Virgin Voyages

Splinter

Has anyone seen the new Virgin Voyages cruise line, which is starting service from Miami starting the spring of 2020?  They are doing pricing by the cabin, not per passenger, so solos may have a great opportunity to get a single-supplement-free cruise. Limited itinerary so far (Cuba and Yucatan), but they also offer free Wifi, no tips, and non-alcoholic beverages.  I'm going to keep my eye on this.

8 hours ago, Splinter said:

Has anyone seen the new Virgin Voyages cruise line, which is starting service from Miami starting the spring of 2020?  They are doing pricing by the cabin, not per passenger, so solos may have a great opportunity to get a single-supplement-free cruise. Limited itinerary so far (Cuba and Yucatan), but they also offer free Wifi, no tips, and non-alcoholic beverages.  I'm going to keep my eye on this.

This looks like a 100% single supplement to me.  If the cabin is $2,000,  solo would pay that amount.  2 people in the cabin would be $1,000 each. 

I am only looking at the solo room. Where a couple would pay 1750 for a seaview cabin at 875 apiece, id pay 975 for a seaview solo. Im okay with that,  and i dont need to find someone to share with.  Not that id want to.  

7 hours ago, roswellcruiser1 said:

This looks like a 100% single supplement to me.  If the cabin is $2,000,  solo would pay that amount.  2 people in the cabin would be $1,000 each. 

I am only looking at the solo room. Where a couple would pay 1750 for a seaview cabin at 875 apiece, id pay 975 for a seaview solo. Im okay with that,  and i dont need to find someone to share with.  Not that id want to.  

I don't see a currency on the site, but assume it is US$. The cheapest I see for 1 'sailor' is $1200 pre tax for 4 nights.  That is more than $300 a night which isn't any price deal.  2 people in a cabin are $2,150, so paying $1075.  Still a single supplement, but smaller than some lines.  If this is the cruise line for you, then the SS is lower, but the per day cost is high (in my book).  But I am also the wrong demographic.

Edited by mef_57

Unfortunately, I will not get to try this new cruise line. I don't have any interest in short cruises. Must be 10 or more days. When Virgin's second ship debuts, maybe longer itineraries will become available.

I read that only adults are allowed on Virgin so certain solos may like that.

Edited by IrieBajan54
correction
  • Like 1

I'm considering it.  10 days is definitely too long for me.  5 to 7 days is fine with me and they have 5 day ones and adults only is definitely enticing.  What does everyone else think?  I just wish there were some in the fall or winter months but I'm still thinking about it.  I'm looking at a solo cabin.  

Edited by Shadygap

1 hour ago, Shadygap said:

I'm considering it.  10 days is definitely too long for me.  5 to 7 days is fine with me and they have 5 day ones and adults only is definitely enticing.  What does everyone else think?  I just wish there were some in the fall or winter months but I'm still thinking about it.  I'm looking at a solo cabin.  

I see bookings through October, so you can book for fall. I just booked a solo inside for the birthday bash in july. Pricey, but im excited! Hoping a seaview becomes available. I think this will be great for solos as it seems to aim for a very social, fun loving demographic. Look at sept/oct for solos around $1000.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, doll80 said:

I see bookings through October, so you can book for fall. I just booked a solo inside for the birthday bash in july. Pricey, but im excited! Hoping a seaview becomes available. I think this will be great for solos as it seems to aim for a very social, fun loving demographic. Look at sept/oct for solos around $1000.

Thank you.  I just looked at the bookings at in Sept and Oct.  Have cruises booked next month and one in November.  Trying to decide whether to book another one already.  I definitely want to try one of these adult only voyages.  Some of the fall ones are not that pricey.  

21 hours ago, doll80 said:

Hi Doll,

I've booked a seaview solo for the birthday bash.  I actually just looked and a seaview solo has opened up...I hope you are able to grab it today!  I would guarantee that it was on a 24 hour hold which dropped off.

I'll actually be turning 40 onboard, and between me and friends...we have five cabins booked thus far.  It should be an amazing time, due to the theme (with Richard being onboard).  I expect it to be filled with a few extra events / perks.

Jonathan

3 hours ago, B747Purdue said:

Hi Doll,

I've booked a seaview solo for the birthday bash.  I actually just looked and a seaview solo has opened up...I hope you are able to grab it today!  I would guarantee that it was on a 24 hour hold which dropped off.

I'll actually be turning 40 onboard, and between me and friends...we have five cabins booked thus far.  It should be an amazing time, due to the theme (with Richard being onboard).  I expect it to be filled with a few extra events / perks.

Jonathan

Funny I checked my email and saw your post after I snagged that room! I was lazing in bed, late for work, and thought "Why don't I check? You never know!" I saw one was open, and I put a 24hr hold. I was so nervous bc I forgot my password, but it let me hold with my email and info. I got it! Thanks for looking out!

It's nearly twice what I wanted to spend to be honest. I'm not into celebrities per se, so I'm not sure this is worth it for me. I hope they announce what is so special about the bday bash in particular. In the meantime, keeping my eye open for other Ronson dates that may be less expensive with solo rooms. I feel lucky that I got the solo seaview this early so at least I have something in place! I didn't realize there are only 6 on the ship.