Looking for Seattle hotel recommendations

Katie52

We arrive at Seattle airport on Sunday, June 2 and leave the following day, (almost 24 hours later).  I have spent a long time looking at hotels on Tripadvisor paying particular attention to the “terrible” reviews.  I did not like what I was reading and felt they were not things I could ignore, even with the expensive brands.  There is a proportion of bad reviews compared to good reviews that I will accept but in this case I am having trouble. 

Has anyone actually stayed in a hotel at SeaTac which they were satisfied with?  

Or or should I be looking more towards Seattle city itself, instead of on the edge.  

We we would like somewhere in a safe area and which is clean, comfortable, quiet with easy access to the airport.

Edited by Katie52

i stayed at two crowne plazas, one opposite the SeaTac Link stop, and one downtown on Seneca & 6th

i found both to be quite standard a crowne plaza, and are located conveniently for getting around on foot or Link. rooms are specious and breakfast nice.

both times i was on business travel, so room rates were not a big concern

I've stayed at the Doubletree at SeaTac 3-4 times and been very pleased.  Same with the Hampton Inn on 28th, and the Doubletree at Southcenter.  I've never had a "terrible" experience at any of these.  

In May I'm trying the SeaTac Hilton.  

Roz

In Seatac area we found the Sleep Inn ~10 years ago and have been returning to it every time since if we find flights out of SEA work better for us than YVR/PDX. It's not fancy but it's clean, we've left our car there for over a week without problems, and while the included breakfast is definitely light and carb-loaded, the IHOP across the parking lot is cheap for a more filling brekky. If I were planning to sightsee extensively rather than just plane/hotel/head to cruise I'd be staying in downtown-core-adjacent Seattle Center, but we have taken LINK downtown from the Sleep Inn (using their shuttle to get there) to kill a few hours, it's probably best to assume an hour each way but it's very easy and cheap.

Edited by martincath
mistype

I stayed once at Ramada SeaTac for a night before an early flight on Christmas Eve. It was only $60 and it was okay. It has free shuttle to/from airport. I even ate a brunch there and it was cheap for some kind of Asian food.

This time, I am going to stay near downtown/convention center area at the Residence Inn before catching the train to Vancouver. It was below $250 for a 2Q suite and sleep 5 with free full breakfast in May but way over $300 in June.

Edited by Tourist1292

When we stay downtown in Seattle we book the Mayflower Park.  We prefer the larger rooms over the standard ones.

When we want to be near SEA-TAC we now book the Cedarbrook Lodge.  While we have stayed at the Seatac Hilton, we much prefer the Cedarbrook, both for the location (doesn't feel like it is an "airport" hotel), amenities, and included breakfast buffet.  And the Cedarbrook restaurant is wonderful in the evenings.

3 hours ago, 1PCcruiser said:

Long shot here. ...are there any hotels that offer a shuttle to both the airport and the cruise port?  I know it’s a little distance from airport to cruise port and was looking for something maybe in the middle. Thanks for any input. 

I looked up the mileage. According Map Quest it's 15 miles. Check it your self. Good luck

14 hours ago, 1PCcruiser said:

Long shot here. ...are there any hotels that offer a shuttle to both the airport and the cruise port?  I know it’s a little distance from airport to cruise port and was looking for something maybe in the middle. Thanks for any input. 

If you mean a free shuttle, no.  If you mean if they'll arrange paid shuttles, then the answer is, "all of them."

There are two cruise terminals, around 3 miles apart.

On 2/14/2019 at 2:58 PM, ben.chan said:

i stayed at two crowne plazas, one opposite the SeaTac Link stop, and one downtown on Seneca & 6th

i found both to be quite standard a crowne plaza, and are located conveniently for getting around on foot or Link. rooms are specious and breakfast nice.

both times i was on business travel, so room rates were not a big concern

Thank you. We have booked the first Crowne Plaza you mentioned.