Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

Let’s see what we can dig up on Summit Revolution. 

I thought she was heading to Dry Dock today but just filed plans show she is heading to Port Everglades arriving on 16th     Unless this is incorrect. 

8BE6DEAC-7274-4B60-85EB-EEA1C80C944E.thumb.png.316bfd00ca384ae36a12dfa12cef29af.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

Just did a search of Port Everglades Arrivals and Departures and it is showing she will be arriving on the 16 at 20:30 and departing for Freeport, Grand Bahamas on the 17th at 04:00.

Wonder if it was more cost effective to drop off crew that will not stay with the ship for Dry Dock.

519634415_FLLSchedule.thumb.jpg.c330c73078dfcc69adb91f88559f2e73.jpg

1 minute ago, vermonter16 said:

Huh....I am out of the loop.  Is she supposed to be in dry dock already?

Her final cruise ended today in San Juan -- and she was going to dry dock.  Didn't know about her little side trip.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vermonter16 said:

Apparently she will be in dry dock in March in the Bahamas.  That's what I read on another thread.

Her first cruise will be March 23 after Revolution.    I would presume she will need at least a month if similar to Millennium. 

2 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

My guess it was more cost effective to have her sail back to Florida to take on the dry dock supplies than it was to ship to San Juan or Freeport.

Could be.  Tight turnaround as she is only in port for about 8 hours. 

13 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

My guess it was more cost effective to have her sail back to Florida to take on the dry dock supplies than it was to ship to San Juan or Freeport.

I wonder if the Bahamas is like Bermuda.  Shipping to Bermuda incurs a heart stopping tax.

In my boating days we used to get around it by registering with Customs as a “yacht in transit”.  Then we had a specific date we had to leave or ....... 33% of the cost of goods was collected in tax.

if something like this happens in the Bahamas, that’s a very good reason to fill the Summit with as much material as possible.

31 minutes ago, MichLeBlanc said:

Thanks for sharing Jim_lain....I am also following her voyage since we will be sailing on the Summit on April 6.  I thought she was already in dry dock today but guess not.  As always, love reading the posts on here and find out what's going on!!

I was thinking she was in dry dock today also until I saw her filed plans yesterday.   Fun to watch.   Hope some of the crew and workers post pictures once in Dry Dock.   It is always exciting to watch her being restored to her glory.

• Like 1

I can't wait and will be following along. The Summit is our favorite ship. We will taking our fifth trip with her on May 5th.  It may very well be our last, with the new itinerary  :classic_sad: , but we'll decide later.

Thank you Jim for keeping this going !

Edited by bboop51

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was thinking she was in dry dock today also until I saw her filed plans yesterday.   Fun to watch.   Hope some of the crew and workers post pictures once in Dry Dock.   It is always exciting to watch her being restored to her glory.

Hi Jim

Are you seeing those pics on a website or instagram?

Appreciate the info on the revoltings as they happen

59 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Hi Jim

Are you seeing those pics on a website or instagram?

Appreciate the info on the revoltings as they happen

On Millennium I was finding most of the pictures on Instagram and some on Facebook.   So far nothing has been posted on Summit.   Many of the pictures were being posted by Captain Alex and Staff Captain Wendy.   There were also a number of them posted by the Cruise Director and Shore Excursion Manager. 

Hopefully we will get some during Summit's dry dock.