely different than any other. 

To put NCL and Virgin in the same sentence is a waste of breath. NCL pax are not Virgins target market. 

17 minutes ago, tfred said:

. NCL pax are not Virgins target market. 

Unless we are talking about the Haven.    I think Virgin will attract new people but will pull from everyone.  Right now they have a target on everybody imo.

36 minutes ago, Nymich said:

Unless we are talking about the Haven.    I think Virgin will attract new people but will pull from everyone.  Right now they have a target on everybody imo.

Briefly, I’m a longtime NCL cruiser but only recently booked my first (and probably last) Haven cruise. I have a VV cruise booked for 2020, and realizing that paying Haven prices still won’t even include something basic like soda (much less wifi) made me look forward to next year even more. 

21 minutes ago, AdoraBelle said:

Briefly, I’m a longtime NCL cruiser but only recently booked my first (and probably last) Haven cruise. I have a VV cruise booked for 2020, and realizing that paying Haven prices still won’t even include something basic like soda (much less wifi) made me look forward to next year even more. 

I forgot about that with Haven....good points and I agree!