Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, garyl62 said:

Jim, with all the effort you've been putting into this thread and the previous one on the Millennium , do you have any plans to sail either of these ships coming up?

Don' t currently have a booking on either.  I do have a free cruise that I need to book and thinking either Millennium or Summit.  

Millennium was the first ship we ever sailed 20 years ago and I still have a soft spot for her.

• Like 3

One thing I have always enjoyed on M Class Concierge and Aqua is that the cabin size is a bit larger than standard veranda. And with that added length, came a set of storage shelves next to the vanity/desk area. I saw a brief glance of what I think was an Aqua cabin on Millennium in a video and there was no sign of any additional storage shelves in that area. I'm guessing just more "open space" in Concierge and Aqua?

We will be anxious to see when we board Summit in April. I'm taking my S class folding cubes just in case there will be a place to use them!

Thank you for photos!

I am trying to understand what will change in terms of common areas vs suite areas...

What about Thalasso pool?

Will it still be for everybody?

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

Thank you for photos!

I am trying to understand what will change in terms of common areas vs suite areas...

What about Thalasso pool?

Will it still be for everybody?

Thalasso Pool will remain as is and available to all ADULTS.  

The only change is the Retreat and Retreat Sun Deck on Deck 11 (Sports Deck Forward).   This area was previously pretty unused.  

The library has been replaced with interior cabins as well as the acupuncture office on deck 6 has been converted to cabins.   The only other major change that comes to mind is The Spa treatment rooms on starboard have been converted to oceanview cabins. 

retreat.jpg.d7b66c8ef15d7f707b69ffeeba959f0d.jpg

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The library has been replaced with interior cabins as well as the acupuncture office on deck 6 has been converted to cabins. 

Minor correction there. The acupuncture office was on deck 7; it was the iLounge that was on deck 6. Library space was decks 8 and 9. All four spaces are replaced with new interior cabins.

Only know this because I just moved my earlier pair of inside reservations from deck 9 under the pool to the new cabins on deck 7, and checked CruiseDeckPlans.com (which still has the old plans) to see what used to be there.

10 minutes ago, Aralim said:

Minor correction there. The acupuncture office was on deck 7; it was the iLounge that was on deck 6. Library space was decks 8 and 9. All four spaces are replaced with new interior cabins.

Only know this because I just moved my earlier pair of inside reservations from deck 9 under the pool to the new cabins on deck 7, and checked CruiseDeckPlans.com (which still has the old plans) to see what used to be there.

You are 100% correct.   Must be old age.    🙂

I just finished reading all pages and enjoyed all the photos and commentary so far. Looks like some of the staff on the ship during renovation like to post on Instagram. I've seen some renderings that have not been posted yet so I will try to do so in my next couple posts.

We are booked on Summit on May 26, 2019.  We usually take a suite but this time I am going with neighbors of mine and they don't spend the money for a suite so I took my old favorite 7203 aft.  Love looking at the wake, so while I will miss being in a suite I still will love being on the Summit.  Would really like to know if the Celebrity suite will switch to just a shower or a tub that is easier to get into.  We love that suite but the tub makes it almost impossible for me to climb into.  Getting old is a challenge but  I will keep looking here for updates as I love all the Celebrity ships.

Pat

The sky suites on Millennium still have that high tub so I imagine the CS will also.  We thought about a SS on Millennium and after seeing the pictures glad we stayed with our RS.  I have bad knees and am only 5' tall so those tubs are next to impossible.

thanks SO much for this thread.... we are not frequent cruisers (maybe every 5-7 years) but my husband enjoys the friends of Bill meetings each night, now that they are removing the library , does anyone know if there is any chance they are also removing the meetings each day?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, citygirl said:

thanks SO much for this thread.... we are not frequent cruisers (maybe every 5-7 years) but my husband enjoys the friends of Bill meetings each night, now that they are removing the library , does anyone know if there is any chance they are also removing the meetings each day?

My guess is they will just move the meeting. I highly doubt they would remove it.

On 3/3/2019 at 5:32 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Don' t currently have a booking on either.  I do have a free cruise that I need to book and thinking either Millennium or Summit.  

Millennium was the first ship we ever sailed 20 years ago and I still have a soft spot for her.

Thanks for starting this great thread. I feel the same. Millennium was the first ship we sailed 13 years ago, and we look forward to sailing her again in 2021. Though I’ll miss the Olympic Restaurant, I’m sure I’ll prefer the new OVC layout.

Edited by Silkroad

36 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks for starting this great thread. I feel the same. Millennium was the first ship we sailed 13 years ago, and we look forward to sailing her again in 2021. Though I’ll miss the Olympic Restaurant, I’m sure I’ll prefer the new OVC layout.

I agree 100%   The Olympic in my opinion was the nicest restaurant at sea and really miss it.  The new OVC looks much better laid out.

oh my the old restaurants on board the Millenium Class ship- I miss them all- such a nice touch - wonderful ambiance! I am glad to see little touch of them goes to their new ships- as in the Normandie Restaurant on board the new Edge- not my ideal ship- but thats just my humble opinion!

I, too, have a soft spot for the Millenium- and the Milli- Class ships! I like them more then the S- Class- I have to admit

Edited by Germancruiser
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, citygirl said:

What is "friends of Bill"? I remember seeing it on previous cruises, but wasn't sure what it was. (I thought some big wig had booked a lot of rooms, or something -- enough to have a private party listed on everyone's itinerary).

8 hours ago, Newbie2006 said:

What is "friends of Bill"? I remember seeing it on previous cruises, but wasn't sure what it was. (I thought some big wig had booked a lot of rooms, or something -- enough to have a private party listed on everyone's itinerary).

its AA meetings, I will say we thought the same thing before hubby started AA

• Thanks 1