Found Paradise on the Tahiti & the Tuamotu Island 10 day Cruise

Indybeachgal

La Ora Na! Just returned from the dream-like Tuamotu Archipelago & Society Islands.  I really appreciate all the info on the boards (special thanks to Petoonya).  I posted a pretty extensive (ie long) review on the Wind Spirit Review site and thought it might be helpful for all those in the planning/deciding stages.  This was our third Windstar Cruise but first on a sailing ship.  My advice is GO!  The Wind Spirit crew was top-notch, food superb and our fellow passengers a joy to get to know.   After researching the various options (staying at a resort, which islands, cruising etc), I determined cruising was definitely the most economic way to experience the islands. The extras also really added value . (Beach BBQ, Deck Party, Destination Discovery Polynesian Show on a private motu in Bora Bora, on board cruise  Polynesian culture and history lectures, Bridge tour, taking pictures on the Bow and much more). 

We enjoyed the different islands and though it was the rainy season the "weather gods" smiled upon us and we really only had 3 out of a total of 12 days with significant clouds/rain. Most were sunny, hot and yes, humid.  (I loved it!) . We selected a mix of private and ship excursions and enjoyed each unique destination!  The diving and snorkeling was some of the best we had ever experienced with the beautiful coral and abundance of marine life.  It was fascinating learning the way of life and history of French Polynesian.  Paradise was truly found!

Here's a link to my review:   Cruise Critic Member Ship/Trip Review.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2019 at 1:09 PM, Strenz said:

I can not imagine being on any  other ship in Polynesia. Our trip was perfect and magical.

Totally agree  with Milepig. Happy Sailing all. 

I would have loved to have experienced it on the Song. She met her end far too soon. RIP. 

4 hours ago, milepig said:

I would have loved to have experienced it on the Song. She met her end far too soon. RIP. 

Fortunate to have sailed lovely Wind Song in 1993. Still have our t-shirts and wore them on Wind Spirit in December. Some of the crew called our attention to the fact that they weren't even born back then!