Balcony Guarantee What Cabin Did You End Up With

stalco

5 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Who did you ask "for a boardwalk room if possible"...I was unaware you could give your preference for a guarantee??

When we called and booked. We were booking the “we choose your room” option for balcony and told her we preferred boardwalk over Central Park if possible.  We knew it wasn’t a for sure thing.  We didn’t know which one we would get, and would have been fine with CP, but we were happy to get BW.  

When we did gty we requested a neighborhood balcony and preferably CP.  We got deck 12 middle of CP.  Our balcony was great.  We always had ocean view balconies but decided to try something new. I never thought I would like it.   I loved it.  I enjoy people watching now instead of starring at the ocean.  

• Like 1

Thanks to all who have replied on this thread it helped me I think we cruise in 68 days and have a guarantee on a Suite since the prices went so low yeah for me and it only cost a few hundred more for us to switch from a balcony I have a muster station, and did the decoded pass barcode and if it is correct we will be really happy with location and non-connecting room, it matched our class of suite and the muster station that is showing on the setsail.  When it gets assigned I will let you all know if it is correct.

I booked a GTY balcony for my May 2020 Oasis cruise. I just looked at my SetSail Pass in the RCL app and it says Deck 14 but my stateroom still says GTY. Is the deck 14 just a place holder until they assign me a room or will I definitely be on that deck? Thanks

On 2/23/2020 at 9:25 AM, doones2 said:

When we did gty we requested a neighborhood balcony and preferably CP.  We got deck 12 middle of CP.  Our balcony was great.  We always had ocean view balconies but decided to try something new. I never thought I would like it.   I loved it.  I enjoy people watching now instead of starring at the ocean.  

Us too!  A couple of years ago we had a Crown Loft on Oasis, one of the ones facing the back of the ship. We loved it!  Watched a few intense games of dodgeball on the basketball court lol. 😂

6318 on Mariner. Apex hump balcony, not sure how I got that lucky, but I'll take it. I booked June 2019 for an April 2020 sailing and it was assigned early September 2019. Doesn't jive with most experiences I read about, but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. 

15 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

6318 on Mariner. Apex hump balcony, not sure how I got that lucky, but I'll take it. I booked June 2019 for an April 2020 sailing and it was assigned early September 2019. Doesn't jive with most experiences I read about, but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. 

Nice! Congrats.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jellal said:

Hmm..it’s a connecting room. Can I call to have it changed to a non connecting room or do I have to wait until it shows up on my setsail pass?

Very unlikely you can change until you are officially assigned - RCI wants to cut down on cabin moves and this method prevents that. 

Just now, Biker19 said:

Very unlikely you can change until you are officially assigned - RCI wants to cut down on cabin moves and this method prevents that. 

Darn...ok thanks for all the help! I think I’ve asked enough questions for one night lol

10 minutes ago, Jellal said:

Darn...ok thanks for all the help! I think I’ve asked enough questions for one night lol

I am pretty sure, if they let you move, you will only get to move to a cabin that is in the same catagory as the one you are originally assigned.

2 hours ago, Canmilitarywife said:

Mine said deck 10 for weeks then I was assigned a ocean view balcony on deck 10

Just got assigned our g,tee balcony back to back cruise 12 days out, 1st week got a 1b spacious balcony midship, 2nd week got a 2d large balcony midship 2 decks apart. Not the same cabin for both weeks but not a big deal, can soon move suitcase down 2 decks and will kinda feel like starting a new holiday. Very happy.

Jazz