Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

2 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Are you seriously suggesting that Celebrity removed the footstools from Concierge cabins but stored them all onboard in a handy empty storeroom just so if a passenger asked for one the steward could go retrieve one?

I apologize for responding and suggesting you ask your steward for a footstool.

Please disregard my suggestion.  You are probably right.  There are absolutely no footstools whatsoever on the ship.

However, as a regular Celebrity cruiser, I have had some wonderful stewards, and if there were no footstools available and I requested one, some of the stewards that I had would literally have built one for me. 

Maybe I just have that special type of charisma or magnanimous personality.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Finnrox said:

Unfortunately, you seem to be wholly unable to even consider the possibility that the changes are a net positive.  Every post that you have made on this thread is completely negative, and you are correct, both you and I have the right to an opinion on this matter.  I'm curious why you are even considering going on the Summit since you already hate it so much.  If your wailing and gnashing of teeth over the refurb is going to bother you so much, you really should look at canceling out those reservations that cost a lot of money (as you continually point out), and find another ship to enjoy.  Otherwise, I fear that you will be doomed to have a bad time, based solely on your preconceived notions based on grainy photos posted on a message board.

I do not hate the Summit.  If you would take the opportunity to review my signature, you might notice that I have sailed on her.  A lot.

As for "net positive," you perhaps have never sailed in the PH.  Those of us who have don't view this as net positive.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

2 hours ago, LA_CA_GAL said:

I apologize for responding and suggesting you ask your steward for a footstool.

Please disregard my suggestion.  You are probably right.  There are absolutely no footstools whatsoever on the ship.

However, as a regular Celebrity cruiser, I have had some wonderful stewards, and if there were no footstools available and I requested one, some of the stewards that I had would literally have built one for me. 

Maybe I just have that special type of charisma or magnanimous personality.

Sorry for the flack you're getting. Like you I believe the the steward or GS would be able to come up with a footstool or something suitable to accommodate this passenger's physical requirement to prop their foot up.

Edited by bkbarrym
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Littlegov said:

Helen, we were on in a suite on the EDGE, NO FOOT STOOL THERE EITHER.

I UNDERSTAND.

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I do not hate the Summit.  If you would take the opportunity to review my signature, you might notice that I have sailed on her.  A lot.

As for "net positive," you perhaps have never sailed in the PH.  Those of us who have don't view this as net positive.

9 hours ago, Hatteras51 said:

... We don't sail in suites, but do have a concierge cabin booked for our August cruise.  I booked concierge for two reasons. One is for the footstools on the balcony.  After ankle surgery,  it is helpful to prop my foot up after a long day in port. From what I've read, the footstools are gone. This is not a deal breaker.  I'll just take a beach ball to use to prop up my foot. ...

As a long time X cruiser, but rarely in suites, I understand and agree about the footstools. I totally missed them on Edge (had to improvise). And I will miss the footstools on upcoming X cruises as well. It is part of the reason I, too, book those cabins.  And, while a beach ball may serve the purpose, it just should not be. Maybe I'll just pile up all the KH pillows instead! 

While I have never had the opportunity to stay in the PH, I have been invited to the PH on various M & S class ships by friends, and I completely understand HappyCruiser6143 comments. The PH decor was traditional, but stylish.  From the pics I've seen after revolution, not so sure it will have the same ambience.  I, too, would be disappointed. More form over function decor.

I guess I will find out for myself what I think of the revolution updates when I sail this Fall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Yes, we all know that you have 21 days booked on the Summit!!  Have you been on her since the updates?  No, but you still continue to complain. :classic_huh:

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, ecslady said:

21 minutes ago, ecslady said:

As a long time X cruiser, but rarely in suites, I understand and agree about the footstools. I totally missed them on Edge (had to improvise). And I will miss the footstools on upcoming X cruises as well. It is part of the reason I, too, book those cabins.  And, while a beach ball may serve the purpose, it just should not be. Maybe I'll just pile up all the KH pillows instead! 

While I have never had the opportunity to stay in the PH, I have been invited to the PH on various M & S class ships by friends, and I completely understand HappyCruiser6143 comments. The PH decor was traditional, but stylish.  From the pics I've seen after revolution, not so sure it will have the same ambience.  I, too, would be disappointed. More form over function decor.

I guess I will find out for myself what I think of the revolution updates when I sail this Fall.

Thanks for your comments, Nancy.  Should you happen to sail on the Summit cruises to and from Dublin next year (August 2 and/or 16), we would be happy to invite you to the Hoppenized penthouse so you may form your own opinion.  And I too have used pillows to prop up my feet when footstools are not available.  So that's not such a radical idea.  Also the lifejackets in the basket on S class.  I don't always sail in the PH, only on special trips with friends.  In fact, I've sailed in every class of cabin from an inside to the PH, with the exception of a Celebrity Suite--we upgraded to a Royal Suite, so missed that experience. 

Sorry but I really do not understand the importance of footstools. I never use them. Most time they are just in your way and take away space especially on smaller balconies. If someone has healths issues I understand. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bkbarrym said:

Sorry for the flack you're getting. 

Thanx, but no need for concern.  

If I feel that I can offer a solution to a concern or problem, I will offer it.  How they take doesn't concern me.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LA_CA_GAL said:

If I feel that I can offer a solution to a concern or problem, I will offer it.  How they take doesn't concern me.

A suggestion is always welcome.  It was your opening comment, "geez" which came off condescending.  As I mentioned,  I've had ankle surgery and my ankle swells, which is why I will miss the footstool. I was trying to be overindulgent and pampered. As I said, I'll make do. Just try to be a little kinder to people when you respond.  A little kindness goes a long way.

Edited by Hatteras51
  • Like 3

Last Summer I sailed on Summit while recovering from a broken foot.  Just in case, I brought two fold up step stools, one of which came in handy for getting in and out of the tub/shower, and the other which I used as a foot stool in our Sky Suite when sitting on the small couch.  They took up very little room in my luggage.  I always travel with at least one fold up step stool; it's amazing how often it has come in handy.  Just a thought.

Edited by Water709
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Water709 said:

Last Summer I sailed on Summit while recovering from a broken foot.  Just in case, I brought two fold up step stools, one of which came in handy for getting in and out of the tub/shower, and the other which I used as a foot stool in our Sky Suite when sitting on the small couch.  They took up very little room in my luggage.  I always travel with at least one fold up step stool; it's amazing how often it has come in handy.  Just a thought.

That's a great idea.  Thanks, Walter. I'll look into that.

2 hours ago, Hatteras51 said:

A suggestion is always welcome.  It was your opening comment, "geez" which came off condescending.  As I mentioned,  I've had ankle surgery and my ankle swells, which is why I will miss the footstool. I was trying to be overindulgent and pampered. As I said, I'll make do. Just try to be a little kinder to people when you respond.  A little kindness goes a long way.

I meant to say that I was NOT trying to be overindulgent or pampered. It appears that I left out a word in my post. 

3 hours ago, LA_CA_GAL said:

Love your personality and attitude.    For those that see life as a glass half filled or half empty.   Remember it is refillable.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Love your personality and attitude.   

I have a problem with  complainers.  Find a solution, be happy.

Example, waiter pool service being slow.  I talk to one of the servers, find out his name, where he is from, family, conversation, whatever.  We then get to have an understanding that every 15 minutes he brings me a Coors light.

Once had a beach party, all inclusive.  But to get a beer, you had to walk to the hotel pool bar, which was up a hill.  Had a conversation with the manager, and we both agreed that it would be in both of our interests if there was a keg of beer on the beach.  He was happy, I was happy, and a lot of people on the beach were happy.

Yep.  I can be nasty.

Edited by LA_CA_GAL
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, LA_CA_GAL said:

I have a problem with  complainers.  Find a solution, be happy.

Example, waiter pool service being slow.  I talk to one of the servers, find out his name, where he is from, family, conversation, whatever.  We then get to have an understanding that every 15 minutes he brings me a Coors light.

Once had a beach party, all inclusive.  But to get a beer, you had to walk to the hotel pool bar, which was up a hill.  Had a conversation with the manager, and we both agreed that it would be in both of our interests if there was a keg of beer on the beach.  He was happy, I was happy, and a lot of people on the beach were happy.

Yep.  I can be nasty.

Best thing if you have a problem with complainers is surely to just ignore them, would that not be the best solution ?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, yorky said:

Best thing if you have a problem with complainers is surely to just ignore them, would that not be the best solution ?

I understand that certain complainers are not worth the time to provide a solution, however other readers might benefit from such suggestions.

Isn't that what CC is all about, helping OTHERS?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Yes, really.  Those of us who have paid a lot of money in the past to sail in the PH in the past and have current future reservations certainly have a right to our opinion as to the "upgrades."  I have no problem with upgrades if they are actually upgrades.  To tear out a dressing table area and provide no replacement is not an upgrade, in my view.  To replace a perfectly functional table on the deck with an Ikea wannabee and milk cartons for chairs is beyond belief.  If you had ever seen the elegant entry way with its gorgeous mosaic tile floor and beautiful wall, you would see that the Hoppenization is not an upgrade.  So, you are entitled to your opinion and so are the rest of us.  Since you have not yet sailed in the suite, I'm curious as to why you have such strong opinions and feel the rest of us have no right to valid opinions.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else. The criticism here is the fact that you haven’t even been in the new revolutionized PH suite and are slamming it. As someone else expressed, you have MANY PH bookings, so don't go on them if mosaic tile and milk cartons aren't your thing. Believe me, when I first booked our cruise summit looked like it used to,  with the piano and the dark wood, etc . And it was lovely. But I am embracing the new style and decorations with anticipation. I Refuse to let hooks and tchotchkes ruin a new adventure for me and my family

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Caliente Cruiser said:

Of course you are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else. The criticism here is the fact that you haven’t even been in the new revolutionized PH suite and are slamming it. As someone else expressed, you have MANY PH bookings, so don't go on them if mosaic tile and milk cartons aren't your thing. Believe me, when I first booked our cruise summit looked like it used to,  with the piano and the dark wood, etc . And it was lovely. But I am embracing the new style and decorations with anticipation. I Refuse to let hooks and tchotchkes ruin a new adventure for me and my family

Good for you.  Embrace the new style.  I'm glad you like it.  I reserve the right to my opinion.  And, actually, I don't have "MANY PH bookings," but that is really none of your business, is it.  I also reserve the right to book whatever class of accommodation suits my needs for a particular cruise.  So let's agree to disagree on all of this and move on.

3 hours ago, yorky said:

Nasty, sarcastic, so unnecessary. Glad your not on my cruise.