Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Love to hear your different perspective.    We have probably the opposite perspective.   Unfortunately for us they took the Murano style restaurant off the ship and only have Tuscan and Qsine.   Even when we have unlimited free specialty dining we usually don't bother.

You are not alone, I love  Murano too.  Tuscan has been sometimes good, sometimes not.  The only time I really enjoyed Quine was with a big group but I know that had to do with the company rather than the food. 

I wonder why the back end of Summit is painted slightly different than Millie?  They painted Millie a little higher with the blue and all the trim around the dining room windows blue as well.

Edited by Xcelsior

6 hours ago, fedexretiree said:

Does anyone know if Celebrity kept the grill at the back area of the buffet by the Sunset Bar?  Hopefully they didn't remove it.  

We were on Summit last month, the last cruise before dry dock.  I don't remember a grill by the Sunset Bar.  The grill was by the pool.  There was a food station at the very back of the Oceanview Cafe but I don't think it was a grill.  It was inside the cafe.  Is that what you're referring to?  The pizza and pasta stations were just around the corners.

8 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

We were on Summit last month, the last cruise before dry dock.  I don't remember a grill by the Sunset Bar.  The grill was by the pool.  There was a food station at the very back of the Oceanview Cafe but I don't think it was a grill.  It was inside the cafe.  Is that what you're referring to?  The pizza and pasta stations were just around the corners.

Yes I'm Referring to the food station

at the back of the ocean view cafe right before you walked out the door to the sunset bar they had a grill there where they would make you minute steaks, chicken and fish to order every night or in the morning you could get your omelets made there.  I'm hoping after the refurbishment of the ship that they haven't removed that area.

18 hours ago, FLbeachbaby said:

Elaineb- do you mind sharing your Aqua upgrade offer ? I Thought the upgrade prices were high...

Sox Fan- We're in a Sky suite (S1) so I'll definitely get a pic for you.

Here it is.  It was a sliding scale and you could offer as low as $50 per person and it was not per day.

image.thumb.png.ce6a4d98a6e1ee4662396dadda185b52.png

21 hours ago, avrey97 said:

We’ll also be on the post dry dock cruise, so there will be lots of live updates from us as well. We’ve booked a Concierge SV. Can’t wait! 

Have they relabeled the Concierge categories.  Last I booked a Concierge they were C-1,2 &3?

12 hours ago, ecslady said:

You are not alone, I love  Murano too.  Tuscan has been sometimes good, sometimes not.  The only time I really enjoyed Quine was with a big group but I know that had to do with the company rather than the food. 

Normandie on Summit was our absolute Celebrity favorite!  Not a big Tuscan fan as we find it inconsistent.  To be fair, our last Summit cruise (Aug '18), Tuscan was pretty good.

9 minutes ago, fedexretiree said:

Yes I'm Referring to the food station

at the back of the ocean view cafe right before you walked out the door to the sunset bar they had a grill there where they would make you minute steaks, chicken and fish to order every night or in the morning you could get your omelets made there.  I'm hoping after the refurbishment of the ship that they haven't removed that area.

Ah ok.  We never ate there at dinner so I didn't know they made steaks to order.  On our cruise, the omelets were made at the pasta station (and maybe the pizza station too but I'm not sure about that).  

4 hours ago, elaineb said:

Here it is.  It was a sliding scale and you could offer as low as $50 per person and it was not per day.

image.thumb.png.ce6a4d98a6e1ee4662396dadda185b52.png

We're in an S1 (sky suite) and paid around $4000 for 2 people. Our MINIMUM bids were $350pp/500pp/750pp for the next 3 highest cat's much less a bid that ranked as fair or good. I feel like your minimums are better and it's only a 5 night so we also passed and am happy with our S1.

On 3/14/2019 at 12:28 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Love to hear your different perspective.    We have probably the opposite perspective.   Unfortunately for us they took the Murano style restaurant off the ship and only have Tuscan and Qsine.   Even when we have unlimited free specialty dining we usually don't bother.

Jim

Are you under the impression that Murano will disappear for all ships? It was our hands down fave and we could easily eat there several nights in a week.

Without Murano we are far less likely to buy a Specialty dining package

40 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Jim

Are you under the impression that Murano will disappear for all ships? It was our hands down fave and we could easily eat there several nights in a week.

Without Murano we are far less likely to buy a Specialty dining package

I don't think they will remove from S-Class ships.  Just my opinon.

All of the Murano Style restaurants have already been removed from the M-Class ships,  which in my humble opinion was a major mistake.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

All of the Murano Style restaurants have already been removed from the M-Class ships,  which in my humble opinion was a major mistake.

I agree 100%.  I've tried Tuscan 3 times and each time it was a disappointment.  I don't bother any more.  Not even when it's free to me.  Luminae is a much better experience.  Tuscan is definitely not an improvement over the previous restaurants.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

I think they made a huge mistake in removing the Murano style restaurants from the M class ships.  If the remove them from the S class, what would they replace them with?  I'm heartened to see that Murano's is still showing on the updated deck plans for Equinox.

• Like 3

On 3/15/2019 at 6:16 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I don't think they will remove from S-Class ships.  Just my opinon.

Count me in as somebody that truly enjoyed the cuisine and ambience of the Murano styled restaurants on M-Class ships.

I also thought it was a mistake when I heard about this change being rolled out.  Because of it, I have not purchased a Specialty Dining package when cruising on an M-Class ship.  Unless there would be new options of Specialty Dining added to M-Class ships, I won't be spending any time/money in those venues.

• Like 3

On 3/15/2019 at 6:24 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I agree 100%.  I've tried Tuscan 3 times and each time it was a disappointment.  I don't bother any more.  Not even when it's free to me.  Luminae is a much better experience.  Tuscan is definitely not an improvement over the previous restaurants.

Much like you, I have tried (and tired of) Tuscan Grille and their new menu that has been in effect for several years now. My experiences, both food and service, have been disappointing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, vulcan1971 said:

Much like you, I have tried (and tired of) Tuscan Grille and their new menu that has been in effect for several years now. My experiences, both food and service, have been disappointing.

Agree 100%     My exact same experience.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2019 at 9:57 PM, tbedard1 said:

I have been searching you tube also no videos I can find either! We sail on Summit 4/6 so I am excited to see the changes!

We are also on the 4/6 sailing.  It will be our first time on the Summit, but we have sailed the Constellation and the Millenium.  Looking forward to sailing so soon after the dry dock!

Is anybody out there sailing in a Penthouse Suite before 04/27?  I board then.  So frustrated that there are no actual photos of the Millenium Penthouse Suite in spite of the fact that it has been sailing for weeks.  Still the same old renderings on the Celebrity website.