Singapore Hop on Hop off Bus

southernbreezes

3 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

From the Marina Bay Cruise port can you catch the Hop ON Hop off Bus. If not is it walking distance or do I take a cab?

Go to this page https://city-sightseeing.com/en/106/singapore/130/hop-on-hop-off-singapore

Scroll right to the botton and there is a 'button' for cruise passengers, which says they will be at the cruise terminal (though it is off route). I know it says about redeeming your voucher at Suntec City (the start point for all routes), but they might do it at the cruise terminal. We used the bus post cruise and walked to Suntec as it was only 10 minutes from our hotel. So you know, City Sightseeing and Big Bus are combined in Singapore, so get the best deal for you on either site, unless you want to wait and buy tickets when you are there. If you are there for the day, you will have time to do both red and yellow routes.

Simon

19 hours ago, sddsddean said:

Go to this page https://city-sightseeing.com/en/106/singapore/130/hop-on-hop-off-singapore

Scroll right to the botton and there is a 'button' for cruise passengers, which says they will be at the cruise terminal (though it is off route). I know it says about redeeming your voucher at Suntec City (the start point for all routes), but they might do it at the cruise terminal. We used the bus post cruise and walked to Suntec as it was only 10 minutes from our hotel. So you know, City Sightseeing and Big Bus are combined in Singapore, so get the best deal for you on either site, unless you want to wait and buy tickets when you are there. If you are there for the day, you will have time to do both red and yellow routes.

Simon

Thank you so much for your reply. This is very helpful to us.

I would like to avoid having to go to the SunTec area to exchange my voucher for the ho-ho ticket.  If I buy it on the bus can I get on at any stop?

Plus, there is the FunVee ho-ho bus.  That stops very close to my hotel (Swissotel Stamford).  Same question - can I pay on the bus and continue from there?

Do any of the ho-ho's stop near the Maxwell Food Center?  

18 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

I would like to avoid having to go to the SunTec area to exchange my voucher for the ho-ho ticket.  If I buy it on the bus can I get on at any stop?

The short answer is " I don't know". It did seem odd that you have got to go to Suntec, especially as we had just used Big Bus in Dubai and Abu Dhabi and there, there are reps at each stop. You just give them your e mail confirmation, they scan it and give you a ticket. I'm sure if they are going to the bother of having a booth at the cruise terminal, they must be able to give you a ticket. I don't think there was the facility to actually buy it on the bus. Most stops had a rep there who would do the ticket for you (at least they did in Dubai and AD, but to be honest, I didn't take much notice in Singapore). Sorry to be a bit vague!

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

We are in Singapore for 5 days after our cruise so this will be great, and 3 days in Dubai before our cruise. Did you feel this was the best way to see everything in both cities for the money? We are also looking at the one on Muscat for port-day as well. Thanks for sharing!

2 hours ago, SakeDad said:

We are in Singapore for 5 days after our cruise so this will be great, and 3 days in Dubai before our cruise. Did you feel this was the best way to see everything in both cities for the money? We are also looking at the one on Muscat for port-day as well. Thanks for sharing!

Was in Dubai in late November for 6 days and found that buying a pass on their Metro was a very good value and made getting around the city efficient. Dubai is amazingly spread out, and distances by car/cab can take a long time and get pricey. On our first day there, we did a general city tour (small group tour with a guide) to give us an overview, and then went back to things on our own the next several days. 

I think the Hop On/Hop Off bus in Singapore would be a good idea, as the distances are smaller, but in Dubai I think you would spend an inordinate amount of time waiting for the next bus to come by (unless you just wanted to get on it and ride the route in full without getting off). Make sure it is air conditioned, Dubai in late November was seriously hot!

14 hours ago, terry&mike said:

Was in Dubai in late November for 6 days and found that buying a pass on their Metro was a very good value and made getting around the city efficient. Dubai is amazingly spread out, and distances by car/cab can take a long time and get pricey. On our first day there, we did a general city tour (small group tour with a guide) to give us an overview, and then went back to things on our own the next several days. 

I think the Hop On/Hop Off bus in Singapore would be a good idea, as the distances are smaller, but in Dubai I think you would spend an inordinate amount of time waiting for the next bus to come by (unless you just wanted to get on it and ride the route in full without getting off). Make sure it is air conditioned, Dubai in late November was seriously hot!

Thanks. We have a friend living in Dubai and he said the same about the bus so we will get the RTA pass and use the buses, monorail and tram there. He will drive us around 1 day so that will give us his "local" flavor. Thanks!

We did 6 days in Dubai pre cruise and got the 5 day deluxe ticket with Big Bus. This had some extra tours attached, but as our hotel was about 5-10 min walk from the Mall of Emirates (start of blue and green routes) it was handy to use the bus as 'transport' in getting round the city. We also got a 40AED silver NOL card on arrival at the airport, so you can just use whichever (HOHO or NOL or a combination) to get round the city. Even used the RTA taxis, which are cheap and fairly efficient too.

We had 4 days in Singapore and got the 2 day HOHO ticket which was ample for us. We also had the 3 day Singapore tourist pass which gave unlimited travel on metro and buses. You even get SIN$10 back on it! We redeemed it at the airport metro station. Bear in mind that the climate in both cities is quite different. In Dubai it was hot, but dry...we had no problems being out sightseeing all day. However, in S'pore it was very humid...draining! We went out in the morning, came back to our hotel around lunchtime and chilled in the A/C, then out again around 5 for the evening when the city comes alive!

We considered Big Bus for Muscat, but didn't pre buy the tickets. They had a booth and pick up dockside. However, we thought it was very expensive for the 2 hour trip, so didn't use the HOHO there. The price was only slightly cheaper than the 5 day ticket in Dubai.

Simon

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 9:00 AM, tedandandy said:

Tours in Surabaya, Java, Indonesia

WE will be here on our cruise in March 2020. Does anyone have any suggestions for locals tours. Ship is in port from 7am till 4pm.

Thanks

Jane

I hope you've posted this separately, since your request is lost in a thread about Singapore.