Balcony Guarantee What Cabin Did You End Up With

stalco

We booked a JS Guarantee on the Explorer in January - sailing out of Southampton on May 31st.  We just got a cabin assigned - Deck 7 aft with obstructed view.   Don't think we will try the guarantee route again even though it saved several hundred dollars.

On 5/24/2019 at 2:38 PM, dmmjclarke said:

We booked a JS Guarantee on the Explorer in January - sailing out of Southampton on May 31st.  We just got a cabin assigned - Deck 7 aft with obstructed view.   Don't think we will try the guarantee route again even though it saved several hundred dollars.

I have heard you can try to move to a different cabin within the same 'category'.  I can tell you we had an aft cabin on Mariner and it was slightly obstructed (and we chose the cabin since it was the very end of the aft section), but being on the aft, made up for it....so maybe don't fret about it, either.

Edited by Paulette3028
  • Like 1

My daughter  just decided to join us  on the June  2nd  sailing  on  the  Allure  so she booked  this past Friday  May 24th .   She chose  balcony  guarantee  and was given  her cabin  assignment  today May 25th .   She  was  given  cabin  6714 which  is  directly  across  the  hall  from  the back of Johnny   Rockets .   We think  this is  a  good  selection ,  of course  we haven't  sailed  yet.  I did post a question  about the  noise  level  there and every one  who answered  said they experienced  zero  problems .  Fingers  crossed ! 

19 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Got 12302 on the August 29th Anthem sail.  Not too far from the CL which I'm hoping to take advantage as a D+, unless RCL changes the rules.:classic_biggrin:

We are sailing with you on Anthem....it will be nice to meet, if we can....we are in 8572.   I did not realize that we could use the CL as D+, which we are also.

7 hours ago, jjtt said:

We are on Anthem in August and have not received our cabin number yet. I keep checking daily. 

When I made final payment last week, I asked the agent when will the cabin be assigned.  He told me that it was already assigned.  I went back to the cruise planner and I could not see the cabin number.  I curiously, clicked on the "view more details" and lo and behold the cabin # showed up. 

Did you follow up with RCL or try clicking on the line that I mentioned.

Ps.  Have a good cruise, I know I will.:classic_biggrin:

7 hours ago, nelblu said:

When I made final payment last week, I asked the agent when will the cabin be assigned.  He told me that it was already assigned.  I went back to the cruise planner and I could not see the cabin number.  I curiously, clicked on the "view more details" and lo and behold the cabin # showed up. 

Did you follow up with RCL or try clicking on the line that I mentioned.

Ps.  Have a good cruise, I know I will.:classic_biggrin:

No, I did not. Thanks nelblu for that advice. I will go check now. 

On 5/25/2019 at 6:02 PM, Paulette3028 said:

I have heard you can try to move to a different cabin within the same 'category'.  I can tell you we had an aft cabin on Mariner and it was slightly obstructed (and we chose the cabin since it was the very end of the aft section), but being on the aft, made up for it....so maybe don't fret about it, either.

Thanks Paulette3028, we did call to see if there was any other available and there weren't.  I have been on the aft on the Navigator and enjoyed it - although deck 9 - and I am sure we will be fine.  That being said, the day before we got assigned the guarantee cabin, I tore my MCL and was praying to the booking gods that we did not get an aft cabin.   Tried the Royal Up to see if we could upgrade, but the cruise is completely sold out and leaving Friday from Southampton.  On the bright side - cruising is better than working for 9 days.

And Biker19 - thank you for the welcome!  😃

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2019 at 1:27 PM, jjtt said:

Just checked and it says it is being modified. By the way, there are many more cabins in all categories available. Maybe that's why its not assigned yet. 

We are on this sailing.  Give RCI a call and ask for your cabin number.    Our online account seapass only shows the muster station and the "more details" shows balcony GTY.   I called RCI and they told me the cabin number.   I asked if the assignment is final and she said yes.  It's a D2 on deck 11 mid-aft area.  

4 hours ago, AnnaNicole said:

We are on this sailing.  Give RCI a call and ask for your cabin number.    Our online account seapass only shows the muster station and the "more details" shows balcony GTY.   I called RCI and they told me the cabin number.   I asked if the assignment is final and she said yes.  It's a D2 on deck 11 mid-aft area.  

I booked with a TA and called them this past weekend. I was told RCI has not assigned us a cabin yet. There still are many more cabins available. If we don't receive it by this weekend I will call them again. Thanks!  I don't know if it is better to wait or try and get one now? See you on board. 

Edited by jjtt

14 hours ago, jjtt said:

I booked with a TA and called them this past weekend. I was told RCI has not assigned us a cabin yet. There still are many more cabins available. If we don't receive it by this weekend I will call them again. Thanks!  I don't know if it is better to wait or try and get one now? See you on board. 

I booked with a TA, but RCI told me my cabin number when I called.    Balcony cabins on this sailing only show availability for 3 or 4 passengers, so that may be why some balcony GTYs have been assigned.

My booking online does not show the cabin assignment nor does my setsail pass.  

Edited by AnnaNicole

18 hours ago, george35 said:

On the HARMONY in Sept on a B/B & just got cabin10132, my wife & I are both in our 80s & we are a long way from any elevators & not looking forward to the long walks.

Ask your TA to call and change it to an available cabin in a more convenient location in the same category. 

I booked an interior cabin on the Anthem for a cruise on May23 (last week basically), back in January. Kept watching prices drop..decided to "take the chance" on a balcony guarantee as the price for those went lower than what I booked the interior for.

We were assigned 6552 about 30 days out...no other "upgrades" were available I was told...but we were VERY happy with that cabin....we were forward of the lifeboats, so NOT an obstructed view.

36 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

I booked with a TA, but RCI told me my cabin number when I called. 

Quite unusual for RCI to talk to you when booked via TA and also to tell you a cabin # for a GTY booking when it doesn't show elsewhere.

53 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Quite unusual for RCI to talk to you when booked via TA and also to tell you a cabin # for a GTY booking when it doesn't show elsewhere.

Really?  I said "Can I give you my reservation number? I have a couple of questions about my reservation."   She said "Yes.  I see, this is a group booking."   I asked my cabin number - she told me.   I asked if it would be changed or if it was a final assignment - she said it is final.   I told her my pre-paid gratuities perk does not show anywhere online - she told me to call my TA and ask for an invoice.   I thanked her and hung up.   She was super helpful and friendly.

(She did ask me a few verification questions about the reservation - name, ship/date, traveling companion name.)

Edited by AnnaNicole