! LIVE! from Adventure of the Seas, February 16, 2019 - 8 nights

ckrobyn

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

If we are ever on the same cruise your husband will not know the wife who comes home to him.

I’ll have really bad hair from the jets at Maho, and an overwhelming need to explore forts and caves. Yup. He won’t know me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Okay, so the ship is rolling not pitching. After 40 cruises I should know the correct terminology.

I expect it will rock a lot of us to sleep tonight. Bob is probably one of them since he hasn’t chimed in here for a while.

OB you have to stay up and chat with me. Everyone else has disappeared.

I’m a silent follower but had to chime in now. My former Navy hubby loves to correct my terminology on cruises. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am off to bed. I have to work tomorrow. I suspect I will not feel any rolling.

No, but I will 😁

Have a good day in the office, and I’ll try not to think of you stuck there while I’m on the beach in sunny St. Maarten....

• Haha 2

I will be on this cruise 4/27 with my hubby and our daughter’s family including three grandsons 1,3 and4😮.

Planning to visit the forts and fly kites!

St Maarten we’ll ferry over to Pinel Island and the infinity pool at St Kitts. 

Keep the review coming. It’s keeping me sane in the cold weather.

I will be on this cruise 4/27 with my hubby and our daughter’s family including three grandsons 1,3 and4😮.

Planning to visit the forts and fly kites!

St Maarten we’ll ferry over to Pinel Island and the infinity pool at St Kitts. 

Keep the review coming. It’s keeping me sane in the cold weather.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I estimate that within 2-3 hours you will meet up with Carnival Breeze which is on it's way to a San Juan arrival in the morning.

I realize I'm a bit of a nut job, but I much enjoy the meeting up of the vessels on these journeys.  One of the best things about Nassau and also Cozumel is that you will always get a gander at whoever is docked with you.  Since I'm up early I love the excitement of seeing some stately ship far off in the distance and anticipate "who" it might be coming in to visit.  On the Sensation, we pulled up between Oceania Riviera (way fancier than the one I was on, no worries. :)) and Enchantment of the Seas.  Next morning they were both long gone and I watched what was then the brand new (like, 5 weeks old) MSC Seaside come in.  So I am excited about all these other ships you track along with our revered posters-on-the-scene.

Out on the open water on the last leg of the voyage home, I am always reassured by seeing other ships within view.  On Oasis at the captain's Q and A session I asked if they sync up like this on purpose in some sort of Maritime camaraderie or perhaps for safety, knowing that the ships are often from competing lines. The answer was not what I was hoping.  The captain rather annoyedly stated that unfortunately other lines are just trying to "copy" RC. So I guess they are not as charmed by this proximity as I am.

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

I realize I'm a bit of a nut job, but I much enjoy the meeting up of the vessels on these journeys.  

You don't seem like a nut job to me at all. Of course, sometimes it is hard for one nut job to recognize another one.😁

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

No, but I will 😁

Have a good day in the office, and I’ll try not to think of you stuck there while I’m on the beach in sunny St. Maarten....

Robyn, sleep with one foot on the floor. That always helped to stop “the rolling” during my days at Western. 😉

If you don’t have a spot picked for today, go to Holland House Hotel and see Shaniqua.  Let her know that Andrew and Lisa from Canada sent you there.  IMO the best spot on the downtown beach. We just saw her a few weeks ago. 

It is steps from the downtown pier. Make sure you take the newer white water taxis downtown. A few weeks ago the older back older ones were going to the piers furthest from downtown. 

E9C3288B-079D-404C-80B3-CF02E87A1467.thumb.jpeg.42ca6c8cc04b83851370649c591e8c74.jpeg

Shaniqua. 

F73C9827-99F5-4929-A203-1F064DE8C200.thumb.jpeg.6350b7c97865eded13c765dcc8eed646.jpeg

Price almost the same, if not the same as the others. Only they have a shower and the cleanest bathrooms in the hotel. I’ve seen some of the other bathrooms over the years.😱

Wifi too. If you heart desires they have a Champagne Bar (in the background), because champagne and the hot sun = blistering burned skin and a day drinking hangover.  

9FEB3D9E-47CC-4B41-8F20-ACDB6B564F08.thumb.jpeg.c5611d9f521a606660d429596165ce15.jpeg

View of Holland House Hotel. The washrooms are inside past the hotel bar, and down the stairs beside the elevator. The outside shower is just to the right of the stairs seen in this photo.  You get the tokens from at the Champagne Bar.  They have a restaurant on the left, with great food. 

EBC05A09-5B69-44D2-8C3E-7A3F87CB9B5F.thumb.jpeg.88445e00fe9b47d43b5d0cf13c491368.jpeg

The thickest cushions on the beach, that are not popping out of a thong.  Don’t ask about the cow, it’s a Dutch thing. Fresh milked  warm milk from a golden cow in the hot sun.... no thanks. 

41DBEA3A-8508-4DC8-BED7-27C72E4C09EA.thumb.jpeg.b33fa20516fb202c48fab2c2597218c0.jpeg

And a view I suspect you are looking for. They can bring your food right to your lounger or you can eat at the restaurant and chose from their bar or restaurant menu. 

If you are adventurous try the Bitterballen, a Dutch meat based snack. They also provide humour to which you and your travelling companion must complete on your own.  It must rival that of the classic Sweddy Balls Christmas skit from SNL.

Have an amazing day today Robyn wherever you end up. 

D1708963-8511-40FC-9209-BAB798153AD5.thumb.jpeg.a72d150eeb02b9d13cb1a4faaa8975a7.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, cruisinmamma said:

I would love to see some pics of the children’s water areas on the ship.

Its been awhile since I’ve been on AOTS and I wasn’t really looking for kids activities at the time.

They have done a nice job creating a small H20 zone like you’d see on a Freedom Class ship or above. I will snap a few pictures for you 😁

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Adventure, MSC Seaside, and Seven Seas Voyager, and Harmony of the Seas are all approaching St. Maarten.

Good morning!

Thanks for the update. Looks like people are wondering about your GPS abilities/capabilities. I know why you do it, they need to know how.

54 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Robyn, sleep with one foot on the floor. That always helped to stop “the rolling” during my days at Western. 😉

If you don’t have a spot picked for today, go to Holland House Hotel and see Shaniqua.  Let her know that Andrew and Lisa from Canada sent you there.  IMO the best spot on the downtown beach. We just saw her a few weeks ago. 

It is steps from the downtown pier. Make sure you take the newer white water taxis downtown. A few weeks ago the older back older ones were going to the piers furthest from downtown. 

E9C3288B-079D-404C-80B3-CF02E87A1467.thumb.jpeg.42ca6c8cc04b83851370649c591e8c74.jpeg

Shaniqua. 

F73C9827-99F5-4929-A203-1F064DE8C200.thumb.jpeg.6350b7c97865eded13c765dcc8eed646.jpeg

Price almost the same, if not the same as the others. Only they have a shower and the cleanest bathrooms in the hotel. I’ve seen some of the other bathrooms over the years.😱

Wifi too. If you heart desires they have a Champagne Bar (in the background), because champagne and the hot sun = blistering burned skin and a day drinking hangover.  

9FEB3D9E-47CC-4B41-8F20-ACDB6B564F08.thumb.jpeg.c5611d9f521a606660d429596165ce15.jpeg

View of Holland House Hotel. The washrooms are inside past the hotel bar, and down the stairs beside the elevator. The outside shower is just to the right of the stairs seen in this photo.  You get the tokens from at the Champagne Bar.  They have a restaurant on the left, with great food. 

EBC05A09-5B69-44D2-8C3E-7A3F87CB9B5F.thumb.jpeg.88445e00fe9b47d43b5d0cf13c491368.jpeg

The thickest cushions on the beach, that are not popping out of a thong.  Don’t ask about the cow, it’s a Dutch thing. Fresh milked  warm milk from a golden cow in the hot sun.... no thanks. 

41DBEA3A-8508-4DC8-BED7-27C72E4C09EA.thumb.jpeg.b33fa20516fb202c48fab2c2597218c0.jpeg

And a view I suspect you are looking for. They can bring your food right to your lounger or you can eat at the restaurant and chose from their bar or restaurant menu. 

If you are adventurous try the Bitterballen, a Dutch meat based snack. They also provide humour to which you and your travelling companion must complete on your own.  It must rival that of the classic Sweddy Balls Christmas skit from SNL.

Have an amazing day today Robyn wherever you end up. 

D1708963-8511-40FC-9209-BAB798153AD5.thumb.jpeg.a72d150eeb02b9d13cb1a4faaa8975a7.jpeg

Thanks Andrew, your comment about Western made me chuckle. I know about that school. My husband went there 😃 I went to York and then Ryerson - much more tame.

Holland House looks very nice, I think we may make our way there. Is it all inclusive for the day, or you just pay for lounger and umbrella?

Good morning everyone ☀️

Captain McDuff has cleared us to go ashore. The forecast for today is mostly sunny and 81. There are some clouds around this morning which are expected to clear out of here and leave us with blue sky.

I slept really well last night, with the rolling of the ship. My last few cruises were on Oasis class and there’s no question that you can feel much more movement on the smaller ships which I like. I want to feel like I’m on a ship.

In case anyone is wondering, Freedom class is my favourite.

Time to get moving and grab some breakfast before heading out for the day. I will take a lot of pictures and post them as soon as I’m back onboard later this afternoon 😎☀️😎

• Like 3