WiFi on the Magic

levon10

12 hours ago, levon10 said:

I've read nothing but bad things about the WiFi on the Magic. Does anyone know if they intent to rectify the problem ?

There's nothing good to say about any wifi on any ship on any cruise line, other than wifi is available.

What are you expectations?

What do you expect to be rectified?

"Nothing but bad things" is a pretty broad and encompassing statement.

I was on the Conquest last year and the WiFi worked great. My expectations are that if I pay for something that it works and if it does not that they fix the problem or drop the price. Let me narrow down the complaints I have read ... WiFi does not work, WiFi is hit or miss, WiFi is very aggravating. don't waste your money, Carnival needs to fix the WiFi on the Magic. Unfortunately I can not be disconnected for 8 days and I hope Carnival does what it can to solve the problem

We were on the Magic in the fall and paid for the most expensive package.  Honestly much of the time we could not even get on line and when we did it was so slow it was pretty much useless.  We will not buy it again unless they greatly improve it, which I understand they will be doing across the fleet soon.  I believe some ships already have the upgraded service.  I would love to hear from anyone who has experienced the upgraded service.

Unfortunately I can not be disconnected for 8 days and I hope Carnival does what it can to solve the problem

So, I take it you are new to cruising since wifi packages are fairly new to cruising (can you imagine we didnt use to have it at all??? Yikes, what DID we do on a cruise without it???)?  If you truly do not feel you are getting what you paid for then for sure dont pay for it!  You have read the reviews, it is hit or miss at best,  so maybe a cruise is not for you at this time until it can provide wifi you feel you can use?  You cannot be mad when you know the facts up front, the wifi may not work....pretty simple!!!

Its awful...  I love the Magic and had an amazing time. But I prepaid for the most expensive package because I had to do some work a few days on the cruise. 

Keep in mind... I've been on many Carnival cruises and I know how to adjust my expectations being that we are on a cruise. I know cruise ships wont be good as my home internet. But the wifi was barely usable. I will give Carnival credit. They gave me my money back and allowed me to continue to use whatever I could manage to use.

Carnival did sign a new deal with a new internet company and will upgrade the networks across the fleet.

1 hour ago, Drazil65 said:

Yikes, what DID we do on a cruise without it???)? 

But it is prevalent now and it allows some of us self employed people to enjoy longer vacations. My last 3 cruises were B2B. The technology now allows me to access my work computer remotely, if the wi-fi is working. 

On 2/14/2019 at 10:35 AM, klfrodo said:

There's nothing good to say about any wifi on any ship on any cruise line, other than wifi is available.

What are you expectations?

What do you expect to be rectified?

"Nothing but bad things" is a pretty broad and encompassing statement.

MedallionNet is pretty awesome now that it’s more stable.

LOL...never personal!  You have the reviews and apparently an opinion about what you are up against on this particular ship...Sooooo if you go and cannot get connected...what do you do???  You said you ABSOLUTELY cannot be disconnected for certain amounts of time...but what if you are...maybe you should not take the risk if it is impossible for you not to be connected for a length of time, just sayin...maybe a land vaca is better suited for your lifestyle that's all...I am sure you will figure it out...