Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

31 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Where are you seeing that? I see a large rectangular table on each balcony. Looks like they could accommodate 6-8 chairs each. The tables that were there before were round and could accommodate 6 chairs, but really only 4 for eating comfortably without crowding.

Yes, Adam, you are correct. I was looking for the round table that accommodated 4 people.  But now, I do see that rectangular table up against the wall.  Guess I need new eyeglasses!   Apologies for my error.

I find the colors drab, too, would have preferred a more nautical theme.  But to each their own.  Have only seen renderings so waiting for actual pictures to see if it's really that  bad or not.  If needed, I can pack something with colors that I can temporarily  add to the room.  Maybe something with a nautical/color design which I can hang with magnets.  We drive to the port so don't have to worry about luggage space. 

On 2/14/2019 at 6:37 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Just did a search of Port Everglades Arrivals and Departures and it is showing she will be arriving on the 16 at 20:30 and departing for Freeport, Grand Bahamas on the 17th at 04:00.

Wonder if it was more cost effective to drop off crew that will not stay with the ship for Dry Dock.

519634415_FLLSchedule.thumb.jpg.c330c73078dfcc69adb91f88559f2e73.jpg

I recall YEARS ago Disney’s private Island was flattened in a hurricane (well, the peak of the island WAS 15’ above sealevel).  

For the next next few months as Castaway Cay was under construction their ships would deliver supplies from the states.

It must have been heartbreaking for the guests to be so close and not be able to go ashore.

I suspect the Summit was FULL of supplies for her refit.  Taxes to send those supplies over would be crushing.

1 hour ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

I find the colors drab, too, would have preferred a more nautical theme.  But to each their own.  Have only seen renderings so waiting for actual pictures to see if it's really that  bad or not.  If needed, I can pack something with colors that I can temporarily  add to the room.  Maybe something with a nautical/color design which I can hang with magnets.  We drive to the port so don't have to worry about luggage space. 

Well in our Sky Suite photos that's I've seen it looks like there's a picture of a life preserver bobbing in the ocean...I guess it's a nudge for those of us who hate the décor to take that plunge overboard! (just kidding!!) (maybe)

23 hours ago, gerelmx said:

The new decks plans are on X web page,  select from Apr 21, 2019 to Apr 15, 2020 to see the new ones

The new deck plans have errors, the 7th deck does not show the interior cabins even the acupuncture space and on the 8th and 9th deck only show 2 new interior cabins instead of 3.

On 2/20/2019 at 4:48 PM, WonderMan3 said:

If you look at the bedroom rendering again you'll see that while they have removed the big cabinets on either side of the bed, they have redone the closet so that there are shelves. It was just a hanging closet before with one long shelf above. Also, this rendering is not showing anything of the closet/dressing area between the bedroom and bathroom. So I'm sure there is still plenty of storage left.

I saw those silly shelves.  I preferred the previous layout with enclosed storage and a closet, thank you.  I do not share Kelly Hoppen's distain for drawers.  And given what I've seen of the redesign, I don't have faith that she won't have mucked up the dressing area as well.

Thank you for starting this thread!

New to Celebrity and can’t wait to hear all about this ship!

Also, the date drop down bar ( for stateroom) is not allowing me to see the 2019-2020 staterooms. I want to switch my current room to one of the new Oceanview staterooms. I was able to do it for a 2021 booking, but not for a 2020. Any advice?

The new deck plans are now shown if you go to do a mock booking on Celebrity's site. I was checking the pricing on my 2020 Iceland & Greenland transatlantic, and saw the new Interior cabins on decks 6, 7, 8, and 9 where the iLounge, Acupuncture, and Library spaces used to be.

I actually emailed my TA and requested a transfer to 7903 and 7905 on deck 7 where the Acupuncture room used to be. Wasn't totally thrilled with being right under the pool on deck 9, even without noise complaints, just because it's a bit higher up than I'd like to be. Now we're basically dead center on the ship (maybe a bit aft, but close enough), with passenger decks above and below. Yes, they're right where the elevator bank is but I'm OK with that. Been close to the elevators on Royal ships and never had sound leak problems through the door, so not particularly concerned with this case. Just glad I could snag that before anyone else might!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Aralim said:

I actually emailed my TA and requested a transfer to 7903 and 7905 on deck 7 where the Acupuncture room used to be. Wasn't totally thrilled with being right under the pool on deck 9, even without noise complaints, just because it's a bit higher up than I'd like to be. Now we're basically dead center on the ship (maybe a bit aft, but close enough), with passenger decks above and below. Yes, they're right where the elevator bank is but I'm OK with that. Been close to the elevators on Royal ships and never had sound leak problems through the door, so not particularly concerned with this case. Just glad I could snag that before anyone else might!

Our cabin was right across from the elevator and stairs and I never heard any noise from the hallway.  I think you'll like deck 7 better.  The balconies on deck 9 have a big overhang from the pool deck above that blocks the view a bit.

Love the new FRESH colors, drab to some fresh, clean and inviting to others.  It's like your home, after 20 years some new carpet, fresh paint and some new furniture is well over due!!.  I would rather be on a X than Carnival, Princess, NCL, MSC, and at this point with their MEGA ships RCCL.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

Our cabin was right across from the elevator and stairs and I never heard any noise from the hallway.  I think you'll like deck 7 better.  The balconies on deck 9 have a big overhang from the pool deck above that blocks the view a bit.

Thanks for the feedback! The two cabins I moved my family to are actually the newly installed interior rooms, just a lateral move from the interiors we had on deck 9 mid-ship.

The only question mark to me will be if the cabins are any smaller than the existing ones, and if as new cabins they might have some small feature that’s not in the others. Would love a virtual balcony like they have on many of the Royal ships, but it doesn’t seem like X is moving in that direction. Which is kind of surprising, given how much they’re liked by people who’ve sailed in them and that X and royal are owned by the same parent company.

On 2/20/2019 at 2:39 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Bye.....    show your disapproval by finding a cruise line you enjoy more.

I personally love the new look and prefer it to the dark wood look of 20 years ago.   We all have our own preferences.    While no one has answered your question of the Pantry I can only assume it is still there because it still shows on the footprint of the room plan. 

Thanks for the Adios; unfortunately I will decide when to go....

On 2/21/2019 at 7:37 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I saw those silly shelves.  I preferred the previous layout with enclosed storage and a closet, thank you.  I do not share Kelly Hoppen's distain for drawers.  And given what I've seen of the redesign, I don't have faith that she won't have mucked up the dressing area as well.

I'm with you, Linda,  When I spend $20,000 for a cabin, the LAST thing I want is minimalism.... 

• Like 1

I think the days of this line having the heavy drapes and bullion atmosphere that translated to a rich elegance are decidedly in the past. Maybe one day that look and feel will all come back around again, but if it ever does I think it will be in a very long and protracted timeframe. For now it is what it is.