Password

I need to change my password because I don't have a clue what the old one is. But in order to change my password, I have to enter my old password! How can I do that if I don't remember it?

2 hours ago, Dbarn said:

I need to change my password because I don't have a clue what the old one is. But in order to change my password, I have to enter my old password! How can I do that if I don't remember it?

2 hours ago, Globaliser said:

But clearly you've logged in using a password? That password is the one that you need to repeat in order to change the password to something memorable.

If your email is correct

Go to the top of the page and logout

then go to https://www.cruisecritic.com/

click on the login button and choose forgot password below the signin button, the next window asks for your email, they will email you a reset password link.

image.png.4574effa4278c3d7f41d65b6f4dd3168.png

3 hours ago, Globaliser said:

But clearly you've logged in using a password? That password is the one that you need to repeat in order to change the password to something memorable.

Well, OP could be permanently logged in.  And may have done so some time ago and has forgotten the password used at that time.

14 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Well, OP could be permanently logged in.  And may have done so some time ago and has forgotten the password used at that time.

I'd rather discounted that possibility, given that so many people have been complaining about getting logged out every five minutes, and so I thought that the OP must have logged in by using the forgotten password link.

But in any event a new password with which to log in can always be generated by the forgotten password link, as AlanF65 says.

4 hours ago, Globaliser said:

I know but apparently I did it years ago and have no idea what it is.

On 2/15/2019 at 7:21 PM, Dbarn said:

I know but apparently I did it years ago and have no idea what it is.

Judging by recent events, you're lucky not to have been logged off at some stage in the interim.

Anyway, as posted above, the fix should be simple (assuming you still have access to the email address that you used to sign up with):-

• Log off.
  • Try to log back in.
  • When the site asks you for your user name and password, click the Forgot Password link.
  • Enter your email address and reset your password.
  • Then follow the instructions that are emailed to you.