New to Regent - Voyager cabin options

ikelmay

Hi there, I'm looking at taking our first ever last minute Voyager cruise.

I was hoping to find a forward cabin in Category F, but due to health clearances I had to hold off making a reservation.  Now of course when I'm good to go, I find that the only Deck 8 cabins remaining are an almost complete block from 870 to 875.  Do these particular cabins have a positioning issue or something?

If all else fails, I'm happy to upgrade to a concierge cabin (there seem to be plenty available), but general opinions seem to suggest that concierge isn't a huge difference to the verandah suites.

I'm feeling a little perplexed about what to do - any experienced cruisers' input would be GREATLY appreciated.

Many thanks

The main issue with suites in the aft part of the ship is the vibration.  Voyager has had this vibration since shortly after she was built.  Some people are not bothered by it at all and others can't stand the vibration and noise that accompanies it (things rattling in the suite).

In my opinion, the aft suites are not too bad but prefer to book more mid-ship suites.  The concierge suites give you the extra night at a hotel which is so important.  Flying into a port on the day of embarkation is really risky.

After 32 cruises (our 33nd begins Sunday), we love Voyager more than Navigator or Mariner but really cannot recommend an aft suite.

Have a great cruise!

Ive been on 3 cruises on Voyager. Unfortunately, my first cruise was in an aft cabin and I paid dearly for it with interrupted sleep due to the vibration.  My other two experiences , one with a suite mid ship, the other with a suite forward were great. As has been commented above, some people dont mind, but I did. You're right that Concierge cabins themselves are no different than the ones you're looking at, except the location (and the other perks). Unless you're sure the vibration wont bother you, I strongly recommend you pick the Concierge suite, if thats the only way to get the non aft location. 

Thanks for the informative responses .... We have decided life is too short and have gone for a midship concierge class.  Perfect location and a great deck.  Now time to explore the deck plans and drink and dining options!