Bahamas in January

Bees29

How is the weather for a Bahamas cruise in January? Is the water at the beach warm enough to go in? We did a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean last month that left out of Port Canaveral. The first day was  rough and cooler. 

I went on a cruise to the Bahamas in January 2015. It was cold (68-69) and windy. Our snorkeling excursion in Freeport got cancelled. In Nassau we took the ferry and walked to Atlantis just to walk around and sit at the beach. It was too windy and cloudy for me to consider swimming, and I am from the Midwest! The locals were wearing parkas. 

I think the Bahamas in January are hit or miss, and based on my big miss I won't do it again. I'll be there in 2 weeks though and fingers crossed for better weather!

We were just in Nassau 2 weeks ago, but not on a cruise.  We had booked an Exuma pig excursion (Powerboat) that got cancelled due to weather/rough seas.  And the one beach day we had, was chilly seawater! So I guess January is iffy, but the weather was nice. Only one day got above 75F, but it was pleasant weather overall, with one rainy day.  Not too windy that week.