San Diego Hotel Near Airport

CarolRoy

Hi,

The San Diego airport is barely 2 miles from downtown San Diego. There are tons of possible hotels but few of them have shuttles since it is soooo close by!

What does "reasonable" mean to you in USA $$s???

When are you coming as prices change with dates on the calendar.

Here's a map showing possible hotels and the airport. You can play with the dates to get an idea of prices:

https://goo.gl/maps/aXxQBnZDtKw

11 hours ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

We just booked Hampton Inn San Diego-Downtown/Airport Area
1531 Pacific Highway, it has airport shuttle, and shuttle to the port 

We like the place but try to get a room in the front of the building as the rear faces the railroad tracks.  Not a major issue IMO, but one to be aware of.

It is only 2-3 blocks from the pier.  They will shuttle you, be we just walk it in 5-10 minutes.

29 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

We like the place but try to get a room in the front of the building as the rear faces the railroad tracks.  Not a major issue IMO, but one to be aware of.

It is only 2-3 blocks from the pier.  They will shuttle you, be we just walk it in 5-10 minutes.

Thanks for the tip. We have never stayed their before. We just seen all the perks like breakfast ( we are traveling with 2 teens so foods always a bonus lol) 

13 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Hi,

The San Diego airport is barely 2 miles from downtown San Diego. There are tons of possible hotels but few of them have shuttles since it is soooo close by!

What does "reasonable" mean to you in USA $$s???

When are you coming as prices change with dates on the calendar.

Here's a map showing possible hotels and the airport. You can play with the dates to get an idea of prices:

https://goo.gl/maps/aXxQBnZDtKw

Thanks for the great map.  We only need one night in May (week day).  Would be dropping off a rental car at SAN then getting the hotel shuttle and then taking the hotel shuttle in the AM to catch a flight.  So we don't need anything fancy in a hotel.  Just to sleep for a few hours.  Looking for a very reasonable hotel ($100 or less).  

I've stayed at the Hampton several times and it's always my "go to" hotel in SD.

Twice it wasn't available, so I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Old Town.  They have a shuttle and it's close to the airport.  Breakfast included.

As was already pointed out, airport, downtown, and cruise port all close to each other, so if you find a hotel within your budget, an inexpensive Uber ride will get you there.

Roz

Finding a hotel in SD for $100 or less will be a challenge.  There is a Hilton on Harbor Island that you might be able to get for little less than $200 but there won't be any free perks (breakfast).   Maybe try a third party like Hotwire.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

$100 isn't a reasonable budget for a good hotel in San Diego and certainly not near the airport. I am not saying there aren't hotels in that range, just not places I'd recommend for most people.

The Holiday Inn Bayside, Best Western Bayside, SpringHill Suites Bayfront and Homewood Suites Bayside are the ones I'd start with. Residence Inn Pacific Highway too, but like the Hampton Inn, it backs up to the train tracks.

Look in Mission Valley.  Off peak (winter/spring) you can find reasonable rates for less then $100 and you are only 7-8 miles from the airport.

The Crowne Plaza has an airport shuttle which most of the Holland America staff/crew use when arriving in San Diego.

David

On 2/17/2019 at 9:02 AM, riffatsea said:

IF you find a hotel at $100 or less with a free airport and/or cruise port shuttle please post it here!!

The only inexpensive hotels I know of do not offer those shuttle services.

I found two motels near the airport.  Both hotels with tax are around $115 during the week.  The Ramada on Rosecrans St. has an airport shuttle at NO charge.  Did not inquire about a shuttle to the cruise port as we only need the airport shuttle.  The Comfort Inn on N. Harbor does NOT have a airport or cruise shuttle.

We booked the Ramada.