CRUISE CARE AND ROYAL CARIBBEAN TRAVEL PROTECTION

Disneyk

2 minutes ago, Disneyk said:

I was just notified that as of 2-15-19 all New York State residents will no longer be able to purchase ''travel protection''insurance with Royal Caribbean cruises.''

Any one have any information on this....

I suppose Royal Caribbean would have information.....

11 minutes ago, Disneyk said:

I was just notified that as of 2-15-19 all New York State residents will no longer be able to purchase ''travel protection''insurance with Royal Caribbean cruises.''

Any one have any information on this....

I am a NYS resident.I have a cruise booked for later this year and have not as yet taken out insurance. I never heard this. Who was the notification from ?

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am a NYS resident.I have a cruise booked for later this year and have not as yet taken out insurance. I never heard this. Who was the notification from ?

Notification was from rccl....I suggest you call your travel agent or rccl...

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

That makes no sense to me. Would this be mandated by the State Insurance Dept or the Governor ?

56 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I normally do not either but the cost is so high.My former TA was with an agency that gave free insurance but she is no longer with the agency and I have a new TA.

I have no information as to who mandated it -  only that it is not available in NY.  Why not go back to the agency that offered the insurance at no cost to you - perhaps they could provide different coverage that is available in NY?

Edited by leaveitallbehind

44 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I have no information as to who mandated it -  only that it is not available in NY.  Why not go back to the agency that offered the insurance at no cost to you - perhaps they could provide different coverage that is available in NY?

....which of course you could only do if you booked directly and were still within the transfer time.  Your reference of a different TA would make that unlikely.  Sorry - didn't think my response through very well!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

There are a number of insurance policies (not just cruise/travel related) that are not available for sale in certain states.  Ditto with real estate investments and other financial instruments.

Apparently, the policy sold by RC will not meet the regulations and requirements of NY state.  As to who or why, those are probably moot points for curiousity only, since New Yorkers now will not have this product to purchase.

Beyond that...nothing to add.