! LIVE! from Adventure of the Seas, February 16, 2019 - 8 nights

ckrobyn

Most of you know that Adventure is one of my favourite ships. As you can see from my signature, I’ve enjoyed many cruises onboard and I can’t wait see her again, which happens in less than 24 hours!

If you’ve followed my past LIVE reports, you know that I’m pretty dedicated to the cause, so I post a lot, all the time. Having said that, I’m hoping this LIVE will be a little different. There was a LIVE from Adventure a few weeks ago, and while it was started by one person, there were many frequent posters who were also onboard, and they were also posting and answering questions quite regularly.

I’m sure you all know Clarea (Bob), our moderator extraordinaire - he’s onboard this cruise too [emoji3] I am looking very forward to meeting him tomorrow at our informal CC meet up at the Pool Bar. Missing from this cruise is Ocean Boy, he sailed a few weeks ago. Although he isn’t on the ship with us, he will be posting often and will ensure I know where I am at all times as he is my personal GPS whenever I sail..

I am currently in Fort Lauderdale and very happy to report that the weather is perfectly sunny, with no rain expected for the next few days. Sail away should be under sunny skies with temps in the 80’s.

I left Toronto yesterday and it was freezing cold with a lot of snow on the ground and in the forecast.

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like, I’m pretty sure I’ll have lots of help answering them. Let’s make this a group LIVE - the more the merrier!

The frozen tundra

80c7ada7a1600df50480e7181d2a0847.jpg

I see coastline!

d54349332fc99cdb658dac292d044677.jpg

#Starbucksfail

0955fcbef9efe44d6dbd05b75fdd1603.jpg

Sunny Fort Lauderdale [emoji41]

1026afb0ce73d054207e039e726317a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

#Starbucksfail

0955fcbef9efe44d6dbd05b75fdd1603.jpg

Have a great cruise! Looking forward to following.

I really think they at Starbucks sometimes do it on purpose. I was with a friend who, when asked her name, said, "Kara with a K." So of course her chai latte comes out five minutes later and what's printed on the side? 

Kaka.

Thanks Starbucks Barista.

• Haha 1

debating on this ship as the adult kids aren’t sure they will have as much fun on Adventure as they did on Freedom last year.  It’s between Oasis vs Adventure.

My most recent cruises were on Oasis, and as far as things to do for your adult kids, it’s likely Oasis wins for that. The bigger ship does offer more options. With that said, my personal preference is Freedom or Voyager class. Of course I’m not planning to zip line any time soon!

• Like 2

Have fun on this great ship!

Thanks!
I’m pretty sure I was referring to YOUR Live report that turned into a bit of a group effort!
Looking forward to your input on this one as well [emoji3]

• Haha 1

Sounds like the same route we took with the elusive [mention=42361]Ocean Boy[/mention]

Yes, I think you’re right!
He won’t be elusive on this thread, in fact he should be chiming in here anytime now....

2 hours ago, trihawks1 said:

debating on this ship as the adult kids aren’t sure they will have as much fun on Adventure as they did on Freedom last year.  It’s between Oasis vs Adventure.

Not much difference between Freedom and Adventure. If they liked Freedom they should like Adventure. But they might want to experience Oasis for something quite different.

• Like 1