Balcony Guarantee What Cabin Did You End Up With

stalco

13 hours ago, dagadget said:

We have booked Harmony on March 15th so we will be interested in hearing just how your GTE turns out.

I’ll post an update as soon as I receive my assignment 😊 

• Like 1

First time ever in our long history of cruising did we book a balcony GTE on our Adventure cruise for 2/23/20.  When we get our cabin assignment, I will let everyone know.   We have spoken about doing it, but this was the first time, it was available to do on a sailing we were going on.....so we took the plunge.

We just did a last minute on Navigator for 6/28/19 and finally yesterday got our balcony.  We normally do not go that far forward, but are okay with it.  We are not in our cabin much anyway, and since it was last minute (which we normally do not do) we are all good.

• 2 weeks later...

Ovation of the Seas- when we booked, I mentioned obstructed to the agent & they said no obstructed available....hmmmmmm, ok, we booked a  guarantee. We gambled and I think it was a positive this time, 7254

33 minutes ago, BLAMBKY said:

Ovation of the Seas- when we booked, I mentioned obstructed to the agent & they said no obstructed available....hmmmmmm, ok, we booked a  guarantee. 

When you book a GTY you could get anything, you can't go by availability showing online. 

8 hours ago, Kayla103 said:

Still waiting for our assignment for our fall cruise. But, I did get our muster station so a general idea of the area of the ship (forward to mid) that we'll be. Still have a ways to go yet though. 

Something similar happened to me. I have a guarantee  balcony for August 9 sailing and I don’t have a cabin yet but it says D 24 Muster Station on my set sail pass.  How can they assign you a muster station and not assign you a cabin? 

1 minute ago, Marie51 said:

Something similar happened to me. I have a guarantee  balcony for August 9 sailing and I don’t have a cabin yet but it says D 24 Muster Station on my set sail pass.  How can they assign you a muster station and not assign you a cabin? 

My guess is that they have assigned the stateroom, but no longer want to give the exact number, because people will want to change.  I think this is their way of preventing guarantee stateroom changes.  Plus, it gives them some flexibility.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marie51 said:

Try clicking on "view more details".  That is what I did to get the assigned GTY cabin for my upcoming Anthem Aug. cruise.  The cabin # was not showing up but the RCL agent gave me the assigned #.  So I just clicked on the details and the cabin # was 12302 jumped in my face.

Had to go to the same process to identify to get the cabin # for my kids that are linked to my reservations.

Edited by nelblu

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Try clicking on "view more details".  That is what I did to get the assigned GTY cabin for my upcoming Anthem Aug. cruise.  The cabin # was not showing up but the RCL agent gave me the assigned #.  So I just clicked on the details and the cabin # was 12302 jumped in my face.

Had to go to the same process to identify to get the cabin # for my kids that are linked to my reservations.

I tried clicking on “view more details “ and all it says is gty. Then I called and the RCL agent just said they have not assigned a cabin yet.

4 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

So, when you are finally assigned a cabin number, do you get an email to find that out, or does it show up when you log in on the Royal site, or you just have to call to find out?

It will show up on Royal's website when you look at your booking.  No email.

13 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

My guess is that they have assigned the stateroom, but no longer want to give the exact number, because people will want to change.  I think this is their way of preventing guarantee stateroom changes.  Plus, it gives them some flexibility.

It's silly, but I understand it. I even asked my TA yesterday if they had assigned our room since we had a muster station and he said no. So, who knows. 

I have a gty balcony for the September 29th sailing on the Allure.  Is there any reason why some October sailings for gty balconies have been assigned but not for September?  Wondering if it could have anything to do with the ship.

2 minutes ago, doones2 said:

... Is there any reason why some October sailings for gty balconies have been assigned but not for September?   ...

Probably, but it's not something the cruise line will publicly share.

I have a neighborhood balcony GTY for the August 2019 sailing on the Oasis.  I already got deck number from eDoc and muster station.  However, no assigned stateroom showed yet.  The interesting thing is that my friends booked an inside GTY later than us.  They already got the assigned stateroom.  Still inside cabin, no upgrade for them though. 

Just checked my sea pass and it now says deck 12. Muster D03. I had checked it earlier today and there was no info.  It’s more than I knew yesterday.  I’ll keep checking for actual room #.  I have a feeling it’s probably a neighborhood balcony which is fine with me

On 7/10/2019 at 7:24 AM, Kayla103 said:

Still waiting for our assignment for our fall cruise. But, I did get our muster station so a general idea of the area of the ship (forward to mid) that we'll be. Still have a ways to go yet though. 

How do you know or find what cabins report to the muster stations to figure that out?   Sailing on HOS if helpful.  Thanks! 

38 minutes ago, tvlworm said:

How do you know or find what cabins report to the muster stations to figure that out?   Sailing on HOS if helpful.  Thanks! 

Someone here will tell you.

I have not seen any public distribution of muster station plans from the cruise line, but some here have either had the experience or have found a map someplace.