Setting up account on Cunard website

Plant

For pending cruises, you can use the 'booking reference' to set up the Voyage Personalizer. For past cruises, the World Club vanished from the web site a few releases back, so will need to call to establish an account

Just tried doing a search for cunard world club, clicked on the link, and got the new site's 'page not found' [status 404] page

Edited by TheOldBear
more info

I don't think you have missed anything. There is no way to create a login account on Cunard's US website like there is on the sites for other cruise lines.

I think I could use some help with what you mean when you say you are "trying to save several cruises." If you mean clicking the little "Save" heart by each cruise description, that's handled by browser cookies. Next time you return to the site, you can retrieve the list of cruises you have saved that way by clicking the heart at the top of the home page that indicates how many cruises you have saved that way during previous visits.

On the other hand, if you mean you want to save several cruises by placing a "Courtesy hold" on them rather than confirming the bookings by paying the deposits, then I'm afraid I have no idea how that process works. I just noticed for the first time that there is a "Courtesy hold" option on the new Cunard US website.

There has never been a way to create a login that allows you to see and manage all the Cunard cruises you have booked at one time. Managing your confirmed Cunard bookings involves retrieving each one of them individually by logging into the Cunard Voyage Personaliser using your first name, last name, date of birth, and booking reference number as the login credentials.

Edited by bluemarble

I just wanted to save a couple of cruises to go back to, not book them.  I clicked "save", but they weren't there when I went back the next day.  This would be my first Cunard cruise.

Since I haven't booked anything and don't have a booking number, I guess I can't get in to save.

Thanks for your help.

7 minutes ago, Plant said:

I just wanted to save a couple of cruises to go back to, not book them.  I clicked "save", but they weren't there when I went back the next day.  This would be my first Cunard cruise.

Since I haven't booked anything and don't have a booking number, I guess I can't get in to save.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry to hear you aren't getting cruises to "save" for you. Maybe it's platform dependent but it's a relatively straightforward process for me both on my desktop PC (Windows with Chrome) and on my phone (Android with Chrome). Whatever cruises I have "saved" from prior visits to the Cunard website are there for me to retrieve again days later as long as I don't clear my browser cache.

Just to make sure we are talking about the same functionality, here are a couple screen shots from my desktop PC browser on the Cunard US website.

Here I have "saved" a cruise as one of my favorites by clicking on the heart that I have circled in red in the cruise description from the cruise search results.

image.thumb.png.4a0dc7f84836c7f4be86e59f3a3e9890.png

Then when I return to the home page, even days later, it looks like this.  The heart and the number 4 near the top that I have circled in red indicate that I have four cruises saved as favorites. If I click on that heart, those four cruises are displayed for me on a "Favorite Voyages" page.

image.thumb.png.849b41726cb450d745ac7ba29edae029.png

Note, if you are on a phone, that heart link to your "Favorite Voyages" page is found on the menu page as shown here.

image.thumb.png.3a8d9671a4243e4fc526747f28c4cae4.png

No login or booking reference numbers are required for this functionality. All that's been done here is that a few cruises have been saved as favorites and the browser cache keeps track of that for future visits.

Hope this helps some.

• Thanks 1

To get a bit nerdy as I am known to do from time to time...

In Chrome, the list of "saved" cruises is maintained in a cookie called "favorites" for the domain "www.cunard.com". The content of that cookie is a list of the voyage numbers that have been marked as favorites via the "save" functionality. Here is what that cookie looks like for me, showing the four cruises I have "saved".

Name

favorites

Content

M021_M021,M022_M022,M023_M023,M021B_M021B

Domain

www.cunard.com

Path

/

Send for

Any kind of connection

Accessible to script

Yes

Created

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 7:42:05 PM

Expires

Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 7:42:05 PM

On 2/16/2019 at 6:52 PM, Plant said:

Ah hah!  Thank you!  I was wiping out my cookie when I ran a cleaning program. Moved Cunard.com to "keep" and all's well.

Thanks so much!

If you sweep up all your cookies there won't be any crumbs to find your way home with. Just a bit of humor not a complaint.  

• Haha 2