Princess Water Packages

Reina del Mar

We usually book a water package for our cabin on all cruises. I know we can and should use the tap water, but feel the need to have bottled water in the cabin and to take ashore...Do not want to discuss why/ wherefore , it's what we do!

However, on our Personaliser for upcoming Princess cruise, there is no option to order water package. Spoke to few passengers via Cruise Critic and was told water packages not available on Australian cruises.

Thought about taking crate of water aboard with us..bit of a fuss but doable.

Then a cruise critic member informed us that passengers from USA could book water packages, ..they had pre ordered and paid.

An Australian passenger said packages unavailable for Australian bookings. Went in to have UK travel agent speak to Princess on our behalf...no water packages not available on our cruise!

Anyone have any idea WHY or what this is all about ?  A small issue I appreciate but most frustrating.

Posted on Princess board and received various replies. Have now had travel agent speak to Princess and was also able to speak to them myself even though had booked through travel agent.

The 'line' they are going with is that because the currency of the cruise out of Sydney will be Australian dollars, the water package is unavailable....end of story! Glad some US people from roll call have been able to order but very frustrating we can not!

3 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

No not available on Princess cruises inAustralia.

Thanks very much for that. I think you explained that to me previously, but felt frustrated that US members on roll call said they were able to order it.

I know you sail from Sydney regularly, so any suggestions for taking a crate of water aboard? We are staying at Hol Inn on Rocks. Will have ( very full) large case and rollaboard each. Water from Coles? Woolworth? It has been suggested that we walk. Impossible to carry water with our luggage. Two trips ?

33 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Thanks very much for that. I think you explained that to me previously, but felt frustrated that US members on roll call said they were able to order it.

I know you sail from Sydney regularly, so any suggestions for taking a crate of water aboard? We are staying at Hol Inn on Rocks. Will have ( very full) large case and rollaboard each. Water from Coles? Woolworth? It has been suggested that we walk. Impossible to carry water with our luggage. Two trips ?

I’ve nnever taken water on many suggest buying a cart and slap a luggage tag on.

if you depart from the Overseas Passener Termial (OPT) Holiday Inn The Rocks is literally stoves trow away, probably a couple of underdogs yards at the most. Two trips wouldn’t be a problem at all.

Yes Woolies or Coles would be a great spot to grab a carton of water.