Updated Photos of Coco-Cay

tgibson13

• 2 weeks later...

There is some drone footage from January on You Tube if you just search for "Coco Cay Royal Caribbean with Bebop 2 Drone"  I'll try to attach the link as well, looks like they are well on their way.

• Like 1

I am not quite sure.  I mean they still have all the excursions for the water park and lagoon posted so they must be pretty confident that it will be complete.  I sent a tweet out to them regarding the pier and they are still stating it will be finished this month.  So I guess we will find out pretty soon if they are on schedule or not.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tgibson13 said:

Which Cabanas are you looking at? I booked a Chill Island beach Cabana ans from what I have seen they are directly on the beach and have their own water section roped off from the rest of the beach.

The only ones I have offered for my booking are the Oasis Lagoon Cabanas. 

Just off the Anthem. We did dock at Coco Cay pier. Captain announced that it was the first time for the Anthem to dock. It was interesting to watch the ship docking. It looked like they were still going to extend the pier and a lot of work is in progress.

The walkways are not laid in majority o the areas so it is not very friendly for handicap access yet. Strollers, wheelchairs and walkers were parked in a front area and there were beach wheel chairs which were used to transport people to the beach area. After the walkways are completed this should not be a problem.

The right side of the island is fenced off due to construction of the water park, the cabanas, etc. Looked like a big mess from the ship. Construction was going on in full force. Due to the vast area being fenced off, the areas that were open felt a bit crowded. Lounge chairs were pretty new. Hard to find shade and umbrellas. Some people were just laying on towels on the beach. We did find some chairs vacated by those returning to the ship by noon. I am sure this will all be resolved once the whole island opens up and people will "spread out".

Lunch offering was very good and there was no crowding or lines. Lot of variety and an ice cream station too. Some more seating areas near the food area would be great.

Pool did not look as big as described and the one at Grand Turk is bigger and far better developed. Perhaps they are still working on it, but it was open, packed and neck to neck.

Small shopping area, the usual T-shirts, beach totes, crafts etc.

Water is beautiful, snorkeling area is great. Lot of life guards on duty.

They have "preserved" the snorkeling area. But they have dredged the other beach areas to build coves and cabana areas and ruined the reefs there, as related to me by the local person/employee/guide(?) who was telling us where to snorkel.

Does it look, to me,  like it will be absolutely ready and running and looking just like the Perfect Day Ad by May? I seriously doubt it. That glass seems  less than half full. But you will still have a wonderful day at the beach. The water and beach is lovely.

I was asked on board: Compared to Labadee how did I like it? Finished or unfinished, I like Labadee better, I am not quite a Six Flags Person. And it gave me a feeling, once this is done, a part of it will definitely look like Six Flags or a Wet and Wild. That was what I felt. Other people may have felt differently.

It was nevertheless a great day!

18 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Just off the Anthem. We did dock at Coco Cay pier. Captain announced that it was the first time for the Anthem to dock. It was interesting to watch the ship docking. It looked like they were still going to extend the pier and a lot of work is in progress.

The walkways are not laid in majority o the areas so it is not very friendly for handicap access yet. Strollers, wheelchairs and walkers were parked in a front area and there were beach wheel chairs which were used to transport people to the beach area. After the walkways are completed this should not be a problem.

The right side of the island is fenced off due to construction of the water park, the cabanas, etc. Looked like a big mess from the ship. Construction was going on in full force. Due to the vast area being fenced off, the areas that were open felt a bit crowded. Lounge chairs were pretty new. Hard to find shade and umbrellas. Some people were just laying on towels on the beach. We did find some chairs vacated by those returning to the ship by noon. I am sure this will all be resolved once the whole island opens up and people will "spread out".

Lunch offering was very good and there was no crowding or lines. Lot of variety and an ice cream station too. Some more seating areas near the food area would be great.

Pool did not look as big as described and the one at Grand Turk is bigger and far better developed. Perhaps they are still working on it, but it was open, packed and neck to neck.

Small shopping area, the usual T-shirts, beach totes, crafts etc.

Water is beautiful, snorkeling area is great. Lot of life guards on duty.

They have "preserved" the snorkeling area. But they have dredged the other beach areas to build coves and cabana areas and ruined the reefs there, as related to me by the local person/employee/guide(?) who was telling us where to snorkel.

Does it look, to me,  like it will be absolutely ready and running and looking just like the Perfect Day Ad by May? I seriously doubt it. That glass seems  less than half full. But you will still have a wonderful day at the beach. The water and beach is lovely.

I was asked on board: Compared to Labadee how did I like it? Finished or unfinished, I like Labadee better, I am not quite a Six Flags Person. And it gave me a feeling, once this is done, a part of it will definitely look like Six Flags or a Wet and Wild. That was what I felt. Other people may have felt differently.

It was nevertheless a great day!

Thanks for the update!  I believe the only thing that is left to open in May per their schedule is the water park area.  The over-water cabanas and coco beach club aren't suppose to open until Late this year, which will probably end up being early next year.

On 3/28/2019 at 6:08 PM, renech said:

The only ones I have offered for my booking are the Oasis Lagoon Cabanas. 

Oh ok.. I have a chill Island cabana for this June.  They must be booked up for your cruise.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I

On 4/1/2019 at 8:47 AM, tgibson13 said:

Oh ok.. I have a chill Island cabana for this June.  They must be booked up for your cruise.

If you don’t mind, could you share your experience with this?  We have one booked for August 2019. We’ve never done a cabana (or bungalow, or bed) and had just found a chair on the beach the other cruise at Labadee.  Basic info and tips would be appreciated as I’m clueless on this. 

Janelle. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2019 at 1:30 AM, Justicedog said:

I

If you don’t mind, could you share your experience with this?  We have one booked for August 2019. We’ve never done a cabana (or bungalow, or bed) and had just found a chair on the beach the other cruise at Labadee.  Basic info and tips would be appreciated as I’m clueless on this. 

Janelle. 

Janelle,

The Chill Island Cabana has definitely been one of my greatest experiences in the Caribbean.  CoCo Cay in general is amazing.  Our cabana attendant Teddy was phenomenal, always checking on us to see if we needed drinks or more food.  The cabana chicken sandwich is fantastic and a must try. Having your own little private beach area to swim and snorkel is nice and there was plenty of marine life to check out in that area.  I hope your experience is as good as mine!

Tyler  

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2019 at 8:06 PM, Go-Bucks! said:

Is Coco Cay right next to Great Stirrup Cay?  I was at GSC today and a RCCL ship was anchored at an island right next to us.  Someone said it was a RCCL private island but no one knew the name of it.

Yes, right next to each other. Coco Cay now has a pier, so not sure why RCCL ship was anchored.