Drinks Package?

JamieLogical

7 hours ago, fshagan said:

I think it depends on how much you drink (or think you might drink). Two drinks a day on VV looks like it will be cheaper than the package price per day on other lines (and close to being cheaper than the gratuity on NCL's fake "free" drink package). If you drink more than two drinks per day  then it will probably cost you more on VV.

Two drinks per day? Some people like to have two drinks....at dinner alone! 😬

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fshagan said:

I think it depends on how much you drink (or think you might drink). Two drinks a day on VV looks like it will be cheaper than the package price per day on other lines (and close to being cheaper than the gratuity on NCL's fake "free" drink package). If you drink more than two drinks per day  then it will probably cost you more on VV.

To make a drink package work on most any cruise line, you have to figure on at least 10 to 13 drinks per day.  Cheap drink packages are around $89/day with the more expensive pushing $130/day.  At $9 - $14/drink you need to be having quite a few drinks to make that work out.

I can make the package come close to working if the coffee is included in the package. 4 or 5 coffees per day plus 5 drinks per day and it's sort of worth it.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CanadaRob said:

regular pricing on the drinks with beers being $5-6 and cocktails at $9-10,  and  many wines by the glass at under $10 seems reasonable so a $300 shareable tab would go quite a ways for me and my wife.

Was about to post that!

image.thumb.png.05a7ddbf14b06a1f005a339cb443b0ce.png

So can the $200 OBC be used for the bar as well? If it can, bought with a $300+$100 bonus should give the feel of AI.

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2021 at 5:45 AM, les37b said:

Was about to post that!

image.thumb.png.05a7ddbf14b06a1f005a339cb443b0ce.png

So can the $200 OBC be used for the bar as well? If it can, bought with a $300+$100 bonus should give the feel of AI.

Your $200 on board credit is good for anything on the ship... 

I only read a few pages but I felt this info may be useful to those on this thread.  I went to a webinar for VV and they told us the demographics of those sailing.

He also discussed drink prices.  “Heineken beer $5, 50% of the wines at $10 or less by the glass” He didn’t discuss cocktails.

E7F5E14E-8FBC-43FF-BB09-902CA678A951.jpeg

On 7/4/2021 at 7:19 AM, Chamoretta said:

I only read a few pages but I felt this info may be useful to those on this thread.  I went to a webinar for VV and they told us the demographics of those sailing.

He also discussed drink prices.  “Heineken beer $5, 50% of the wines at $10 or less by the glass” He didn’t discuss cocktails.

E7F5E14E-8FBC-43FF-BB09-902CA678A951.jpeg

Wow.  That's surprising to me.  I thought VV was targeting a younger demographic.  It would be interesting to see a graph of the age distribution.

14 hours ago, mnocket said:

Wow.  That's surprising to me.  I thought VV was targeting a younger demographic.  It would be interesting to see a graph of the age distribution.

I agree that it would be interesting to see. That was all that was shared with me.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2020 at 5:27 AM, garymfreedman said:

Apologies if I've missed it already being posted, but in the "Seacademy" (the online training courses for Virgin Voyages travel agents) there is further details on pricing (all Tip included). I thought it might be useful for people:

Beer

- "Standard" (Heineken, Amstel Light, Kalik, Narragansett) $6

- "Premium" (Wynwood Brewing, Boulevard Brewing, Lagunitas, Funky Buddha) $7-11

Basic Cocktails

"Standard" (Herradura Plata, Tito's, Tanqueray, Jack Daniels) $9

"Premium" (Ketel One, Hendricks, Patron Silver, Johnnie Walker Black) $11

Hand Crafted Cocktails

"Standard" (Mojito, Margarita, Piña Colada) $10-$13

"Premium" (Manhattan, Stoli Elit Martini, Casamigos Gimlet) $14-18

Wines by the glass

42% <$10, 31% $10-15, 18% $15-20, 9% >$20

I guess a basic cocktail is what those of us in the UK would call a mixed drink! Nothing specific on champagne pricing, although I think some of that may have been mentioned on here previously?

• Like 1

The lack of a drinks package is a bit of a perk for me. Our travel group includes an adult non drinker so that cabin never makes sense for that cabin to go for the drinks package as most lines insist on all adults in the cabin taking the package.

19 hours ago, Chrish2 said:

The lack of a drinks package is a bit of a perk for me. Our travel group includes an adult non drinker so that cabin never makes sense for that cabin to go for the drinks package as most lines insist on all adults in the cabin taking the package.

There was never anything preventing people from sailing WITHOUT a drink package and paying al la carte... all this does it take the decision to buy a drink package AWAY from the people who would prefer it....

• Like 1