LIVE FROM EXPLORER - FEB. 17 - MARCH 9

Travelcat2

Hi Jackie,

Hope you guys are getting settled in to your beautiful stateroom and enjoying calm seas as you make your way around your second home.  First time for me to post to you but have always enjoyed your insight and knowledge.  My wife and I, along with another couple, will be coming on when you get off in LA and look forward to reading all about your experience.  We have traveled Navigator several times but this will be our first on Explorer.  

If you get a chance, please see if you can share the complimentary and premium wine lists currently being served.  Also, how early in the cruise do they offer the open tasting of all the wines being served?  Is that something you and Dennis try to attend?

Thank you in advance for your commentary.  Hope you guys have a fabulous trip with Dennis enjoying the attention of your wifely perfection!

Orthocruiser (Skip)

Well, I am not yet keeping my promise to make this an interesting thread.  Once things start to get going (likely tomorrow when there are many things planned for our first sea day.

Before answering questions and sharing the wonderful morning we had, I need to test posting photos as I. Do not remember how (from an iPad).

Three photos are loading now.   People who know us understand that we are tired of museums, temples, cathedrals , etc. and prefer being with people and particularly seeing where they shop, etc.  

So, I am posting Some dogs photos (one below) because this port is full of them - all healthy looking.  Even saw elderly dogs which says a lot about how they are cared for.

The second picture I believe are huge muscles in the very large fish market.   The third is a menu.  If something is priced 3,000 in Chilean Pesos, this would be around. $5.00 U.S.  Great prices.

More photos to come including of our master suite!

73527BAE-67E9-4C79-94EF-2DCCC6723462.jpeg

96DD12D3-2457-4B19-90A1-F5154B901DF0.jpeg

7BF90B95-B172-46AB-B400-CBFD64205EEF.jpeg

Edited by Travelcat2

Tried to fix typos but the system would not permit it so please forgive both my typos and what the bloody Apple products decides should be the word - often wrong.

Continuing....I think that this may include another menu - you can see the price differences. I can’t tell what the first photo is until I post and then I can’t edit so I may have to describe in my next post.  

The third photo I’m not sure about.  Dennis think that they are barnacles that a man is opening and picking out whatever is inside.

5A25CBB9-5F8C-4658-A995-6C875AEE3149.jpeg

DC78E0A7-144A-4AA3-8A69-E8E96BE6F933.jpeg

1DF25138-EAF2-452A-9E9C-ECF2BCFBF836.jpeg

Obviously, the photo was of crabs (not many here and the quality didn’t look good).  BTW - we are in Coquimbo, Chile.

The first photo should be Dennis - I thought that the boat in the water was interesting (I find odd things interesting).  There is also another dog and maybe some fish.

While  I’m waiting for these to load, I should mention how kind the people are - not pushy at all. I did have to tell several people “no habla Espanol” and they were fine with it.  One lovely man responded in English. - we chatted for a moment and then I complimented him on his English.

1FE14F8A-55BF-4C3A-88B7-CF5B0D0BD115.jpeg

46A25A61-B0A1-4373-AC11-9DD5530E733C.jpeg

CAF4615E-C06C-4583-A3AB-7C00DC3755A0.jpeg

There are a ton of seagulls here (good place to be in my opinion).   I could not resist posting a photo of an adult seagull that was giving a younger one (does not even have his adult coloring yet.). After I took the photo, the baby spread his very large wings and chased the adult away (good for him).

Some of the food in the area is cooked and people stop by and pick up a snack.  Others grab a bite at the restaurants (with menu prices shown previously).

DD9C365E-E715-468B-88FA-69159872D0FA.jpeg

4F9EBFB1-480C-469C-8873-CE0C08DC3B2A.jpeg

0144CA12-960C-4131-A844-6A7692A3CA4C.jpeg

• Like 1

Not sure what else I should post before going to the suite photos - will check.   Okay - checked and will go onto the suite photos.  

This should be views of the huge deck that goes around the corner. I think there are four sliding glass doors in this suite.  I think that the first and second. Photos are the side balcony shots and the third is the front.

37746F41-B1F4-4EF4-93CE-3E730FDE7790.jpeg

DF1B71DC-30FA-44AF-9713-AF2734A49D8E.jpeg

CDF0D7C1-4891-4F0B-AA07-674E6D514727.jpeg

Think I missed one balcony angle as it does not look quite as large as it is.  Since we are in the aft of the ship, we can utilize the balcony without the issues that you have in forward suites.

Next is the piano, dining table and area. Note: there are three refrigerators in the suite and 1 3/4 bathrooms. I was unable to take a photo of the second bedroom and bathroom as Dennis was taking a nap while I continued putting a few things away.

It appears. That the first photo did not wrk so I’ll do it again.

6CD5BD96-7749-4548-9D1E-56AAD0F8074D.jpeg

DFCC0503-2B95-4F59-84E3-862DA17D0E03.jpeg

75B77ED9-2475-4A6A-8C28-1B4E921D8829.jpeg

Disappointed in the photos but it gives you a good idea of the suite.  Next is the bathroom and master bedroom. One is of the bed. Then you can see that at the foot of the bed is a television that remotely rises out of a unit and you can lower it when you are done watching.

Two of the photos have the darn back-lit effect.

FA66CE06-D3B3-4837-A831-CD874760529C.jpeg

270BEF5E-90EE-42AC-A9DC-F48F0CC3ECB5.jpeg

41DB632F-C465-4D28-924F-226D929A617D.jpeg

There is one more group.  Two should be the master bathroom (could not tak the very large shower but part of the bathtub came out okay.  The last one will be a surprise to me as I’m not sure what it is.   Guess I’ll learn when I post it.

E94BC723-DD1A-4A2E-9985-DE0EA25D63E6.jpeg

5B6DE230-5697-4C3E-A29D-C9D4B9894DFF.jpeg

8C46ED10-CDE4-4BF4-9B09-7FC45C5FA1B2.jpeg

So, the last photo is of the vanity in the master bedroom.  Difficult to take because of the mirror.  And I had the light on on the make-up mirror.

That is it for now.  Nice dinner in Pacific Rim last night - had lots of saki and lobster tempera.  Lunch today was in P7 (much prefer Chartreuse at lunch but still love having these dining venues available for lunch without reservations).

2 hours ago, OrthoCruiser said:

Hi Jackie,

Hope you guys are getting settled in to your beautiful stateroom and enjoying calm seas as you make your way around your second home.  First time for me to post to you but have always enjoyed your insight and knowledge.  My wife and I, along with another couple, will be coming on when you get off in LA and look forward to reading all about your experience.  We have traveled Navigator several times but this will be our first on Explorer.  

If you get a chance, please see if you can share the complimentary and premium wine lists currently being served.  Also, how early in the cruise do they offer the open tasting of all the wines being served?  Is that something you and Dennis try to attend?

Thank you in advance for your commentary.  Hope you guys have a fabulous trip with Dennis enjoying the attention of your wifely perfection!

Orthocruiser (Skip)

Hi Skip,

There will be quite a few people continuing on after Los Angeles.  Must say that there is no comparison between Explorer and other Regent ships (except for food and service).  I know that some find it glitzy but I find comfortable (and we have been in an entry level suite, concierge suite, grand and master suites (toured the PH suites three times and will be in a Explorer suite later this year.

I’ll be happy to post the Connoisseur Wine list (not today but as soon as I have time as I do this afternoon). It can be very difficult to get a copy of the included wine list but we’re dining with the F&B Director tomorrow and I’ll ask.  We will attend the wine tasting and I’ll try to take some photos for you (the tastings are included wines).  Will be happy to answer any questions that you have.  I suspect that you will love Explorer.

Sheila- Massimo will definitely be onboard month and I believe that Lorraine will too.  Will ask Vladimir and will get an answer for you.

Time to do something other than typing on my iPad:classic_biggrin:

Jackie

P.S.  Trying to be a perfect wife is an interesting undertaking. So far it is working but hope that he

doesn’t get too used to it.   He keeps asking me what I’d like to do and I say “whatever you would like to do”. On the other hand, he is worth it.  Forty years of marriage this year and this special birthday for him on the 26th and we’re still as happy as can be.

Edited by Travelcat2
  • Like 2

Your photos are all wonderful! Loved all that seafood and of course you suite! 

I did spy that bottle of Cliquot (sp?) in the bar area. It's crying to be iced!

"oh please use me! Maybe another one of my sisters will appear!!" (giggle!)

Continue to have fun!

Best from 

J&L

Hi Jackie. I’m enjoying your blog.  Here’s an idea for Dennis‘s birthday. My husband surprised my twin sister and I when we were on the Explorer  in the master suite.   Have your butler arrange for the piano player to come and sing and play Happy Birthday.  We were 64 and Jim had him singing the Beatles song...When I’m 64.   About 10 of the other Butlers  came in and sang along.   It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Who is your butler??   We were lucky enough to have the fabulous Fernando.    Have a great time. 

B6B5978C-E49E-4D55-BFA3-0D29B5F42B01.jpeg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, crusin7 said:

Hi Jackie. I’m enjoying your blog.  Here’s an idea for Dennis‘s birthday. My husband surprised my twin sister and I when we were on the Explorer  in the master suite.   Have your butler arrange for the piano player to come and sing and play Happy Birthday.  We were 64 and Jim had him singing the Beatles song...When I’m 64.   About 10 of the other Butlers  came in and sang along.   It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Who is your butler??   We were lucky enough to have the fabulous Fernando.    Have a great time. 

B6B5978C-E49E-4D55-BFA3-0D29B5F42B01.jpeg

This is a wonderful idea - I love it.  

Great photos Jackie!  Don't worry about the "backlight".   And for reasons you know about from an email I was very interested in the balcony shots because I think the Grand Suite in the stern has a similar balcony...

All that fish looked SO fresh I am not surprised the gulls looked very healthy!

Keep posting the photos.   (A skill I have yet to learn...)  And keep having a great time

Gerry

Very nice pics.  I was quite amazed about how healthy the dogs we saw in Chile were, even though they seemed to be out loose.  One of our guides explained that most are not strays.  They have homes and get fed regularly, but people in Chile generally let them run free, like we do out at the ranch.  I must say I did not encounter an aggressive dog in Chile, though I am sure they do exist.  

I would love a suite suite with a piano in it, but it won’t ever happen unless we get some miraculous upgrade.

i did notice that you have figured out my strategy of trying to post no more than 3 pics at a time.  If you try more than that, it is impossible—takes forever.

Jackie, 

Thank you so much for taking us along on your cruise and celebrations 🎉 Happy Anniversary AND birthday 🎂 to Dennis!  Can’t think of a more fantastic way to celebrate. 

Love!!! All your pictures! Keep them coming please. 

Your following statement made me laugh, we feel the very same way,  😉 totally get it! 

And of course we love the animal pictures 🐶😻

“—————————————-

People who know us understand that we are tired of museums, temples, cathedrals , etc. and prefer being with people and particularly seeing where they shop, etc. “

Continue to have a blast!! 

Karen & John 

Edited by 1teach53