Visitors for lunch?

Joolsverne

I know that Seabourn and Silversea do sometimes allow booked guests to invite friends onboard for lunch.  Last time I checked I think that the cost per head was around $70.   Has anyone ever managed to do this with Windstar?  We have family in one of the ports that we will be visiting and it would be fun for them (and easier) just to invite them to join us onboard for a meal.

Yes, I did see that in the general blurb some years ago,  but was just wondering (hoping) whether anything might have changed.  For this reason we did consider doing our cruise with Seabourn or Silversea instead - but prices for a similar cruise with them are much higher than with Windstar.

We had the same thought in Osaka. But, aside from the widespread physical security concerns everywhere today, they have to worry that you might substitute a person who wants to get into the EU or something. Alas it's just not a practical desire. Windstar has a lot of concessions from various immigration authorities to facilitate our shore excursions, and they can't risk jepoardizing their status as a trusted partner.

Yes,  I do understand the concerns about security - but somehow lines like Silversea and Seabourn seem able to cope with this, given enough notice.  However I imagine that its all extra work and can see that its up to each line to decide whether or not they are prepared to offer this.