Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
stalco

Balcony Guarantee What Cabin Did You End Up With

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, ResearchObsessed said:

 

I think maybe a few weeks ago? I noticed I have edocs on my account. Deck number is listed there under the room number which still says GTY. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I have a balcony gty on Mariner leaving in three weeks… August 9… And still do not have a cabin assignment yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my cabin assignment: 1384 on Liberty of the Seas, deck 10. Got the assignment 30 days out. Anyone have an opinion on location? Seems nice to be higher up. 

 

Let the countdown begin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ResearchObsessed said:

Just got my cabin assignment: 1384 on Liberty of the Seas, deck 10. Got the assignment 30 days out. Anyone have an opinion on location? Seems nice to be higher up. 

 

Let the countdown begin!

 

We try to avoid the deck that is directly under the pool deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be my second cruise ever, this time I booked Balcony GTY. The price was huge savings. This being my second cruise ever didn’t realize you could get a crappy view. After reading these forums I’ve realized this. I also figure I only basically sleep and get ready in my room, so I’m not stressing. I have hopes tho that we may get a decent one. I only booked my cruise in June for March 2019. Still no deck or room assignment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 6:02 PM, Paulette3028 said:

I have heard you can try to move to a different cabin within the same 'category'.  I can tell you we had an aft cabin on Mariner and it was slightly obstructed (and we chose the cabin since it was the very end of the aft section), but being on the aft, made up for it....so maybe don't fret about it, either.

Paulette,   sorry for taking so long to get back to you.  Haven't been on cc until now as we just booked our cruise next year to Greece and Turkey.   We tried for another cabin, but were told they were all full up.  We did get used to the structure - other than taking photos, it did not disappoint at all.  The problem was with my MCL - I started getting envious of the older people with motorized wheelchairs and scooters.   

 

Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cruise planner now lists our cabin assignment for our March 1, Harmony sailing.  Was surprised to receive it 120 days out!  Ended up with CP #10593.  We elected to keep the perks, is the wine and casino lessons interchangeable with the soda or rock wall by chance?  This is our first time on Royal and an Oasis class ship.   Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tvlworm said:

Cruise planner now lists our cabin assignment for our March 1, Harmony sailing.  Was surprised to receive it 120 days out!  Ended up with CP #10593.  We elected to keep the perks, is the wine and casino lessons interchangeable with the soda or rock wall by chance?  This is our first time on Royal and an Oasis class ship.   Thanks! 

 

They have not allowed substitutions on the CP perks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks probably to the Royal Up nonsense, we are 15 days before sail away on the Anthem and don’t have an assignment yet for our balcony.   For those that end up getting to port without a cabin assignment, do all the porters have a manifest? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CruiseKeeper said:

For those that end up getting to port without a cabin assignment, do all the porters have a manifest? 

Yes. Does your Setsail pass show any deck and/or muster station?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes. Does your Setsail pass show any deck and/or muster station?

 

Nope.   I’m thinking a phone call is in order.  Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CruiseKeeper said:

   I’m thinking a phone call is in order. 

Not sure that would help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 7:01 PM, CruiseKeeper said:

Thanks probably to the Royal Up nonsense, we are 15 days before sail away on the Anthem and don’t have an assignment yet for our balcony.   For those that end up getting to port without a cabin assignment, do all the porters have a manifest? 

 We have the sailing nov 16 on Anthem, not yet been assigned to any cabin, booked balcony guarantee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the cabin number today: 8566, not so happy about being right where the elevator traffic is, people coming home late, tend to be standing around there to say goodby to others, had a not so good experience similar location on Symphony, prefer far end of the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sbtagent said:

Got the cabin number today: 8566, not so happy about being right where the elevator traffic is, people coming home late, tend to be standing around there to say goodby to others, had a not so good experience similar location on Symphony, prefer far end of the ship.

 

Hey got ours as well!  Booked obstructed guarantee.  We are in 6670, are pretty obstructed, 2 floors above the smoking bus stop and are about 12 doors from the elevators.  We prefer elevator area but we can’t complain, we got such a deal on this cabin and they even threw in free grats.  So, only complaint is with how long the assignment took.  See you soon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked in a GTY cabin on Adventure in February....but still no cabin assignment.  I am sure we will get one.  Seems assignment are all over the place in timeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Canmilitarywife said:

We have GTY balcony for our cruise in March, it’s paid in full but still no assigned cabin.

Our February cruise w/GTY balcony has been paid off for weeks, but no assignment yet.  I am sure it will come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My sister booked a month before me but did not receive her cabin assignment until a month after I got mine. She is on Deck 7 Port Mid-ship. I booked later and was assigned Deck 6 Port Aft... waay aft, lol! She seemed to get the better location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sailing Dec 16 on the Navigator.  Still don't have our room assignment for our standard balcony.  Cruise docs says deck 6 right now, nothing else though.  Will keep checking!

 

Edit: Set Sail says Muster D21

Edited by Cruisin_n_Boozin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went back into the guarantee pool again today for our March Harmony cruise.   We originally booked the neighborhood balcony guarantee and were recently assigned a Central Park view on deck 10. 
 

Saw yesterday that rates dropped a bit. We were already paid in full, RCCL agent said the only thing they could do was upgrade to an oceanview balcony guarantee with $75 OBC, which I happily accepted! I’m excited to see where and what room we end up with this time 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tvlworm said:

Went back into the guarantee pool again today for our March Harmony cruise.   We originally booked the neighborhood balcony guarantee and were recently assigned a Central Park view on deck 10. 
 

Saw yesterday that rates dropped a bit. We were already paid in full, RCCL agent said the only thing they could do was upgrade to an oceanview balcony guarantee with $75 OBC, which I happily accepted! I’m excited to see where and what room we end up with this time 🙂 

 

You will enjoy that oceanview balcony and probably never go back to a neighborhood balcony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tvlworm said:

Went back into the guarantee pool again today for our March Harmony cruise.

Not sure if it's still possible but some time ago some folks reported being able to ask to be put back into the GTY pool on their existing reservation/category - you upgraded, slightly different thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...